Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'm hoping it ties into why Bastion and Oribos have the same anima colour, and why the kyrian started wiping their memories in the first place.

My theory is that the kyrian secretly deposed Zovaal in a coup, installed some of their own special constructs (The Arbiter and the Attendants) in his place, and wiped their own memories to absolve themselves of blame; the truth never got out, or at least was covered up, and the kyrian started following instructions they'd left for themselves to keep wiping their own memories until anyone who knew the truth was dead for good.

For bonus points, Zovaal is actually Zo'vaal, and the Brokers are in Oribos to find a way to reveal the truth and reappoint their wayward brother to his old position in the reckless pursuit of profit, which is why Ve'nari betrayed the others. For double bonus points, Zovaal is actually the Runecarver, and the Primus defeated him and stole his identity as the Jailer.
    I feel like this is way too interesting for blizz's writing, but I like your ideas. I think the Brokers are void related and probably "the hint" for the next expansion.

Kyrians are definitely suspicious as heck for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And Sargeras. And Illidan. And Arthas. All of these were basically anti-heroes who did what they did for the best of their planet/universe, according to them.
    Except Illidan. Illidan wanted to defeat the Legion sure, but it was never to save Azeroth/the universe, but simply his own hide and/or Tyrande which even then it wasn't to be selfless but rather because he wanted her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    thats not all he does though. he didnt JUST kidnap lieutenants. He:
    1. Uses souls from all the realms to make slave soldiers [his army]
    2. Tortures souls in stone prisons [the crucible]
    3. Tortures souls by having his beasts consume them [Torghast]
    4. Tortures souls by binding them [Torghast]
    5. Tortures souls by boiling them [Torghast]
    6. Tortures souls by smashing them on anvils [Crucible]
    7. Smashes souls to get ash from them so he can make more landmass in the maw [Tremalcum]
    8. Has his beasts consume them [Beastwarrens]
    9. Is responsible for the lich king, so basically all the suffering of the forsaken and all the people destroyed in Northern Eastern Kingdoms

Saying "well he just kidnapped a lieutenant" is like saying "oh he only held a hostage to get his demands met, no dont look at him raping and torturing all these thousands of other people, hes not so bad"
    So basically he's the same as Illidan just that we don't know his motives yet completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except Illidan. Illidan wanted to defeat the Legion sure, but it was never to save Azeroth/the universe, but simply his own hide and/or Tyrande which even then it wasn't to be selfless but rather because he wanted her.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically he's the same as Illidan just that we don't know his motives yet completely.
    the crimes are similar. the magnitude far different.

illidan mashed souls in azeroth.

jailer is mashing souls of every living being in the cosmos.

do motives really matter if he wants to paste and crush every soul in existence? not a town, not a world tree, not a continent, not a planet. everything. every soul in existence, if the jailer could, hed torture it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason for Anduin to save her lol. May it be he will serve but for sure not for her. I think Sylvanas is goin to betray the Jailer anyway.

oh god that so terrible it could be true.. all the corpse fappers would appreciate that i'm quite sure

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Yeah I thought it was weird the jailer has a hole in his chest and the arbiter has an orb in her's. She also seems manufactured along with the whole or Oribos and it's attendants.

I think the jailer was the original arbiter and the others ganged up on him and replaced him with their own artificial one.
    The other 4 being in the end bad while jailer being somehow good instead would be an interesting plot twist (the Ardenweald Queen gives me creeps more than the Jailer for example) but I don’t think it will happen, if I recall well it has already been stated that the Jailer will be the N’Zoth of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    The other 4 being in the end bad while jailer being somehow good instead would be an interesting plot twist (the Ardenweald Queen gives me creeps more than the Jailer for example) but I don’t think it will happen, if I recall well it has already been stated that the Jailer will be the N’Zoth of this expansion.
    One does not necessarily prevent the other, though. The theory of Zovaal doing the Arbiter's job before the Arbiter can still coexist with Zovaal being a bad guy we should dispose of.

Zovaal being previous-Arbiter would explain his 5D chess play, as he knew what would overload the Arbiter and make it go offline. But in the end, Zovaal was still betrayed and imprison for a reason, this reason might be that he used his "arbiting" powers for bad reasons, which would be enough motive for us to dispose of him at the end of the expac.
    But Zovaal being bad does not make the other ones good. They can also be bad - just a bit less

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I thought Blizzard had learned from the WoD fiasco, but maybe they haven't.

Then again, so long as they don't portray the Alliance as villains, I'm fine.

I can't stand how Yrel is portrayed as the villain and Grommash gets a "hero's death" when Grommash literally had Yrel's sister and adoptive father killed.

The funny thing is that I don't even like Yrel nor the Draenei, but this kind of writing is just toxic.
    I wasn't a fan of what they did Yrel either. I feel like it nullifies AU Velen's sacrifice only to have Yrel be some crazed lunatic forcibly converting people. I don't mind Grommash growing into something more than he was during the Iron Horde but in some ways they squandered that too. I would have liked for Yrel continue in the path of Velen and continue to protect her people and grow peace with on Dreanor or defend it if needed. This tangent they are exploring with her it's just one of those narratives i'm tired of seeing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I wasn't a fan of what they did Yrel either. I feel like it nullifies AU Velen's sacrifice only to have Yrel be some crazed lunatic forcibly converting people. I don't mind Grommash growing into something more than he was during the Iron Horde but in some ways they squandered that too. I would have liked for Yrel continue in the path of Velen and continue to protect her people and grow peace with on Dreanor or defend it if needed. This tangent they are exploring with her it's just one of those narratives i'm tired of seeing.
    What they did to Yrel is just a milder, slightly different version of what they did with Sylvanas.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What they did to Yrel is just a milder, slightly different version of what they did with Sylvanas.
    yea she's one of the characters they decided to take a nose dive on.