Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Talking Best way to keep yourself fit?

Hi, I believe everyone is fine. During lockdown, I sit in front of my computer for online games. Now I am a little bit fluffy. I want to lose my body weight. I don't want to join any gym. I already started morning exercise for my fitness. Which sport game should I have to join guys, kindly suggest me best game.

Do some hiking or jogging if you can. Some fluff disappears quickly. Also just dont eat crap food, but im sure you knew the answers already.

Replace all drinks with water, walk 30 minutes every day. No soda, fruit drinks or milk etc.

Repeat 30 days. Easiest way to lose a little weight and works for everyone, you can keep diet as is, don't eat more/less.

get into some stressful situation, you won't want to eat and lose 3kg in 1 day xD

Quote Originally Posted by chris012 View Post
    Hi, I believe everyone is fine. During lockdown, I sit in front of my computer for online games. Now I am a little bit fluffy. I want to lose my body weight. I don't want to join any gym. I already started morning exercise for my fitness. Which sport game should I have to join guys, kindly suggest me best game.
    put the fork down, and move you butt ?

you know what to do, and if not.... Calories, vs calories out.
    Last edited by Dotrunner; 2021-02-11 at 12:49 PM.

4x30 secs of Plank everyday works wonders, also a healthy diet and plenty of water

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    get into some stressful situation, you won't want to eat and lose 3kg in 1 day xD
    You can't lose 3kg i one day for not eating XD At most your body will expel some water if you've built up a lot, or if you've got constipation with 3kg worth of turds in your bowels. Regardless, you'll regain it within a day.

he's not asking how to lose weight, he's asking for which sport game you guys recommend. People really don't read.

I'm not into sport games what so ever, but tennis did a lot of good to my dad and keeps him in shape, since it involves a lot of running.

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    he's not asking how to lose weight, he's asking for which sport game you guys recommend. People really don't read.

I'm not into sport games what so ever, but tennis did a lot of good to my dad and keeps him in shape, since it involves a lot of running.
    he is not??

well he typed this in his post, right ? - I want to lose my body weight. -

The best way to keep fit is always to do the fitness activity you enjoy the most. If I tell you deadlifts or something are the best but you hate them, you'll quit after a month and you won't really have got all that fit. Find a sport or activity that burns calories and you love doing and you'll be much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotrunner View Post
    he is not??

well he typed this in his post, right ? - I want to lose my body weight. -
    "Which sport game should I have to join guys, kindly suggest me best game."

English is not my first language but it's quite clear I think. But one must read the whole post, that is

I just picked up that Ring Fit game for the Switch, it had a lot of decent reviews online from previously fluffy people. I haven't had a chance to try it yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchie View Post
    The best way to keep fit is always to do the fitness activity you enjoy the most. If I tell you deadlifts or something are the best but you hate them, you'll quit after a month and you won't really have got all that fit. Find a sport or activity that burns calories and you love doing and you'll be much better off.
    This guy gets it. He's also right that deadlifts are the best.

In terms of sports, it's pretty difficult at the moment, at least where I am, team sports are all cancelled. I'd suggest running, if you can get a tracker (most smartphones have the functionality if you don't want to spend the money) + Strava you can do little competitions with yourself, or your friends. It's a good way to burn a few extra calories.

Just my opinion though, I long for the day when gyms reopen and I can play rugby again

Just jog every day...hit the limit..and try to exceed that...and keep going, always pushing.

find activity you enjoy and do that. why specifically what you enjoy? because you are more likely to want to keep doing it. make exercise a reward, NOT a punishment.

what Stretchie said, basically.

try different PHYSICALY ACTIVE things, see what you have fun doing, what you feel good doing. and then keep doing that. in other words, there IS NO universal best.

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    "Which sport game should I have to join guys, kindly suggest me best game."

English is not my first language but it's quite clear I think. But one must read the whole post, that is

Well by that logic.... he is actually asking 2 question in same post. You are not wrong, and neither am I.... he want to lose weight, and he also ask for what sport.

I try to do exercises 4-5 times a week for half an hour. I started doing this recently, 2 weeks ago. I am more interested not in losing weight, but in improving my health. At work, I sit at the computer. Because of this, my back always hurts. So I want to strengthen the muscles of the whole body. If I exercise regularly, I feel more energetic, active and enduring. I hope that I will not stop doing exercises, because sometimes I am very lazy, especially after a hard day's work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cycling is a great way. I've been cycling for years, doing around 120-150 miles a week, and it keeps me slender and sane. It's not just a great way to keep in shape, it also helps with mental focus and fitness. Getting to zone out and mellow and just let stress, worries, and issues melt away for a few hours is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Cycling is a great way. I've been cycling for years, doing around 120-150 miles a week, and it keeps me slender and sane. It's not just a great way to keep in shape, it also helps with mental focus and fitness. Getting to zone out and mellow and just let stress, worries, and issues melt away for a few hours is awesome.
    Started recently as I can't play sport at the moment.
    Going well. Doing about 40 miles a week. My legs feel like trunks right now.

Team sports are best at helping you get back in shape quickly. But the lockdown does not make it possible to use this. Maybe yoga?