Thread: Is WoW LOST?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say WoW is more like Supernatural (TV show). First they use the "mainstory" that they intented to tell (Warcraft 3 -> Wrath of the Lich King) so like seasons 1-5 in Supernatural. After that just keep going as far as they can and at the end attempt to wrap it all up.

Originally Supernatural was written for 5 seasons but it went on for 15 seasons in total because the demand was there.

Lost was a show with compelling characters and decent sub plots but it's ending suffered from mystery box writing were you introduce new mysteries to hype your viewers without knowing what it will be about.

Wow doesn't have an end or compelling characters or arcs or anything that would make it compare to lost. It just has mostly unrelated stories mostly trying to copy what is currently popular (mystery boxes, fans of thrones Intrige, super hero movies) and a whole bunch of copy pasted tropes. Comparing that to lost is kind of an insult.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I'm not trying to defend her here, as I fucking hate her with a burning passion. But, dude, her motivation is right there.
    Yea exactly, thing is the life and death circle cannot be broken and altered by force otherwise everything will go to shit. But she is stupid enough to not see that and at the end this “oh no” moment. God, I hate her.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Perhaps that Zovaal's "Reality's End" would be in everyones best interests...
    Including writers'... If they only could bother with some decent (not stellar, just decent) worldbuilding for 10.0 -

Yeah, take that back, there is no way a Blizzard game will ever have decent worldbuilding with hacks like Danuser at the helm, and the general lack of standards in the company (and several of its remaining fans).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I will hold out hope that SL is merely a gateway to an Azerothian time-skip and narrative change.

WoW isn't dying, the Dev's are just holding it underwater until the bubbles stop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, its just the players that are lost.
    Get a grip on yourselfe and start enjoying games.
    Its not your life, its a game.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

It's closer to a comic book uni(multi)verse like Marvel.

Heroes constantly flitting between mundane, street-level perils and then going to space, or through time, or across dimensions to join fights with personifications of abstract concepts. Sometimes you wield enough power to make gods shudder and then you have trouble going toe-to-toe with a simple bandit. Time is a place and also lots of different places and you can team up with variants of yourself or at least your friends. Giant cosmic beings messed around with your planet way back in time which is part of the reason you get awesome super powers. That sort of thing.

It also has a similar habit of cobbling together various concepts and trying to get them to fit, making important figures act out of character to manoeuvre them into certain situations and abandoning or adjusting previous lore to serve the next big thing.

It's like they gave every writer on the team a scene to put into the game. Then when most of them had done so, someone realized that the over-arching story had been forgotten.

Lore in wow is just there to justify adding more new stuff to do - zones, raids and dungeons. If you're playing wow and obsessing over the quality of lore you're just doing it wrong. It's like playing Serious Sam and complaining about plot holes. Come on
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    I swear to god if this expansion turns out to be a fever dream, I will nope out of everything Blizzard so hard.
    Ironically this would be one of the better things Danuser has done as of late.