Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    There never has and never will be a season where the majority of SPECS are taken, not even fucking close. It's a good season when every class has a good answer answer or two, which they largely do right now. Saying that Hunter, DK and Warlock have no options is actually asinine and you literally should not be PvPing if you believe that.

Peck down some of the bullshit, mostly covenant related, and you have a really good season considering its the opener. I worry more about scaling in the middle/later stages of the expansion than I do RNG Youtube burst.
    Hunter, dk, dh and warlock are dumpster tier in arena is what I said, or meant at least. As that's they are.

im a rogue and i die too much more than i should.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Hunter, dk, dh and warlock are dumpster tier in arena is what I said, or meant at least. As that's they are.
    Nah that's not true. Frost DK is A tier, quite viable and solid even in tournament. Lock is upper B or lower A, tournament viable but not great. Hunter and DH are B tier, generally not played in tournament but still R1 viable.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    As a healer, i had the following experience. Playing against Boomkin, Ret, Disc:

Game starts Ret mounted up, and runs at me.
    HoJ.
    I trinket, because i know convoke is coming with the HoJ and want to prewall.
    I get hit with a beam after i trinket (no action can be done).

I died from: Judgement 9,7k Judgment 9,7k Judgment 9.7k Starsurge 17.1k Starsurge 17.1k Mindgames 4.3k

After the first Starsurge, Phial of Serenity auto healed me, and Mindgames proced on me when i used "Bag of Tricks" for the heal since i was silenced.
    If you think this is fun or whatever, it's not. Call it severe RNG. There's just nothing you can do sometimes and that not how the game should play.

I get it though, been around the game long enough to get it. Every new expansion goes like this:
    1st Season - burst season (why are rets ALWAYS the best at launch?)
    2nd Season - healing season (Healers can survive pretty much everything)
    3rd season - setups season - (caster cleave dominates because they live long enough to get their damage off)

Been the story for awhile now, but SL season 1 is not even close to fun... not even close...
    I fully agree on this. This has nothing to do with players being bad or not able to adapt. Most are missing the point. Its just not fun. The times I have faced the same teams so far comb wise.. you would think youd get better. Its more like what ever... you still get shut down or straight up one shotted with zero room for error. Its all dandy and shit that it all seems super diverse.. thats because we have multiple classes that can do that. Doesnt mean its an overral balanced situation. Lets not even start about rapid fite+ explosion hitting its full duration through walls and yes this can also one shot you even when you are los it.

Never disliked 2s this much before.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-02-08 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Nah that's not true. Frost DK is A tier, quite viable and solid even in tournament. Lock is upper B or lower A, tournament viable but not great. Hunter and DH are B tier, generally not played in tournament but still R1 viable.
    Well viable in the way dps hybrids are viable in vanilla. Hoping the team can pick up your spec being bad.

Looks like hunters and DKs have pretty equal representation at higher levels. Warlocks then a little less and DHs can't even fit into the dumpster. There is that one hero DH who's managed to break 3k rating. Warlock, dk, hunter aren't much better off...
    Pretty disgusting how 65% of top pvp is 4 classes. Last 35% then is split by the other 8.

It gets better with practice and when you know the new abilities (prev wod experience wont make you know it all, i was 2.1k in legion threes and still got stuck on 1300 for a while in sl until i learned the new stuff).

But i agree the pace is still generally different and less fun. Class design also has less room for interesting decisions and its mostly about maximizing rotation, ccing abd burst. Its still fun, but i prefered mop - legion.

Edit:also, the dependency on pve to get good versa gear before high rating is retarded.
    Last edited by Amariw; 2021-02-08 at 02:14 PM.

Game is never right when Fire mage is viable

What I see on your account is 1750 in 3s lol, also previous expac exp is irrelevant when it comes to current expac gameplay. Why do people have to pretend their are higher rated than they are like if it automatically makes their statement true?
    Last edited by Philomene; 2021-02-12 at 09:28 AM.

I suck in PvP, but nobody is a match for my rogue, hunter and monk.
    Thats not fair
    lol
    Last edited by Rootsbum; 2021-02-12 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    im a rogue and i die too much more than i should.
    I mean, if you're a rogue and tanking a bunch of damage outside of your setups, you're going to die.

Legit if a rogue isn't either setting up a kill, or looking for a reset to facilitate the next go, it's a free kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    the point is to setup a scenario where you cannot be stopped. which is why convoke is inherently infinitely worse on Feral compared to Boomy simply due to one being ranged, and magical so it goes through BoP and Intervene.

also it has slowed down dramatically at 40k+ HP. look at most of the AWC games, except for outliers where ppl messed up big time and died instantly due to various things like playing WW Monk WITHOUT a trinket against RMP and ur healer refuses to trinket / bubble the opener etc, they were all quite long games for a reason. if u track ur own stun DR, and ur against a rogue, you know he wants to swap to you once the DR is gone, play accordingly, and dont recklessly run at him in cat form when u dont have Bark skin / Trinket? its not rocket science.

