Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What sci-fi universe would you like to live in the most?

You can pick from any sci-fi series/program, movie etc. Just bear in mind it's the world/universe you are looking at, not the quality of the show or it's writing. Some shows are awful, but the setting/world or future/past they are based on is actually something that's really exciting.

no, they're certainly not all the same, if you watch any series you would know what I mean.

So popular options include

The Expanse
    Altered Carbon
    Farscape
    Bablyon 5
    Andromeda
    Star Wars
    The 5th Element
    Lost in Space
    Star Trek
    Dune
    Riddick
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Warhammer 40k
    Dark Matter
    Killjoys
    Orville
    Battlestar Galactica
    Thor

Okay, I could go on, there are so many, take your pick. Don't forget ot say why, what you like about it.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-01-25 at 01:28 PM.

Babylon 5, I'd like to see what lies beyond the Rim.

Somewhere around 50%-80% of the way through the Dark Age of Technology, Warhammer 40k. Sure, it goes to shit after that, but it would be a hell of a ride.

I will add Orion's Arm, which would be amazing, but only with very specific criteria to my life there.
    Last edited by Moloch04; 2021-01-25 at 01:51 AM.

Hmm I don't know about all of the universes you've mentioned. I like the ones where it would be possible to get a different body like Altered Carbon. Not sure if Star Trek also has this technology, but it's far into the future so it's probably there too. And Star Trek universe is probably easier to live in for the average person compared with Altered Carbon? Must say I don't know that much about Star Trek.

I think that's what I would look for the most in a sci fi universe to live in. Something with much better technology where it's possible to change your body but at the same time possible to live a happy and calm live. So Riddick which is full of death is probably not a universe I would like to live in. But obviously it makes for a better movie if there are more conflicts.

Star Trek, not close.
    Most of the others are SCA~RY.

Star Trek TNG era to post post Dominion War era. Tech is good and fairly easy life
    Star Wars republic or post empire era. Might be a littler harder to live in but overall nice and all the hot aliens
    Mass Effect pre or post reaper invasion. Might be the hardest to live in but I think would overall not be too bad if you avoid the reapers....

Star Trek easy, you don't have to think about money. Ever.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Guardians of the Galaxy is not a "sci-fi universe". It's still just the Marvel Universe

And while the MCU does have some advance tech if you happen to be a superhero...it seems that civilians, by and large, don't really have anything that we don't have in our mundane universe.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-25 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy is not a "sci-fi universe"
    Yes, it is. Why would you say it isn't?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

3+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars sounds pretty cool, though I'd make a shitty Sith Lord.

Maybe, Star Trek or Babylon 5?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yes, it is. Why would you say it isn't?
    Because Earth isn't part of any advanced tech that comes with such a universe.

But we do have a sorcerer supreme, so it's all good!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Because Earth isn't part of any advanced tech that comes with such a universe.

But we do have a sorcerer supreme, so it's all good!
    Advanced Tech isn't the only requirement of something being Science Fiction.

I'd choose Star Wars. The Force is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Star Trek, not close.
    Most of the others are SCA~RY.
    You know, I was actually thinking that myself, most of those world's are so dark.

Are you stuck on Earth in the Farscape universe?

The Culture - ultimate post-scarcity anarcho-communist utopia. Optional biological immortality or at least conscious control of aging, technological immortality through mind backups, mind transference to different bodies, sleeping can put you into a fully immersive months-long roleplay experience, drug glands, auto-adjusting body to various conditions like low/high-G, complete mastery over physics and matter all ruled over by snarky mega-AI with powers that make gods look tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek. Easily. Even just the every day person on earth has a pretty good life. World peace, no poverty, all basic needs taken care of and everyone works to better themselves and/or society as a whole. It is easily the most utopian of the big sci-fi universes.

Guardians of the Galaxy is not a "sci-fi universe". It's still just the Marvel Universe

And while the MCU does have some advance tech if you happen to be a superhero...it seems that civilians, by and large, don't really have anything that we don't have in our mundane universe.
    Hate to break it to you, but superhero stuff is pretty sci-fi.

i rly like the point where the expanse is at,with its new opened portals to all those worlds,its more intersting than older more advanced shows like star trek or star wars because all those new worlds are completly unknown to humanity(granted star wars also had a bunch of unknown zones,but not to the degree of acces the expanse has)

one of my biggest fantasies is to live forever in a space travel capable world and explore as much of the uncharted universe as posible

i often think how amazing it must have felt for explorers in the past when all they knew was their imediate suroundings and the entire world was an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Dune
    Warhammer 40k
    who would pick these, they obviously dont like being alive.

Nowhere - get to chill out in a utopia
    hitch hikers the galaxy - remember to bring a towel
    red rising universe - id be a fucking pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but superhero stuff is pretty sci-fi.
    Sure...if you're a superhero.

99.99% of the people on Earth in the MCU live exactly the same kind of lives we do.

Compare that to Star Trek.

And still, Guardians of the Galaxy is not it's own universe. It's a small corner of the MCU.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-25 at 04:41 AM.

Sure...if you're a superhero.

99.99% of the people on Earth in the MCU live exactly the same kind of lives we do.

Compare that to Star Trek.
    True, but it is a different universe, it has perks like super powers and intergalactic aliens and space faring races, Thor, Captain Marvel , the Cree it has a sci fi component even if it is set in present time earth.

MCU does have some heroes in a sci fi setting, some in hi tech, some in the future etc. I had it listed because of Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor