Question Is honor gear (158) worth upgrading with honor?

Recently started PVP and i noticed both Honor and Conquest pvp items are upgraded with Honor (and their upgrade costs are identical i think).

Is there any sense in spending a ton of honor upgrading Honor gear from 158 to 190+?

Or should i just save Honor to spend it on upgrading Conquest gear that i hope will soon obtain?

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Recently started PVP and i noticed both Honor and Conquest pvp items are upgraded with Honor (and their upgrade costs are identical i think).

Is there any sense in spending a ton of honor upgrading Honor gear from 158 to 190+?

Or should i just save Honor to spend it on upgrading Conquest gear that i hope will soon obtain?

Thanks for your help.
    You need to have pvp rank of 1400 in order to upgrade conquest gear. So yes, spend honor on honor gear first

No, the only thing you should be upgrading is the pvp trinket. You're better off upgrading the covenant set to 197 with anima, and getting 194 gear from wqs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    No, the only thing you should be upgrading is the pvp trinket. You're better off upgrading the covenant set to 197 with anima, and getting 194 gear from wqs.
    This is the best use of your time, unless you play the game strictly to do battlegrounds and arena.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

Thanks for your help.
    gets to 197, so if you like to pvp or even dont "dislike" pvp and you dont wanna do other stuff to get 197 gear yeah sure.

also hell while your farming honor you will alos get conquest, which you can use to buy 200 ilvl gear

so go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Okay, thank you all.

its easier to get honor than anima?

Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    its easier to get honor than anima?
    I did not touch pvp BUT i can tell you by the time i finish the 9/9 campaign i had enough anima to upgrade all the items to 197 (except the lego slot), took me on full day of playing and i still have the quest from sire for next week

at this point, it is better to just get ilvl197 from your covenant gear upgrades and then save your honor for upgrading conquest gears. my suggestion will be:
    1) get ilvl197 covenant
    2) get 2 trinkets ilvl158 for pvp
    3) get your conduits and renown up

que yolo pug RBG, if you cant get accepted, make one. just title it as:
    'YOLO PUG Chill honor/conquest farm'

Eventually you will fill up, and just keep playing. you will get steamed rolled, but you will also get wins, because there are a lot of people just like you, who are started late in the season, and also wants to gear up. and eventually you will meet such teams, and its based on game play knowledge and experience to win the BG. aim for 10 RBG wins and you should be good for ilvl207 gears.

The fastest way to gear up is:

1. hit level 60.
    2. gobble up 168 gear from AH: head, shoulders, feet, chest, wrist, legs, hands, cloak, neck. they are around 1000 gold each.
    3. spend 1750 honor on the blue pvp weapon from blue pvp vendor in oribos.
    4. spend 525 honor to buy sinful aspirant's sigil of adaptation in oribos.
    5. spend 525 honor x2 on to buy blue pvp rings from the pvp vendor in oribos.
    5. buy ilvl 200 darkmoon trinket from AH.

then do rated battlegrounds for conquest points and work on renown and campaign.

1. Buy ilvl 200 purple pvp gear from the vendor in oribos.
    2. get to renown level 29 to upgrade world quests rewards to 180s-190s. Do this by doing world boss, callings, dungeons, the campaign etc. renown has a chance to be a reward but not a guarantee. renown might also drop from every castle nathria raid boss but you need i171 to queue up for LFR.
    3. Complete the campaign for more high level gear.

Run a ton of low M+ keys. +2 drops 187 gear. +3 drops 190 gear. +4 and +5 drops 194 gear. But the drop chance is low. If you go this route, you are looking at 20-25 runs to get some stuff. That probably makes little sense as if you just build up renown and do the campaign youll get there pretty quick anyway. But you can decide what you want to do.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so honestly, 158 gear is absolutely awful and spending Honor on it when it's also useful for upgrading Conquest gear might end up being a bad idea. I think like others have said to get your Covenant set, buy PVP trinkets and go from there. Rings and Neck might be worth due to relatively low Honor costs and amount of Versatility provided.

I'd focus on trying to get your Vault filled up, PVP Cap, Mythic+ and Raid, as there's Vers/X stat gear from those two and possibly an upgrade. Also having choices in the Vault will massively help you're gearing process, especially if that item ends up being a Weapon.

Don't get me wrong, if you plan to do 2's it will be rough. You'll likely run into a lot of fully geared people, often boosters, so it can be difficult to push. Rated Battlegrounds are probably the best bet.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

If you do mythic +2-4, do it as heals if you can. Just set drops to your actual spec if it is not heals. You'll get plenty invites.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.