Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Every difficulty except mythic is a complete snorefest how is that fun lol?
    Fun = subjective. There genuinely are people who struggle with normal, and there is nothing bad with that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I'd say he's more relevant to the Twitch community than the WoW community. Twitch streamers seldom have much to offer when it comes to actual game communities. Indeed, I'd say many (most?) of the big Twitch streamers have a negative impact on the game communities, seeing as how they tend to drum up misplaced anger and hatred.

MMO-Champion is the most relevant WoW community. The vast majority of WoW players almost certainly have no idea who Preach is.

- - - Updated - - -

None of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. And, if it weren't them, it'd be community moderators from MMO-Champion or other community sites. Or gaming journalists.

Do you remember back in earlier expansions when streaming wasn't nearly as popular? We still had interviews and other content on Wowhead and other community sites. If streaming died today, we'd still have interviews and other content.

Preach, Asmon, MadSeason, Tali and Evi, Mr Clickbait and so on.. they have millions of views, they are not irrelevant in the community. Youtubers like Preach were commentators on WF race. They might be irrelevant for a guild or something, but not wow community as a whole.
    PvP youtubers actually forced changes.

Its a trend. There was a big hype around Shadowlands and many guilds were made. But with CN being pretty hard, They struggle to move throught and that is followed by disbanding guilds. It will be interesting what gonna happen, on my realm there is already too much players and its pretty hard to get into decent raiding guild. Especially if you want to raid and not be sitting on bench.

Raid encounters are fine so far. Many my guildmates complain about the loot, they don't like you only get 3 per boss

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    1) A single case does not make a trend. There may be one, but your evidence is weak, at best.

2) Dying guilds has been an issue in every online community, since online communities were a thing. Times change.
    k then
    3) New raid will be out when it's ready. Check bac.
    I read/heard that as Garrosh talking to Guldan in the WoD cinematic xD

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Preach, Asmon, MadSeason, Tali and Evi, Mr Clickbait and so on.. they have millions of views, they are not irrelevant in the community. Youtubers like Preach were commentators on WF race. They might be irrelevant for a guild or something, but not wow community as a whole.
    forced is a bit too rosy. Blizz ignores most as always. Saying we did it reddit when blizz finally does one of the 100 things isnt a good track record.
    The only people who really forced changes are addon developers. Modern quest design comes from addons released early tbc, raid design is based on dbm.

Sh!t raid is Sh!t, news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Never sure why one of the first posts on a thread about Preach had to be someone bashing him.

The guy is extremely relevant to the wow community. Obviously. What is wrong with you?
    Literally never ever heard of him. Can’t be that “extremely relevant” tbh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Literally never ever heard of him. Can’t be that “extremely relevant” tbh
    Can't be, because one person in this thread doesn't know him?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Can't be, because one person in this thread doesn't know him?
    Pretty sure there’s a lot more that never heard of him

Lower m+ items ilv, put some sets items to raid loot, make raid main endgame activity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Pretty sure there’s a lot more that never heard of him
    As for now you are the only one here. So here's that. I know it may appear cool to be that "who?" guy, but we get those every thread, and it gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    forced is a bit too rosy. Blizz ignores most as always. Saying we did it reddit when blizz finally does one of the 100 things isnt a good track record.
    The only people who really forced changes are addon developers. Modern quest design comes from addons released early tbc, raid design is based on dbm.
    They forced it, literally. I am not talking about some obvious changes to systems - blizz listens on it when it wants to, but communities can force some changes.
    Ignoring other points is not good either. Or is WF race, MDI stuff "irrelevant"? What about Nobbel87? The lore guy?

I found it extremely funny, that for all the complaining that Preach and players pushing similar content to him, they never quit or took longer breaks in BfA, while at the very beginning of an expansion that literally introduced everything they asked for they suddenly decided to quit.

This is the best proof for "you think you do but you don't". Blizzard catered to the vocal minority of elite players, and SL issues are the result of that.

Blizzard should revert the reduction of loot and bring titanforging back, now that we've seen what their little experiment of "loot is meaningful" caused.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    As a member of this community and the WoW community and co-leader of a guild I can say those guys are absolutely irrelevant for my mates and me. Most of those names I never even heard and I have, in my whole time playing WoW seen one video of one of them. And that what nearly enough to never go back to youtube at all.

The "let loot be loot" crowd, wanted to be "done gearing" and just do raiding for fun and not worry about chasing upgrades.

well, this is what we ended up with

you think you do, but you don't

Guilds die all the time. Start of a new expansion tier is a "popular" time to do so because you are just coming off a massive break (expansion gap), the game goes though major changes some will love and others will hate, and typically it's a smaller less interesting/introductory tier that's blander/less expansive than most. I personally don't find CN all that interesting but to each thier own. I doubt it's directly tied to why these guilds are dying but rather it's just another bump on the road of the inevitable cycle in which guilds rise and fall.

Some will quit the game. Most will just find a new guild. End of the day it's just another day in WoW. Preach will be fine. Sloot will be ok. All the high-end raids down to the LFR guilds that are dying will have its people find new homes or quit. Everything will work out as it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    As for now you are the only one here. So here's that. I know it may appear cool to be that "who?" guy, but we get those every thread, and it gets boring.
    I couldn’t care less about being that “who” guy or what you think of it. I simply don’t know him. Sorry if that offends you who seem to be a fan of his. Just learn to accept the fact that not everyone likes what you like.

They forced it, literally. I am not talking about some obvious changes to systems - blizz listens on it when it wants to, but communities can force some changes.
    Ignoring other points is not good either. Or is WF race, MDI stuff "irrelevant"? What about Nobbel87? The lore guy?
    Yes it actually is. Tournaments are irrelevant. 99.9% dont participate and 90%+ of the playerbase doesnt watch. Lore guy is some npc changed i couldn't even care to remember. Nothing of this affects your gameplay. In contrast you have every beta requests for obvious changes that get maybe fixed 2 months after release or never.

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    As a member of this community and the WoW community and co-leader of a guild I can say those guys are absolutely irrelevant for my mates and me. Most of those names I never even heard and I have, in my whole time playing WoW seen one video of one of them. And that what nearly enough to never go back to youtube at all.
    Do you think about what you type?
    "Never heard of it, must be irrelevant" is something my mom would say about Elon Musk I guess.