Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Hard disagree. Some of the best times I've had in Torghast have resulted from those powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Obviously this is 10,000% my opinion, but I can’t resist posting this for a moment longer.

Seriously, the pitch for torghast is you gain crack powers, BUT the enemies also participate in a scaling arms race, but also you have to manage the downsides of some of your “bigger” powers.

One of these things does not belong. If there’s a scaling race with the consistently empowered foes, none of those powers should have a downside.

Oh, but you might say “make a choice, you don’t have to take the kiss/curse powers,” ok… they’re still taking up space on the RNG table and there COULD be better options in their place (because I’m sorry, the cursed powers don’t exist to me as valid choices), or they could just BE CONSISTENT UPGRADES like the NPCs will get without fail every floor!

I know, I know, Torghast is “beaten content:” for you maybe, but some of us will keep doing it and this is one of my only complaints about the main flow of the mode. I don’t get the logic: There isn’t a curse that happens to the NPCs, the power arms race is consistent on one end but RNG-based on the other AND there are kiss/curse powers polluting the pool.

A guildie of mine just showed me timebreaker’s paradox and this post just had to happen. I do not agree with this decision to have the “the fun is in the crack powers” game mode come with downsides to those powers. We wouldn’t tolerate it to this degree outside of Torghast (Surrender to Madness is a meme talent, I’m sorry), why is it ok within Torghast where the OP-high is part of the fun?

That’s my opinion, such as it is.
    Honestly, we don't really get to enjoy the full potential of torghast because of the 6 floor thing. Even 18 floors with twisting corridor doesn't allow us to really experience the overpowering feel that was torghast.
    But the negatives? It can suck....but if you don't want to deal with that negative then don't choose it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "Man, I really regret taking that ability that stopped me from being able to jump." -nobody, ever
    I'm pretty sure there's just 1 room where not being able to jump is a problem - the lava pool with the rock bridge thingy. And I'm pretty sure you can still somehow make this without being able to jump. Other than this there is quite literally 0 downside to not being able to jump - just like the can't walk backwards thing matters fuck all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much always take the "can't jump" one and can't remember it being a noticeable detriment.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What are you talking about? Turn on the spot, walk away sideways or forward. No need to move closer. You could do that even with just keyboard turning, it just takes longer.

Frankly, all you're showing here is that you don't understand the movement mechanics in WoW.
    "Or forward. No need to move closer" Are you even reading yourself? Frankly all you're showing is you don't understand the reading mechanics in life.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Or forward. No need to move closer" Are you even reading yourself? Frankly all you're showing is you don't understand the reading mechanics in life.
    Read the whole sentence, not just the last two words.

I don't mind kiss / curse, because they are usually so strong that any downside is completely overshadowed by the upside.

But I do hate that already after like 5-6 weeks, every Torghast run feels exactly the same. The wings are not different enough.