Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    You don't need shamans, you need leatherworkers. amirite?
    I hope to god they nerf the drums by adding a sated debuff or something similar, I really don't want them to be a thing... Same thoughts on the Hunter Steady Shot macro.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I hope to god they nerf the drums by adding a sated debuff or something similar, I really don't want them to be a thing... Same thoughts on the Hunter Steady Shot macro.
    Drums arent heroism, stop talking out your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Drums arent heroism, stop talking out your ass.
    So you'd prefer that everyone takes up LW or is looked down on and faces a worse gaming experience due to the elitist and meta attitude that heavily influences the game nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    So you'd prefer that everyone takes up LW or is looked down on and faces a worse gaming experience due to the elitist and meta attitude that heavily influences the game nowadays?
    Stop being a meta slave, Drums arent nearly as strong as you idiots keep talking about.

Drums won't be anything like world buffs.

World buffs are an 80% or more throughput increase for a lot of classes.

Drums are 5% tops.

Getting on track a little bit, what was the number of healers people ran on Eredar twins back in the day, and how many will they use now?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Getting on track a little bit, what was the number of healers people ran on Eredar twins back in the day, and how many will they use now?
    Looks like Nihilum ran 10 healers on their world first kill.

Method ran 9.

Wait so if drums is 80 haste, was bloodfury/heroism 30% haste? Could you have both? And there was no debuff on the individual, right?
    Yes you could stack them, and no there was no debuff, just cool downs. If you want to get real nerdy on certain fights that have burst phases you can swap out your resto shaman in your healer group for your ele shaman in the caster group and have them cast bloodlust one after the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop being a meta slave, Drums arent nearly as strong as you idiots keep talking about.
    They are ridiculously strong compared to other professions, the thing about drums is A) LW is super easy to level B)they are SUPER cheap to make and honestly most other professions won’t give you anywhere near as much value (besides something like tailoring for early casters).

Even if drums do become meta, it’s seriously a much less pain in the ass as world buffs are, and not even remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    They are ridiculously strong compared to other professions
    Are they really?

Can you give me an example of how drums are REDICULOUSLY STRONG?

Are they really?

Can you give me an example of how drums are REDICULOUSLY STRONG?
    Um... sure? Drums give not only you but everyone in your party 80 haste for 30 seconds. This is about 5% actual spell haste /melee haste. You can basically keep these up for the entire fight so your whole party could realistically have 5% haste at all times. Compare this to enchanting. Enchanters get to have an extra 24 sp to their rings. Once they are at like 1k spellpower, that 24 extra to rings really isn’t doing much, but haste ALWAYS scales no matter what because obviously it’s a flat % of how much faster you’re attacking, so it’s BiS on all tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that people are all ready trying to theorycraft the entirety of TBC is why I won't participate in it. It is also why I stopped playing classic.

You really can't turn back the clock. Classic proved it, and TBC will be the tombstone on the plot.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Enh don't take it too serious. If I wasn't stuck in my apartment for the last ten days with a raging case of COVID I probably wouldn't even have made the post.

Actually I'm kind of expecting BC to play more like the original than classic did. Class balance was so broken in vanilla it was impossible to fix it and have nostalgia.

In BC there's definitely some over and under-performing classes, but due to the way buffs work, pretty much the most skewed class would be shamans at 6 or 7 in a 25-man raid, and only the most tryhard guilds will probably have that many.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I mean in TBC is pretty easy.

1 of each class that gives a "buff" of some sort. Paladins you might need 2-3 just to fit them all in. Just find a group calculator and check them off.

Then stack as many shaman, warlocks, rogues as possible after that.

When it comes to tanks warriors a great. But you will want to have someone with the know how to handle paladin for a few fights. A druid that can handle bear in a few situations. But over all they will be healing almost all the time. This isn't an absolute, but if you are talking mega meta..

Of course this also considers that the game will be meta'ed that hard. Classic really wasn't. Most guilds worried more about having 40-45 people on a roster. Yeah we know the world's best along with the top guild or two on the server had this luxury at times but almost no one else will and it won't matter much. Almost all the content will be fairly easy unless they release broken versions of the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean in TBC is pretty easy.

