LastLast
    looks like 9.1 will be announced at BlizzConline along with 9.2

shocker!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    looks like 9.1 will be announced at BlizzConline along with 9.2

shocker!!
    My cynical view now is that there won't be any new WoW 9.1 stuff beside a "We are excited to show what is next" statement but doesn't have anything of value. So then what will they talk about for the Warcraft franchise? That is easy, their new mobile game that will have one of the new mounts as a reward for buying it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    My cynical view now is that there won't be any new WoW 9.1 stuff beside a "We are excited to show what is next" statement but doesn't have anything of value. So then what will they talk about for the Warcraft franchise? That is easy, their new mobile game that will have one of the new mounts as a reward for buying it.
    This is not cynical, this is nonsense. Of course they will talk about new shiny content and new shiny rewards without discussing problems/flaws of current patch.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Not even Blizzard is stupid enough to release a paid mobile game lmao.

The promo mount will be the Hearthsteed/Graves of that new game. Play 10 games or whatever, just to get people invested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    so in MoP them saying we are going to fight garrosh teased the content for the entire expansion before it even launched
    Teasing an entire expansion does not even make sense. That would be a spoiler. They were teasing in which direction it will go.

what do you think will be shown in the opening ceremony

7+ Year Old Account
    Every game: 9.1 for WoW, new expansion for HS, new hero for D4, something about OW2, maybe new hero for HotS.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Diablo has way too many panels. I bet 1 of them will be about recreating Diablo II, not IV. I know something called Immortal exists and Blizzard will make money from it, but they are not suicidal to show it on Blizzcon.

For WoW it's interesting they split between What's next and Deep dive, usually patch content had just 1 panel. And I doubt BC will be talked outside opening ceremony, there is even less to talk about here than Classic Vanilla.

What's next will 99% be Ion revealing 9.1 (maaybe with 9.1.5) with same style as 8.1/8.3 reveals. It has even similar length - 30 minutes. This second panel sounds more interesting, we rather don't expect drastic system changes in 9.1.

9.0.5 and 9.1 trailer
    deep dive into 9.1 and some new stuff including
    dungeon?? and raid
    new storylines
    more soulbind rows
    more soulbinds
    invasion/assaults for catch up
    possible raid currency for upgrading norm raid gear to heroic and heroic to mythic all unlocked based on how many kills of each difficulty you get

- - - Updated - - -

the fact they dont have to remake any systems this time around is a wonderful thing

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    So like... a Dark Souls-esque game in a Diablo seting? Sweet.
    While it sounds good on paper, i have my fair amount of doubts about actual capability of delivering a truly good Diablo experience. Core fanbase is still waiting for an actual successor of D2. I'm fine if they decide to make such a game as a spin-off, but not a direct sequel.

Hell, WoW started as some sort of spin-off from Warcraft and look at where we are now
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of WoW which is going to show 9.1, 9.2, and hints at 9.3, I'm looking forward to seeing more on Diablo 4, Overwatch 2, and the next Hearthstone expansion.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    What if they announce the next wow expansion? Not an usual expansion presentation, no features etc just a logo and a teaser maybe?
    There is a possibility since we won't get a proper blizzcon with a normal expansion announcement this year

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    What if they announce the next wow expansion? Not an usual expansion presentation, no features etc just a logo and a teaser maybe?
    There is a possibility since we won't get a proper blizzcon with a normal expansion announcement this year
    Not this thing again pls . If we wont get a proper Blizzard this year, they can announce it at any given on-line event. Like, you know, BlizzConline (and no, I don't mean the one 3 months after SL launch, they can simply do another one in November, or later).
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-12 at 02:31 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    I expect classic BC annoucements. No fucks given for anything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    BC servers, 9.1, OW2, D2 Remaster and D4, a new HS expansion.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    This years art:

Propably a bug but still hillarious:

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't believe that. Firstly you have to remember that you are looking back at it with the knowledge of what happened, in which case it wil always seem like a bad decision. Even more so when you know that the yar after had the Diablo IV trailer.

Just try to place yourself in the shoes of the people in charge. You have 2 distinct options.

A. Nothing Diablo related, at best you can show a title and tell people to wait longer while you give dedicated fans absolutely nothing to discuss. Even more so if oyu consider that there might be Diablo fans who solely play Diablo and buy the ticket to learn more, essentially getting nothing but a logo for the price of admission would be pretty shitty on Blizzards part.

B. Show Diablo Immortal despite it likely not getting massively positive reactions. You will have to stomach those who dislike microtransactions, but you will be able to squeeze out a solid amounmt of panels on everything about it from art, music or some gameplay, playable demos included.

essentially Blizzard had to choose between a guaranteed chance of at least some disappointment, including almost guaranteed complaints from the diehard Diablo community that had convinced itself Diablo IV would be announced (which in itself was a large part of the issue with the Immortal reveal).
    Or reveal Diablo Immortal. You do give Diablo fans something, even if it isnt necessarily what they want, and you have a small chance of it going over well, in which case good will for the Diablo devs would skyrocket when they announce Diablo IV the year after.

Blizzard was by all accounts stuck between a rock and a hard place. Neither option is particularly tempting when you know you have a giant expo hall filled with hardcore Diablo fans, and while with the benefit of hindsight we can say Blizzard made the wrong choice it is not really fair to assume Blizzard would have known at the time.
    Diablo immortal’s big issue is that it’s not meant for the pc gamers that love the franchise

It was like showing the newest ford off in front of die hard Chevy enthusiasts

It’s a game designed for China’s main market and the guys on stage didn’t do themselves any favors with “you all have phones don’t you” just take it on the chin and go man...they had a mobile diablo as an April fool’s joke before

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Diablo immortal’s big issue is that it’s not meant for the pc gamers that love the franchise

It was like showing the newest ford off in front of die hard Chevy enthusiasts

It’s a game designed for China’s main market and the guys on stage didn’t do themselves any favors with “you all have phones don’t you” just take it on the chin and go man...they had a mobile diablo as an April fool’s joke before

Ye, I don't see it being designed strictly for Asia. Plenty of western fans or no fans will play it, because not only China likes mobile gaming, especially since beta testing says it's simply a good game. Not to mention USA actually beats China in terms of mobile revenue.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-15 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Propably a bug but still hillarious:

naah bots
    definite bots