Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why no duplicate protection on vault?

3rd week in a row all items im getting are items i already got, how did this thing get past beta testing

and yeah dude where is my rng protection for my lottery tickets??????????

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea. I had like 4 weeks in a row on 1st pickup slot mythic tier same boots >< On my alt got rolled 3 times same trinket with just improved ilvl. Yeah that can be frustrating. Imo there should be protecion on ur highest actual ilvl item. No upgrade on that slot and probably few more ideas like mark slots u wanna roll ? But imo a way better with pick 1 of a few than obtain just one randomly. Maybe more choices would be better like 5 slots on tier? Dunno. Rng hurts.

Exact same item or same slot? Cause if it was jist protection on slot, ppl would cry that they have bad secondaries on that slow and are now screwed from getting better secondaries

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because then you would gear up quicker and stop playing sooner.

Do more content, get more choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    3rd week in a row all items im getting are items i already got, how did this thing get past beta testing
    Why would you expect this be a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Item level?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I can top this. Sometimes I kill a boss with my raid and then, get this, It drops me the same item it dropped a week before! Huge shocker, I know. And this has existed in the game since it's inception, how is this not fixed by now? Blizzard is truely lazy. How dare they not to offer me only the BiS items I simmed with an external tool?

And now the great vault functions the same way those bugged out bosses do, like wtf Blizzard? At least give me a month of gametime as compensation for putting up with your shit.

Seriously, the vault should only make sure not to offer you two absolutely identical items at a time. If you only got one choice and you get the same item you already got, then you're out of luck and should have done more content to get more options.

I agree with OP.
    There is no loot (above 210) in M+ because as repeatable content (m+) shouldn't provide better gear than locked content (Raid); that means zero loot at all.
    The promise is "you'll get 226 loot once a week in you Great Vault".

The end result is that 2 weeks in a row my 3x226 items were duplicates/downgrades beside still having 7 slots with 210 ilvelel.
    This doesn't fill me with joyce. Completing a m+ should provide me with a currency to reroll the great vault if it's the only way to gear myself as a dungeon player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I can top this. Sometimes I kill a boss with my raid and then, get this, It drops me the same item it dropped a week before! Huge shocker, I know. And this has existed in the game since it's inception, how is this not fixed by now?
    And you can trade it. And you can hope to loot another boss. And you'll have your great vault at the end of the week.

Great Vault is supposed to be the garanted personnal loot once a week. It deserves duplicates protection.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Because then you would gear up quicker and stop playing sooner.
    This is the truth. Every other explanation is just pseudo-game-design-Stockholm-syndrome-talk

Cause Blizzard is dumb....period. Last week I got all in my heroic raid row 3 cloth slippers. 2 were the same thing and the other was another pair different stats. Like really. So yeah not only is Blizzard shitty in class balance, they are shitty in balancing the great vault as well. Not sure why I would expect anything better of them.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2021-02-03 at 03:17 PM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    And you can trade it. And you can hope to loot another boss. And you'll have your great vault at the end of the week.

Great Vault is supposed to be the garanted personnal loot once a week. It deserves duplicates protection.
    There never was and never will be guaranteed personal loot [that's also always an upgrade for you]. Because the vault qualifies for guaranteed personal loot, it's just not always an upgrade. Badges were not always an upgrade, they became useless relatively fast once you cleared (at that time) normal raid difficulty. Weekly chest loot was even more volatile than the vault. The vault is not supposed to be guaranteed to be an upgrade. It is highly likely to be and you have the opportunity to increase your chances for something useful by playing more. But if you run just one +14 per week then the probability of an upgrade reduces each week. Which is how the system is intended to work.

Stop comparing X.0 systems to X.3 systems. They are fundamentally different designs within one expansion. If you want to have an easy, good time then only play X.3 patches. All bugs are gone and you will get most things handed to you. I did that for Legion and BfA, because their X.0 patch was a hundred times worse than 9.0. And if I would be annoyed by how less loot there is now, I would quit until 9.3 as well. But since I play WoW for fun and not for gear, I'm not bothered by it, because everything else is as perfect as a X.0 patch ever was.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-02-03 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Stop comparing X.0 systems to X.3 systems.
    You are the only one doing that by comparing 9.0 GV to Weekly Chest in a patch were mythic loot (at the end of the donjon) was a viable gear path. Or saying that there never was or never be.
    Shadowland screwed over Mythic + players. Saying you have to do Raid or PvP to get loot because your content get 0 upgrade above 210. GV being the sole provider of upgrade must have a bad luck protection.
    GV works on the promise of choice. If every choice is bad week after week, something is wrong.

But since I play WoW for fun and not for gear
    Thanks for the holier than thou retort but after doing between 10 and 20 14+ each week, one could expect to be rewarded by a loot. It's called "just because you aren't bothered by it doesn't mean others aren't affected"
    Last edited by Atharaxie; 2021-02-03 at 05:44 PM.

...This doesn't fill me with joyce...
    Leave Joyce out of it please...

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If only there was a better system where you could target the dungeon you wanted items from and you could have as many shots as you wanted at potentially getting an upgrade. The chance might have been low, but it was there. Say it with me... titanforging.

M+ is so unexciting right now because you're effectively just waiting to likely be disappointed on reset day.

You are the only one doing that by comparing 9.0 GV to Weekly Chest in a patch were mythic loot (at the end of the donjon) was a viable gear path. Or saying that there never was or never be.
    Shadowland screwed over Mythic + players. Saying you have to do Raid or PvP to get loot because your content get 0 upgrade above 210. GV being the sole provider of upgrade must have a bad luck protection.
    GV works on the promise of choice. If every choice is bad week after week, something is wrong.
    If you're doing 10-20 14+ each week you clearly have gotten enough gear. Else you wouldn't be able to complete them now, would you? Also no, there's nothing wrong with that. Good loot is on a weekly lockout. And it never was different.

Thanks for the holier than thou retort but after doing between 10 and 20 14+ each week, one could expect to be rewarded by a loot. It's called "just because you aren't bothered by it doesn't mean others aren't affected"
    I'm not holier than you. I just advise people to vote with their wallets. You don't have to play the game. There will be a time where loot is plenty and that time is 9.3. So take a break and play then. X.0 patches were often relatively shitty compared to the later ones, it's sad, yes, but that's the way it is. 9.0 has only one flaw, and that flaw will be fixed later on, because at the beginning of an expansion it's common not to have enough gear. There is just nothing else to complain about right now, so this topic is blown out of proportion. If you play WoW just for the loot, then just wait. Time will fix this problem for sure.

The only duplicate protection there is is you can have in the vault duplicate items.

You can however have every week the same items from the previous weeks.

How many slots did you unlock and from what content? Because with M+, this is actually pretty damn unlikely at this point in the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds so silly.

Yes, I got the same item 3 weeks in a row now. It’s unfortunate but that’s what happens when you don’t do anything but one set of content a week.

RNG is RNG, and it’s fine how it is. It’s not a bug, it’s not something to be fixed. Every boss kill, every dungeon run is a random chance to get something, and that something can be a repeat.