1 of each class that gives a "buff" of some sort. Paladins you might need 2-3 just to fit them all in. Just find a group calculator and check them off.

Then stack as many shaman, warlocks, rogues as possible after that.

When it comes to tanks warriors a great. But you will want to have someone with the know how to handle paladin for a few fights. A druid that can handle bear in a few situations. But over all they will be healing almost all the time. This isn't an absolute, but if you are talking mega meta..

Of course this also considers that the game will be meta'ed that hard. Classic really wasn't. Most guilds worried more about having 40-45 people on a roster. Yeah we know the world's best along with the top guild or two on the server had this luxury at times but almost no one else will and it won't matter much. Almost all the content will be fairly easy unless they release broken versions of the bosses.
    I don’t mean to sound like a wet blanket, but this isn’t how the meta works at all lol. What you’re describing is basically a vanilla-esq type meta with a tbc sprinkle of “hunter/locks op” into it. Especially about what you’re saying about druids.

Nobody is running the "optimal comp for each encounter" in TBC, so it's a pretty pointless discussion to have. TBC is easy, all classes perform well and you build your raid team around your raid buff and gearing strategy. I don't understand this sweaty approach where you'd need to be running multiple raids (effectively split raiding) to be able to gear any sort of "stacking" setup, you need certain buffs/debuffs in the raid to perform optimally anyway so you're always looking towards balance.

People acting like only Hunters and Warlocks do dps in TBC as if it's like a carry on from the Fury Warrior dominance in Vanilla, if that's how you think it is you're going to have a wakeup call when you actually play TBC, because it is nothing remotely like that at all.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Nobody is running the "optimal comp for each encounter" in TBC, so it's a pretty pointless discussion to have. TBC is easy, all classes perform well and you build your raid team around your raid buff and gearing strategy. I don't understand this sweaty approach where you'd need to be running multiple raids (effectively split raiding) to be able to gear any sort of "stacking" setup, you need certain buffs/debuffs in the raid to perform optimally anyway so you're always looking towards balance.

People acting like only Hunters and Warlocks do dps in TBC as if it's like a carry on from the Fury Warrior dominance in Vanilla, if that's how you think it is you're going to have a wakeup call when you actually play TBC, because it is nothing remotely like that at all.
    That’s what I honestly can’t wait to see lol. A ton of people rolling hunters and warlocks and either A. Not finding a raid spot because you know..you don’t stack classes in tbc like vanilla or B. They can’t seem to understand how an arcane mage is out dpsing them through all of t5 and think they were lied to.

I don’t mean to sound like a wet blanket, but this isn’t how the meta works at all lol. What you’re describing is basically a vanilla-esq type meta with a tbc sprinkle of “hunter/locks op” into it. Especially about what you’re saying about druids.
    The real joke is I can probably do it with anything and clear the content pretty quick.

So.. let the blanket be wet.. because.. it just doesnt matter.

The real joke is I can probably do it with anything and clear the content pretty quick.

So.. let the blanket be wet.. because.. it just doesnt matter.
    Uh sure I guess? Not sure what point you’re attempting to make when the topic was clearly “what’s the meta”. Just because you able to do it with whatever you want, doesn’t mean that’s the meta lol. This isn’t vanilla, you undoubtably struggle a lot more with a terrible comp, unlike vanilla. Not saying it’s the hardest thing in the world, but that’s just how it is.

Uh sure I guess? Not sure what point you’re attempting to make when the topic was clearly “what’s the meta”. Just because you able to do it with whatever you want, doesn’t mean that’s the meta lol. This isn’t vanilla, you undoubtably struggle a lot more with a terrible comp, unlike vanilla. Not saying it’s the hardest thing in the world, but that’s just how it is.
    Hmm.. reviewed your posting history a bit. Seems you are just a finger that likes to poke. Enjoy your day.

Hmm.. reviewed your posting history a bit. Seems you are just a finger that likes to poke. Enjoy your day.
    Does this somehow discredit what I’m saying? If you would like to comment on the actual argument I’m presenting toward you then we might actually be able to have a conversation.