Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So all the missions give exp, no matter if you fail them or not. The exp based on 3 things, difficulty, level and length but this excludes campaign and soul ash/stygia missions, these two wont give exp based on their level or difficulty. There are two difficulty levels, silver border and gold border. Gold border missions give more exp obviously. So basically if you just want to level your followes do the highest level gold and silver border missions without any troops. Addon called Venture Plan shows the exp values if you really want to minmax it.

the one positive takeaway from this - unless I'm mistaken - is that as long as you don't do campaign quests you don't have to worry about adventures being too high level for your companions? as in the adventure levels are strictly based on campaign progression and not companion level? I had stopped leveling my highest companions as I was afraid that was what was going to continue to increase adventure levels.

Yea, the scaling is way of.

And Venthyr has by far the weakest command table, our followers & units kind of suck, compared to the other covenants.

I pushed my campaign missions too far.

Now I barely get any exp missions, and the few that I get, there's no way I can send my low level followers along on them.
    I can also no longer complete my weekly ash mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Mission table isn't balanced. Some sad sob decided that some covenants have to have harder job in completing missions. As Kyrian I am struggling to do missions that are same lvl or lower than my followers while as night fey I can do 5lvl+ higher.
    It's just fail in design nothing more than that.
    Honestly this plus the fact that the campaign missions just flat out increase the level of all missions is just poor game design. I don't even remember seeing anywhere that the campaign missions would boost the overall lvl for your missions until this post. As a Kyrian I've yet to see a tank spec follower not to mention that it took weeks to get a healer while other covenants got both within the first couple of weeks. I don't get why they didn't just make each covenants follower roster the same specs but with different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You just compared them.

Just don't do 4 campaigns after having hit campaign level 16. Nice to keep in mind for alts, at least. Use this macro to check what campaign mission level you're at: /script print(C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(1889).quantity)

I guess if you're one of the extremely few people who turns in missions the second after they're done and thus have 100% uptime on XP missions then yeah, you'll level slower, but still at a decent pace. Got all my followers at atleast level 45+ except one that I got last week, he's level 31. Once you get level 60 missions it goes a lot faster.
    No he contrasted them. Not being comparable means they are very different(in this case in rewards for time). Nice try at taking a jab via semantics while being wrong.

We need old %-based mission table back

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    What's even more funny: there's at least one more champion to be unlocked from renown (at least for NF, I think it's next reset) xD So another lev 1 champion that I can only level by suiciding missions. MAYBE I'll manage to max-lev them by the time next major patch drops, lmao.
    There are three more coming from renown and at least 2 from torghast, gonna form a nice suicide squad. There were missions in the lvl 30 range that lvl 1s could survive without getting hit, but now in the 40s and 50s its truly idiotic.

You are Venthyr, like me, and that's probably the hardest mission table in SL from what I'm hearing. Get the Venture Plan addon if you want to preserve your sanity. I've been using that for a couple weeks now and it's been a godsend.

Sometimes you can defeat higher level missions without much logic behind it, just gotta try different setups and check what the success chance is according to the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    You can get the % (chance to win) with weak auras and the Venture Plan addon.

Adventures are iffy

Gearing new companions is slow work

My alt (Night Fae) has almost eclipsed my main (Kyrian) simply because Night Fae just get a much stronger team

Whether you like that part of it or not. The higher the mission the less you Can use the Numbers in the top right as a measure of success

Ultimately its just a few bonus items, but I wish healing companions was actually affordable

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    So all the missions give exp, no matter if you fail them or not. The exp based on 3 things, difficulty, level and length but this excludes campaign and soul ash/stygia missions, these two wont give exp based on their level or difficulty. There are two difficulty levels, silver border and gold border. Gold border missions give more exp obviously. So basically if you just want to level your followes do the highest level gold and silver border missions without any troops. Addon called Venture Plan shows the exp values if you really want to minmax it.
    And that Addon is also really good if you want to see if you can get the missions to succeed: swapping troop positions, swapping in different companions etc.

And if not, as you write, just do it for exp without spending anima on troops (if the exp is good enough), and even check remaining exp on companions - so you can see that they will level and heal fully (especially if low level).

It's a shame that the standard UI doesn't have that.

I feel like keeping the players confused is half the intent with adventures and in some other systems.
    I came to the conclusion to farm shared cosmetics and vanity from the easiest source/covenant. That means I had to have a NF adventurer. No other alt of mine has the table even unlocked. Dreamweaver is on the second mount adventure atm on my main, Venture Plan says she will succeed.
    My other followers are faceplanting with XP missions. Not gonna get new adventurers from torghast or otherwise because leveling them is a pain in the ass and they drag down the whole team. Not like I'd even need them, and that's the weird thing: I do not even need them, and I definetly dont want them, only if they are OP OP OP OP.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-23 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Oh, thanks for the advice. Would be useful before I actually did that. Too bad there was absolutely nothing in Blizzard or external sources stating that Campaign missions increase the level of available missions and disable bonus exp missions.

