Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Oh, if the point was not having players get loot, I can agree that this new system is 100% working as intended.
    the point was for you to not be showered in loot and for it to mean somethign when you do get it. Thats exactly the precise point. Devs literally stated that miles before the expansion released.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    so wtf is the point of lfr its really dumb
    I agree 197 covenant gear makes everything below normal raids feel very silly.
    They were probably a bit to fast with giving you that high ilvl for 'free'. If it unlocked 1-2 months from now it would probably less silly since it would then act as more of a catch up system.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I agree 197 covenant gear makes everything below normal raids feel very silly.
    They were probably a bit to fast with giving you that high ilvl for 'free'. If it unlocked 1-2 months from now it would probably less silly since it would then act as more of a catch up system.
    Umm the expansion is on what? Week 14? Didnt covenant upgrade to 197 just become available like last week? Most people were 200+ ilvl long before the 197 covenant gear was available. It is a catch up system already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    the point was for you to not be showered in loot and for it to mean somethign when you do get it. Thats exactly the precise point. Devs literally stated that miles before the expansion released.
    but it doesn't thats the problem. This isn't classic and trying to recapture that mentality is pointless, the game has so many avenues to get gear that are all transparent but are blocked by arbitrary constraints. Their was more or less one way to get upgrades in classic.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    No matter how people try to defend this 'new' loot system, it is a bag of shit. Plain straight out. Letting RNG choose when and if you get gear is just fucking stupid. Not sure why Blizzard could not put a system in place like PvP to CHOOSE what you want and to upgrade it.

We are 2 months into this game and I still can't get a weapon above iLvL 200. And yes I been hitting the mythic +'s like everyone has and still no weapon, and as of right now for this toon the great vault has been shit for me. at least when it comes to getting a weapon. So if Blizz does present a system to get other gear besides PvP, don't expect me to shed one tear over a shit system like this one.
    Welcome to WoW, always glad to see new players join.

ps.
    loot has always worked like this, since the earliest days of Vanilla. So if you can't play like this WoW isn't, and has never, been for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm the expansion is on what? Week 14? Didnt covenant upgrade to 197 just become available like last week? Most people were 200+ ilvl long before the 197 covenant gear was available. It is a catch up system already.
    "most people" is doing a lot of work here.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Ehm, its week 10?

Imo, to early to already give catchup gear that invalidates LFR, early M+ and almost normal mode raid gear.

I haven't gotten a single loot drop from world bosses since release. I haven't gotten a single loot drop from weekly Jailor-thing in the maw.
    I sure wish I had some bonus rolls right about now.

Ehm, its week 10?

Imo, to early to already give catchup gear that invalidates LFR, early M+ and almost normal mode raid gear.
    WTF. who gives a damn about LFR and early mythic +'s. Apparently only you. NO ONE, it seems, wants to be stuck in lower iLvL's but you. And for the record, with your condescending ass, in response to my other reply above I been playing wow for 17 years. And guess what, the loot system is still shit. Have a good day.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    30 runs and 1 drop?

If none were timed u had 0.9% chance of that happening.
    If half were timed u had a 0.02% chance.
    If all were timed, u had a 0.000442% chance.

I think you're exaggerating the amount of runs or lying abt the loot you got.

Link your raiderio so we can see the runs

- - - Updated - - -

So you were 1600 rating? Thats abt 4-5 conquest pieces atm of 213 ilvl. Thats why you only got 2 upgrades from heroic cn. At 1800 now those are all 220 ilvl. GV and mythic raids will be your main upgrade source.

You're 216 ilvl? You're like top 5% of the playerbase. Not sure what your complaint is.
    Do you think you shld be 226-230 by now?
    im 214 also now and no i dont think i should be 226+ by now but i do think i should be 216-218 by now i have a 203 chest, 207 neck shoulders and ring, by now i should have 2/3 of those at 213 which would put me at 216

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im 214 also now and no i dont think i should be 226+ by now but i do think i should be 216-218 by now i have a 203 chest, 207 neck shoulders and ring, by now i should have 2/3 of those at 213 which would put me at 216
    Are you full clearing mythic CN right now? Mythic has been out for 6 weeks. You're expecting to be halfway between heroic and mythic geared already.

