Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Why doesn't reflect magic last for 5 second regardless of reflects?

I'm at 36k hp and fully pvp geared, with 28% versatility. I still get nuked down in a matter of seconds.
    I NEED these 5 seconds of not being nuked by convoke druids and fire mages.
    How could Blizzard miss this in the testing phase?

Joking, right? Warrior is one of the tankiest damage classes in arena.

This sounds like an l2p problem tbh. Warriors are doing just fine even in high-level PvP.

Spell Reflect would be ABSURD if it was just 5 seconds of basically being immune to spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This sounds like an l2p problem tbh. Warriors are doing just fine even in high-level PvP.

Spell Reflect would be ABSURD if it was just 5 seconds of basically being immune to spells.
    Too fine, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

paladins get 8 seconds,thats not the issue,the issue would be its short cd

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people have possibly misinterpreted the OP.

I interpret his post as asking why the 20% magical damage reduction component of spell reflect does not last for the 5 second duration. The way it works presently is the ability gives a 20% magical damage reduction and reflects one spell, as soon as a spell has been reflected (or deflected in the case of spells that cannot be reflected) the DR component ends as well. I don't see the 20% magic DR for 5 full seconds being particularly unreasonable personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch0s View Post
    I think people have possibly misinterpreted the OP.

I interpret his post as asking why the 20% magical damage reduction component of spell reflect does not last for the 5 second duration. The way it works presently is the ability gives a 20% magical damage reduction and reflects one spell, as soon as a spell has been reflected (or deflected in the case of spells that cannot be reflected) the DR component ends as well. I don't see the 20% magic DR for 5 full seconds being particularly unreasonable personally.
    I don't know about the balance, but as far as I understand, the 20% is meant to compensate that there is sometimes nothing that can be reflected. So it make sense to remove it when the reflect have happened.

Buffing the current FOTM spec doesn't sound smart.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Spell reflect should reflect all spells for the whole duraion for Prot Warriors like it used to in Legion...

It would also make the legendary that got nerfed into oblivion to be a bit better

Time your Spell Reflect during Convoke to reduce the most damaging parts of it..?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Time your Spell Reflect during Convoke to reduce the most damaging parts of it..?
    Which one of the 16 random spells that you eat?
    I got crit for 30k by one of those spells. Granted I was carrying a flag and that's 30% damage taken increase, but at 28% versatility, 20k crit from one of the 16 spells is too much. Yes you can interrupt it but when the druid pops out of nowhere and pops Convoke you have to be a robot to react that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I got crit for 30k by one of those spells. Granted I was carrying a flag and that's 30% damage taken increase, but at 28% versatility, 20k crit from one of the 16 spells is too much. Yes you can interrupt it but when the druid pops out of nowhere and pops Convoke you have to be a robot to react that fast.
    No you don't have to be a robot, warriors have really good gap closers for interrupting it too and spellreflect for 5 seconds would be like if paladins spellwarding would reflect spells.
    Give it like 3min CD and we can talk about it.
    Also - warriors are FotM in PvP.

Spell reflect should require a shield be equipped for the duration
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Starsurge or Full Moon (before removed from pvp Convoke?) were the hardest parts of the spell for Balance. And of course for Feral you can auto-parry the worst of it of you can't get interrupts off. You can look for visual clues and see if it helps. It's not perfect, but it can help a bit right now at least!
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-01-29 at 04:39 PM.

It's because it's a PvE ability.

I know, controversial to say, but really it is.

Pop IP and Spell Reflect before channeling the pedestal on Sun King and you can channel the entire thing and take literally no damage until stack 4.

Pop it on Hungering Devourer and soak your own orb, use it with IP again to take zero damage.

Pretty much anything magical it'll reduce by 20%, combine it with Ignore Pain and you're looking at roughly 80% damage reduction.

Sure it seems great for PvP, but really it's for PvE damage mitigation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    No you don't have to be a robot, warriors have really good gap closers for interrupting it too and spellreflect for 5 seconds would be like if paladins spellwarding would reflect spells.
    Give it like 3min CD and we can talk about it.
    Also - warriors are FotM in PvP.
    Says someone who plays a prot paladin and doesn't have a warrior.

Says someone who plays a prot paladin and doesn't have a warrior.
    Just trolling then, yeah? Post really just can't be serious. It's been repeated in here enough, really and it's not a lie: We're FOTM rn for PvP. We have a good kit. You see the druid, play near a pillar, force him in if you can't react fast. Pop something, or l2p and respect the cooldown instead of tunneling and sitting out in the open? Literally nothing else to it. Learn. To. Fucking. Play. If some 1.8k pleb needs to tell you that, I don't know what else to say man.

Reflect isn't supposed to save you from combustion or convoke or anything like that. Its supposed to help you stop the cc on yourself or your healer before that setup happens and kills you. You're supposed to line, kick or stun etc. If you're just standing there pressing the wrong button expecting to not die nobody can really help
    Last edited by Erolian; 2021-01-31 at 02:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    paladins get 8 seconds,thats not the issue,the issue would be its short cd
    And that 8 seconds is their only meaningful defensive CD. If warriors were given a spell immunity, they would have to have other forms of damage mitigation removed.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    And that 8 seconds is their only meaningful defensive CD. If warriors were given a spell immunity, they would have to have other forms of damage mitigation removed.
    being able to outheal healers is also pretty meaningful defensive