- - - Updated - - -

Monk Damage relies on Pets, so AOE Slows / roots definitely do wonders.

And yes u should insta pop defensivesd when a mage combusts on you if u are unable to stop him with CC or Dispel the combust. you trade cooldowns for cooldowns, so yeah its a L2P issue for you most likely, theres a reason other ppl can get high rating and you can't. does that make it balanced? no. but every PVP'er loves the fast pace, we just want the 6 or so absolutely broken classes to get nerfed so the rest of us can play. (rets, Warrior, elemental, Fire mage, Holy paladin, Prot Paladin, WW, Boomy, sorry if I forgot one of you OP fuckers > ) rogues are ONLY viable because they play well with Mages, and mages are OP. how fucking sad is that? 0 hunters at the AWC, only one that even tried was SSDS, who didnt even make it past the qualifiers with Jungle cleave. barely any hunters on Ladder, not seen a frost mage yet either tbh, and I have almost 1k 2v2 games played at 2.4k as Sub/MM and about half that in 3's. think I saw 1 Arcane mage.

Saw 1 Demo lock that I can remember, and a handful of Destro locks.

Seen 1 Outlaw rogue, and 3 Assasination rogues.

Only Feral druid I have met in 2's is TJFeralkingx. who is a multi R1, and he lost to some no name 2.6k peaked retards playing Sub/MM. he was obviously the better player btw, played him loads in BFA as well in 2's.

met a few ferals at around 1800 mmr initially in 3's, not seen any since.

All I see are Shamans, Warriors, paladins, Fire mages, Boomies, Windwankers, DK's (In walking dead cleave only) and Sub Rogues ( in RMP Only ) and Affli locks (Please remove corruption slow from the game, I beg) and Priests.
    Seriously, are you playing the same game I am? AOE slows and roots on WW? Almost impossible to slow them down. And who has 40K health? Most geared dps casters top out at about 36K - 38K buffed. Dispel combustion? Really? Through Tri-ward lego and other buffs? Not all classes have an offensive dispel and some like Hunters have a 10 second CD on it.

I understand you're thinking with team mentality and it's difficult to disagree with that. Its the right strat mode. But when you attach rating to gear upgrades, you're often forced into difficult choices. Whether you're looking for 1400, 1600, 1800 or somewhere north, you're facing players with 10-20 I-lvls on you and that's significant. So if you trade off a comp for gear, you're screwed and vice versa. And of course, you can trade off rating for comp and gear, but then you're screwed there too. Pvp is now designed to keep players on a merry go round. Its all about the monthly subs and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    You're all acting as if pvp is more unbalanced than it's ever been, have people really forgotten about Warlocks in MoP? or Frost mages in cataclysm? This season isn't more nor less unbalanced than previous seasons.
    best pvp expansions up to date, best class design, pure greatness.

dunno why make a classic server, when those expansions in the middle of wows lifecycle are the best?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    best pvp expansions up to date, best class design, pure greatness.

dunno why make a classic server, when those expansions in the middle of wows lifecycle are the best?
    Hah, i played a ret paladin even back then, so for me it was hell

It's funny when people say "convoke is not OP, just kick it" or "ret isn't OP, with no wings they do noodle dps".

Still Multi R1 and blizzcon champs lose to it everyday

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction= is pretty interesting.
    Yeah the higher you go the less disc priests there are. At very top Holy Paladin is the only healer worth your time. Not even disc priests matter there...
    I'm looking atthe first page of 50 top rated players and I see a ton of Holy paladins, but also tons of holy priests, a couple discs, and a couple resto shamans. It actually looks like there's an equal number of holy priests to holy paladins.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-02-28 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah even without full moon being able to proc during convoke, balance can still one shot with a couple of crits.

Hunter rapid fire does ~20k damage over its short duration.

Rets can one-shot people with relatively high frequency.

Rogues still have that autocrit legendary that lets them kill people in 4 secs of opener.

I'm not sure why Blizzard is waiting so long to deliver some much needed nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Yeah even without full moon being able to proc during convoke, balance can still one shot with a couple of crits.

Hunter rapid fire does ~20k damage over its short duration.

Rets can one-shot people with relatively high frequency.

Rogues still have that autocrit legendary that lets them kill people in 4 secs of opener.

I'm not sure why Blizzard is waiting so long to deliver some much needed nerfs.
    Wow. Its amazing that someone can complain about overpowered specs, calling for nerfs, and not mention Fire Mages, Warriors or Wind Walkers. How is that even possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    And it's interruptible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontatsu View Post
    Wow. Its amazing that someone can complain about overpowered specs, calling for nerfs, and not mention Fire Mages, Warriors or Wind Walkers. How is that even possible?
    You're right, those should be included too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And it's interruptible.
    This again?

Any single ability than can one-shot someone if it's not interrupted needs to be nerfed. It doesn't matter if it can be interrupted. One cc shouldn't be a death sentence.

Anyway, I've had a druid do 90% of my health bar because I interrupted a convoke after the first 0.5 seconds of cast and he happened to get a couple starsurge crits. Unavoidable.