Poll: What do you liked the most

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All of this could be solved by just having one raid difficulty.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

yes pls add it back so tryhards can overgear the content both pve and pvp and shine like christmas tree
    because some just have mentality of having items instead of getting better
    226 titanforge with gem for doing calling(emissary) would be perfect

this thread made me think of probably the best iteration for warforging.

1. under no circumstance should there be titanforging. that was god awful.
    2. keep warforging small. i'd say 5 or 6 ilvl.
    3. allow a piece of gear to become warforged naturally.
    4. use valor to upgraded pieces that didn't warforge.

this would still give that bonus feeling that blizz wanted but cut back on the whole "crap, this piece of gear is useless because it didn't forge" feeling. i don't remember the thunderforge/warforge system too well from mop but if memory serves, the item upgrade and warforge chance back then were separate upgrades.

how many threads about warforge/titanforge do we need?

can't you post your opinion about it in already existing threads?? do you think creating a new one put more weight in your opinion or make your opinion more visible?

it's gone! get over it ffs....

Warforging was fine. It gave incentive to farm content, made 25 mans more rewarding, and helped get guilds through hard bosses.

Titanforging only sucked if you didn't get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I was the only guy in my raidteam during Legion that really liked Warforging/Titanforging. If you're stuck farming a tier for mythic mounts/boosting until the next tier comes out, it's nice having the ability to maybe get something special.

It never bothered me seeing other people get lucky either, & the whole "LfR dOeSnT dEsErVe a MYTHIC iLvL cHaNcE!!!2!2121!" thing was nonsense, as it never affected anyone negatively. Yes there was that one guy who got a 925 Draught of Souls for LFR, so what? He probably never got an item anywhere near that again, as such luck was super few & far between.

I came back to raiding last tier, & after getting BiS from Nyalotha M, farming the same old raid over and over again with nothing but gold to be gained from boosting and/or mounts for guildies/friends? Kinda boring if you ask me.
    If only. More like 965 tier cape from LFR, like I saw a person running around with. LFR normal loot being 915, and mythic 960. 50 itemlevel titanforges on tier items or OP trinkets is beyond ridiculous, no matter which way one looks at it. Why not next expansion level loot while at it then, it'd be about as balanced system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    If only. More like 965 tier cape from LFR, like I saw a person running around with. LFR normal loot being 915, and mythic 960. 50 itemlevel titanforges on tier items or OP trinkets is beyond ridiculous, no matter which way one looks at it. Why not next expansion level loot while at it then, it'd be about as balanced system.
    925 was the iLvl cap during Nighthold, & 15 iLvls higher than what Mythic Gul'dan dropped. One guy won the giga lottery & looted one from LFR Gul'dan. It was such a rare thing that being bothered by it just made absolutely no sense to me.

What both systems are missing is player control.

Those good luck moments with a piece of loot dropping with more ilvl and a gem slot were pretty cool. But having some great good luck moments does not compensate how the rest of the time the player might feel about loot (or lack of it). Does that mean that we should always get loot? hell no!, RNG has it's place and is a fun mechanic, as long as it's not the only mechanic. And that's exactly the problem WF/TF had and that we have right now: RNG is the only mechanic.

Now add a currency system, just as the one PvP has, even without a vendor, and suddenly doing stuff feels rewarding because even if the loot is scarce, you are still going to get something that will eventually become an upgrade of your choosing.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Hard disagree.

Loot randomly being stronger because of luck despite being the same content is stupid to me.

And requiring a valor grind just to make every single drop 2/2 instead of 0/2 just shifts the baseline and expected power of drops. It adds nothing but a grind to get back to the acceptable level of the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    All of this could be solved by just having one raid difficulty.
    This is true in the same way that you can get rid of all hangnail problems permanently by simply amputating your hands and feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This is true in the same way that you can get rid of all hangnail problems permanently by simply amputating your hands and feet.
    Obviously a very valid comparison. I stand corrected.
    -ynnady

Obviously a very valid comparison. I stand corrected.
    The skill gap is so massively wide that single difficulty raids isn’t something a lot of people want in modern WoW.

What would it look like? Normal? Heroic? Mythic?

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    The skill gap is so massively wide that single difficulty raids isn’t something a lot of people want in modern WoW.

What would it look like? Normal? Heroic? Mythic?
    I'd structure it so that the bosses range from normal to heroic difficulty within a tier and then theres a boss or two, maybe an uldaur style hard mode on a fight or two, that are mythic level.
    -ynnady

I'd structure it so that the bosses range from normal to heroic difficulty within a tier and then theres a boss or two, maybe an uldaur style hard mode on a fight or two, that are mythic level.
    A perfect way to piss off EVERYONE.

Mythic raiders don't want to do normal/heroic difficulty bosses. Casual raiders don't want to do mythic difficulty bosses.

Instead of giving each what they want, you are now forcing people to do what they DON'T want.

This is a perfect example of the "cure" being worse than the disease.

So basically gut a massive amount of enjoyable boss content from many guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    A perfect way to piss off EVERYONE.

Mythic raiders don't want to do normal/heroic difficulty bosses. Casual raiders don't want to do mythic difficulty bosses.

Instead of giving each what they want, you are now forcing people to do what they DON'T want.

This is a perfect example of the "cure" being worse than the disease.
    The casual raiders don't need to do the mythic fights if they don't want to, but they will be significantly more equipped to than they would before because they wouldn't need to climb to a certain ilvl to even attempt it like they currently do.

I don't buy the argument that mythic raiders, a teeny tiny portion of the population, should have the entire feature of raiding designed around them first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    So basically gut a massive amount of enjoyable boss content from many guilds?
    Yeah, I don't see a good reason for raiding as a whole to be designed for the 17 people that do mythic raids.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Because you use logical fallacy called slippery slope.

As long as the items are capped to slightly below the next difficulty like it was in Throne of Thunder. When I finish clearing heroic, I dont want there to be 0 upgrades available in mythic since j already got full titanforged from heroic or mythic+. Finally killing a mythic boss in Battle Dazaralor after 2-3 weeks of progression but everyone already had a better titanforged version of that slot was probably the dumbest feeling I ever had in a video game.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-26 at 07:54 PM.

Honestly, I don't think WF or TF were ever a problem. Base-level loot was perfectly appropriate for clearing the content and WF/TF were a bonus on top of that. Absolutely no one needed to farm for WF or TF gear. TF gear was a self-imposed carrot on a proverbial stick. The best part of WF/TF loot was that players had a higher chance of getting base-level drops, so there were no complaints about a lack of loot drops, like we have today.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Yeah, I don't see a good reason for raiding as a whole to be designed for the 17 people that do mythic raids.
    Me neither.

Luckily, this also isn't true. So I guess we're in the clear.