Did you get your conquest gear?
    Last edited by ellieg; 2021-01-29 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenaut View Post
    I haven't gotten a single loot drop from world bosses since release. I haven't gotten a single loot drop from weekly Jailor-thing in the maw.
    I sure wish I had some bonus rolls right about now.
    Blizzard should stop giving players this type of ways to earn gear. Its effortless welfare content and for some reason players feels like they deserve gear from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehm, its week 10?

Yea. Convenant set is ridicoulosly high. WQ and mission table drops 184 that is m0 level. LFR make no sense to exist imo unless as transmog lol. I was over 200 before convenant set was ready to upgrade to 197, WQ and mission table. That system is alt friendly but devalues most content.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-01-29 at 03:40 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For litterally entire expansions pretty much until Legion. The loot system was that you raided and either you got lucky and got a piece or you didnt. the only difference with shadowlands vrs how it worked until "world of wardiablo" started is that people have been spoiled with loot showers. this isn't diablo. We don't need RNG loot. We don't need showers of loot. the system works fine. If you want the best gear do the hardest content. If you want the best chance do it every week. When the next tier comes out people in mythic gear will be able to do mythic. heroic can do heroic and normal can do normal it will be tuned so that if you have the previous tear you can progress on the next tier.

If we go back to how it was the last 2 xpacs then each tier of raiding needs to have either super inflated difficulty or super inflated gear. neither are good solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    but it doesn't thats the problem. This isn't classic and trying to recapture that mentality is pointless, the game has so many avenues to get gear that are all transparent but are blocked by arbitrary constraints. Their was more or less one way to get upgrades in classic.
    Yes it does. And btw current loot system have far from classic. Classic = 2 items per boss for 40 players so if you think current game isnt rewarding than i say that problem in players entilted heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    No matter how people try to defend this 'new' loot system, it is a bag of shit. Plain straight out. Letting RNG choose when and if you get gear is just fucking stupid. Not sure why Blizzard could not put a system in place like PvP to CHOOSE what you want and to upgrade it.

We are 2 months into this game and I still can't get a weapon above iLvL 200. And yes I been hitting the mythic +'s like everyone has and still no weapon, and as of right now for this toon the great vault has been shit for me. at least when it comes to getting a weapon. So if Blizz does present a system to get other gear besides PvP, don't expect me to shed one tear over a shit system like this one.
    Sounds like your super butt hurt that you got unlucky, I guarantee your not trying hard enough or not patient enough not too mention you can do a vast majority of the content with a 200 wep,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes it does. And btw current loot system have far from classic. Classic = 2 items per boss for 40 players so if you think current game isnt rewarding than i say that problem in players entilted heads.
    This really only buttresses the argument that attempts to recapture the feeling of "loot mattering" are ill conceived and half asked at best. It goes beyond not getting loot, its about not getting loot you need or getting loot you're gonna shard
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchcrab View Post
    Sounds like your super butt hurt that you got unlucky, I guarantee your not trying hard enough or not patient enough not too mention you can do a vast majority of the content with a 200 wep,
    LoL. You damn right I am butt hurt....super duper butt hurt. And not to be rude; but I have been trying damn hard. So hard that I am literally burning myself out on the game and doing mythic +'s. I highest mythic plus has been a 14. And I literally want to take a break already. That sir/ma'am should not be the case this damn early in the game. And I love wow. So yes their is a problem with the loot system, when you are busting your ass that hard and are feeling the burn out this early already.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    They always do, because its not happening to them they assume everything is just fine while the majority of players just quietly unsub and walk away not saying a word.

Ill let you figure out which I am.
    Saving this post for the next quarterly report.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusv1984 View Post
    I have gotten 3 upgrades from my vault on 3 characters, in the past 7 weeks.....
    Wait what, you get upgrades?
    I've gotten more duplicates that I can count and gotten exactly 1 item in 7 weeks. A weapon, after which the spheres drops every week, so yeh...