That's the name of this failed feature: lack of transparency. You can't even see which champions you lack without reaching to external sources. The mere possibility of being able to aquire a new, lev 1 adventurer, after having done all campaign missions, meaning no bonus exp missions, is such a glaring error. For some reason the covenant units levels being a median of your adventurers level is fine, but the level of missions is not? Disabling bonus exp missions, even though there are non-max level adventurers is somehow a good idea? Even though in previous iterations you received bonus exp missions even when all of your champions were max level.

It feels like two separate teams worked on this system, with completely opposite thoughts on how it should function, then they somehow mixed it all and pushed to release. Barely anything makes sense.

What's even more funny: there's at least one more champion to be unlocked from renown (at least for NF, I think it's next reset) xD So another lev 1 champion that I can only level by suiciding missions. MAYBE I'll manage to max-lev them by the time next major patch drops, lmao.
    Indeed, there was quite little information about the mission table. There is more available now, but I doubt the majority of the playerbase bothers searching for information. I wonder how many people actually use the mission table..

If anything, I feel the anima cost for missions is too high. Other than that I don't really mind the system as it is right now.
    Hi

throwing all my champions at missions trying to fail so much maybe it lowers the level of my missions just failed my level 48 campaign mission for the 2nd time

i almost accidently completed it using half dead champions

its so broken why am i able to do the level 48 campaign mission so easy when the level 35 experience missions smash my face in

so many people are going to end up ruining their progress it needs to be fixed

They just need to delete that sh*t.

95% of the playerbase does not like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post

Then 95% of players can ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post

Honestly, with the system as complicated as it is, all we need is an official prognosis in the form of final health after the mission given. Addons do that anyway, and without it only the people who dont have them suffer.

There's just no way to tell without if you're a human being a not a script. There are situations, where you can end up with a 50% health difference and win vs. lose by just switching 2 dps champions around. For literally no good and understandable reason.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-23 at 02:21 PM.

Whole system is stupid AF, as a night fae i did all this elite special missions when my champions where under 40 and yes i know other convents have issues with them... main issue im currently having is realizing leveling all those champions to level 60 will take literally months at level 44 champion needs ~10k + XP for level, even if you send them to LONG 1500XP mission that takes 12h, you only do 1/3 of level/day and its only ~43/44... and question is... do i care? my OCD says yes at least on once character, BUT meeeh i should just stop playing this shit game lets not forget you technically need to be doing at minimum all WQs daily for ability to even send them on missions + upgrading your covenant since upgrading you coventant needs 10k+ anima + lets not forget mounts you can buy for anima... this game is such a chore....
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2021-01-23 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Honestly this plus the fact that the campaign missions just flat out increase the level of all missions is just poor game design. I don't even remember seeing anywhere that the campaign missions would boost the overall lvl for your missions until this post. As a Kyrian I've yet to see a tank spec follower not to mention that it took weeks to get a healer while other covenants got both within the first couple of weeks. I don't get why they didn't just make each covenants follower roster the same specs but with different characters.
    They should have made it so we unlock followers while we quest and lvl and we all can get the same while only legendary followers are covenant locked and those are not role specific but just buff party with moral (crit chance, go increase, power.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    anyone getting screwed when it comes to follower missions for a week now i have not received a single mission under 35 even though i have many followers under level 35
    I send the lower ones on suicide missions to capture the 1200 or 1500 base XP. It's the only way I can level them up now.

Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    Sure felt great having 199% success chance and failing bonus rewards in half the missions.

Current version of mission table is the best they did, period. Everything can be counted down to the last point of damage. You know if you're going to win or not, there's 0 rng involved (well, in most missions, since some do have "hits random enemy" skills, so those few missions can be somewhat luck dependant). Just because people are too lazy to learn what the hell is going on, and would rather complain, doesn't mean that the design is bad.

Just get Venture Plan if you can't think for yourself, and it will solve all your troubles.

Also, one last thing - apart from 4 mounts, and laughable amount of soul ash which after 2 months you probably don't even need anymore, there's absolutely zero rewards that would make the table mandatory in any way, shape, or form. It's just a bonus for people who want to do it, either for some bonus passive anima, or crafting mats. For 95% of playerbase however, it can be skipped without any problem, you won't lose anything.