Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Definitely yes please!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The last Alt I level I only did three zones and got to 60. I'd rather do all four zones than the intro maw.

- - - Updated - - -

Not efficient though. I could get that same level dong quests in another zone that grants rep, gear, anima, etc. Then just replay the same thing for the 6-7-10-13th time. Why are you so rude anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

You jump in. Talk to whoever. Boom into Oribos and selecting story or do my own thing lines of questing. Getting anima, rep, gear, and renown instead of standing around waiting on NPC's and getting nothing but exp.
    Sure, but do note that aside from Legion and BFA - which both had scenario intros they've never given players an option to skip intros.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

+1 for maw skip

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If only we could skip all the RP it would save up quite some time
    +1 for all RP skips

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Although I agree with it being meh, it grants almost an entire level and hardly takes any time. Sometimes I'd love for a skip option as well, but it's either that or the other methods of farming for your exp, so it's a no win scenario.
    I 100% quests in every zone while leveling, I usually ding 60 in Ardenweald so removing the maw intro may mean I actually get into Revendreth lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Sure, but do note that aside from Legion and BFA - which both had scenario intros they've never given players an option to skip intros.
    WoD has a skip as well To my knowledge MoP doesn't but MoP doesn't really have much of an intro, fly to ship, shoot stuff, kill stuff and blow up boxes, run to top of tower.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2021-01-24 at 09:26 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    If that. Just did it on an alt yesterday. Was in and out in maybe 25ish minutes. Managed a level out of it too. It really isn’t nearly as bad as some people make it seem.
    Not the point, people want the choice.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

My issue is alts - once i have experienced the story, i REALLY want to skip all the RP and follow quests, which is 50% of the maw, easy. There are only a handful of straight up "go kill these" quests, which is something i really want to do when starting a new class / spec - get right into combat and get a feel for it right away, rather than following npc's around and clicking a bunch of dialogue.

To be clear i lvl alts on ToF, so getting right into combat is something i value over story and RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Yep, and a zone that becomes annoying as f**k to do on your tenth character you make. With zero skip. At least we have the Threads of Fate right?
    Why would you put 10 characters through it?

I don't even wanna re-grind on 1 character

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of boggles my mind you can skip the intro for your covenant and go right to your first soulbind but can't skip the intro despite that basically being the norm at this point. Surprised they haven't just patched in a skip at this point.

Yeah, I wish they would remove it. It is a pain in the ass. Did it 5 times already. fuck that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yes, you can use the Corridor Creeper (And if you are one of the few to get it, the Gorged Shadehound mount as well) inside the Maw intro, as well as (If you decided to for whatever reason) the Maldraxxus questline where you rescue the Morgraines from the Maw.
    Yeah I don't do campaign on alts as I usually want to get right to crafting, but good to know.

The bad thing about the intro is all the unskippable RP. Also it takes a long time. Wowhead actually timed it and on a DK they timed 42 minutes and on a worgen rogue (running wild allows to move with mount speed and vanish to skip mobs) it took 40 minutes. 25-30 minutes is the time you actually play and do something and the rest is just standind next to a NPC waiting for their RP.

As for the XP. I don't really care for that one level up. If you do all sidequests you'll be 60 before finishing Ardenweald and if you do only the campaign quest you'll be 60 before finishing Revendreth. You can start the intro quest at lvl48 and need to reach lvl53 to get the quest for Maldraxxus. Doing all quests in Bastion gets you to lvl55 and lvl48-50 takes less XP, so there's more than enough XP available if we could skip it.

It's not THAT long, but it's absolute fun-cancer. In fact, The Maw in general is absolute fun-cancer. I hate every time I feel I need to go there. If they intended it to be a hellish unfun place you don't want to be in, they sure as hell succeeded.

blizzard really wanted to make it tedious and annoying.

the whole sequence with bolvar is slow and constantly requires you to be present (cant skip dialogue, cant afk cause gotta move shards etc).
    all the jaina talks and walking sequences require you to stick close to her and ask her "tell me more, tell me more, tell me more...".
    the whole "no ground mount" is obviously there to make you move through the maw slower, probably to make the tiny zone seem larger.
    those winged evil kyrians constantly dive on top of the player, every sequence its like a stun every 5 seconds unless you keep moving.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    +1 for maw skip

+1 for all RP skips

- - - Updated - - -

I 100% quests in every zone while leveling, I usually ding 60 in Ardenweald so removing the maw intro may mean I actually get into Revendreth lol

- - - Updated - - -

WoD has a skip as well To my knowledge MoP doesn't but MoP doesn't really have much of an intro, fly to ship, shoot stuff, kill stuff and blow up boxes, run to top of tower.
    Which I stated earlier yes. However that isn't as much a skip as an actual teleport.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I doenst take long(like 30 minutes tops?), but damn its tedious to do. Every minute feels like an hour.

Maybe it has something to do with that we MUST do it in order to progress. We cant do anything else, we gotta go through it.
    The cringe forced dialogue, rp walking, and being unable to mount adds layers of terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I imagine the mount from Torghast would help...
    No, because you have to go at NPC pace most of the time.

It's not even that I care to do intro quests over and over again - for example even though skippable I always did the WOD introduction on my toons. Those were normal quests and it rewarded you with a complete set of gear to bring you up to speed and gave reasonable XP.

But for the maw introduction they really dug deep into the most annoying quest box. It literally starts with the fun "connect these four points while you walk like a snail", has unskippable RP where you cannot even just AFK but have to talk to the NPC twice, and finally the beloved "follow me in my stealth circle" quest. The only thing missing would be some "kill 200 mobs in that vehicle" quest to make it perfect.

It awards poor XP and no reasonable gear and just serves as annoying time sink, it serves as nothing but promoting the story which we already knew when doing it a second time. Quite curious why they decided it should not be skippable in the first place.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's not even that I care to do intro quests over and over again - for example even though skippable I always did the WOD introduction on my toons. Those were normal quests and it rewarded you with a complete set of gear to bring you up to speed and gave reasonable XP.

But for the maw introduction they really dug deep into the most annoying quest box. It literally starts with the fun "connect these four points while you walk like a snail", has unskippable RP where you cannot even just AFK but have to talk to the NPC twice, and finally the beloved "follow me in my stealth circle" quest. The only thing missing would be some "kill 200 mobs in that vehicle" quest to make it perfect.

It awards poor XP and no reasonable gear and just serves as annoying time sink, it serves as nothing but promoting the story which we already knew when doing it a second time. Quite curious why they decided it should not be skippable in the first place.
    It gives almost a full level.

9.1 will have the skip

The WoD introductory quests would like to have a word with you.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The maw bit is fine, the icecrown crap leading up to it though..