Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Old gods are throw away space ticks. Void Lords have actual power and mystery.
    Yet, old gods shaped and dominated azeroth, before the Titans arrived and one of them twisted reality to his will, thousands of years after his imprisonment...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Yet, old gods shaped and dominated azeroth, before the Titans arrived and one of them twisted reality to his will, thousands of years after his imprisonment...
    And the Titans could easily kill them if they weren't worried about Azeroth. They were so insignificant that they let their minions deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    That is a theory and that's all it is. Not proof

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    @Eazy What type of backwards theory is this? N'Zoth knows of Death, sure. But that doesn't mean anything. And you cannot prove whatsoever that Xavius can even go to the Shadowlands anymore.
    It's just a random guess, because no one knows what it is yet. Blizzard said that N'Zoth is too smart to actually die there and do nothing, he's a truly deceiver being.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's just a random guess, because no one knows what it is yet. Blizzard said that N'Zoth is too smart to actually die there and do nothing, he's a truly deceiver being.
    N'Zoth can only be as smart as writers are. And since writers are just a bunch of idiots that got there thanks to nepotism...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    N'Zoth can only be as smart as writers are. And since writers are just a bunch of idiots that got there thanks to nepotism...
    You're totally right. I forgot about that. You made me realize that there is some kind of a lore(a bad one) in WoW right now and it made my day kinda worse...

So yeah... we probably won't be seeing N'Zoth, maybe as another boss in the Void Expansion or something.

No, they said that N'Zoth has plans beyond plans outside of our singular encounter against him, and that makes sense. He literally has like...3 other known plans outside of his death. Xal'atath, Alleria, and the Light (Which attracts the Void). Mind you, that those are the 3 I can think of at the top of my head. We still have things such as the Dragon Isles, the Infinite Dragonflight potentially returning, etc.

"All eyes shall be opened. Do not allow yours to be closed" What I said above is probably what Blizzard meant by this.

- - - Updated - - -

You're totally right. I forgot about that. You made me realize that there is some kind of a lore(a bad one) in WoW right now and it made my day kinda worse...

So yeah... we probably won't be seeing N'Zoth, maybe as another boss in the Void Expansion or something.
    Maybe, in the Light/Shadow Expansion, we could battle the Old Gods against in the Void Realm or in the patch prior to us fighting the Void Lords as a little nod to past lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    ...Ok? Do you wanna know what the Burning Legion did? You know, the same Burning Legion that got destroyed throughout the span of 1 expansion?

No, they said that N'Zoth has plans beyond plans outside of our singular encounter against him, and that makes sense. He literally has like...3 other known plans outside of his death. Xal'atath, Alleria, and the Light (Which attracts the Void). Mind you, that those are the 3 I can think of at the top of my head. We still have things such as the Dragon Isles, the Infinite Dragonflight potentially returning, etc.

"All eyes shall be opened. Do not allow yours to be closed" What I said above is probably what Blizzard meant by this.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, in the Light/Shadow Expansion, we could battle the Old Gods against in the Void Realm or in the patch prior to us fighting the Void Lords as a little nod to past lore.

- - - Updated - - -

...Ok? Do you wanna know what the Burning Legion did? You know, the same Burning Legion that got destroyed throughout the span of 1 expansion?
    Depends how you label destroyed. 1 expansion but with massive built up since wc1

Depends how you label destroyed. 1 expansion but with massive built up since wc1
    Almost like the same thing happened with N'Zoth.

Almost but not exactly. We didn't know much of the old gods but knew quite a bit about the burning Legion.

The buildup was considerably smaller, though. His buildup was mostly in the background, with minimal direct interaction save Cataclysm. He's just the greater-scope villain of Cataclysm and that's about it.

Just 2 more weeks until t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶s̶ ̶#̶T̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶!̶ ̶ N'zoth comes back!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-02-10 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Maybe maybe maybe... N'zoth was overestimated instead and was always what we all knew about him: He was the weakest.

Almost but not exactly. We didn't know much of the old gods but knew quite a bit about the burning Legion.
    We really didn't know much about the Legion at all until 6.2 and Chronicle. With the Old Gods, the only thing we really "lacked" was if we really did kill them or not, what their end goal was, as well as their overall full power, which we just saw in BFA. Outside, of that, we knew about their minions, we knew about their corruption, we fought 3 of them prior to BFA (Where we fought the last one), and we KINDA knew about how many there were (We said 5, but Blizzard confirmed that there were 4 WHEN THE TITAN'S ARRIVED (Wink wink, nudge nudge), even tho Xal'atath was hinted of being one prior, not to mention the Chronicle page where you can clearly see a 5th Old God in the top right part of it, which I assume is Xal'atath. If not, then it's connected to Life and Death in some manner. Maybe, if it's not Xal'atath, it can be a Shadowlands boss?).

So, in a way, we didn't know that little about the Old Gods compared to the Legion. The Legion was just more upfront about their shit. But we never knew about their immortality, how they truly died, what their leader fully looked up, what their true end goal was (Which we know now), how they actually made the Lich King (Hint: They really didn't), etc.

People seem to forget that all that is required for god-hood is wisdom, big brains and a good opportunity.

People on this board used to wow lore, forget, that a story could be designed completely differently other than there is always a bigger threat out there, by just developing existing villains and increase their power, villains do not have to be as static and could be more dynamic like Arthas in WC3, he developed quite well, his powers increased a thousand fold by becoming the LK from the mere mortal he used to be.

Lets not kid ourselves, N'Zoth was the smartest of all the old gods on Azeroth, its not just showcased by his plans over the eons, but his mind skills(PSI powers) other old gods did not have the same kind of mental power as N'Zoth, their brute strenght do mean less and decayed armies they had in the end the Titans overwhelmed them or Sargeras would and he empowered Deathwing a thousand fold, some lore dev said so 10 years ago. I don't buy N'Zoth is the weakest of the old gods, i rather think this is a rumor to deceive his opponents.

So in theory he could grow in power by just beeing smart seeing multiple outcomes in the future certainly helps, too.

Couldn't find much about void lords or first ones and the concept in itself sounds silly to begin with, tbh. Blizz just creates bigger old gods and titans, because they run out of ideas and can't develop existing villains, i think this is one wows biggest design flaws in terms of story, and its ironic, as blizzard did better in WC3, Villains seemed way more developed in terms of power and their lore.

N'Zoth is merely underestimated by its own creators, not void lords not first ones, but wow lore devs, while facts proove otherwise, its fact and lore, that the old gods influenced azeroth for very long time and much more than the BL or Titans ever did, the pantheon only tried to stop the corruption and confine it in prisons, but the corruption of the old gods, couldn't be stopped at all, until N'Zoth was destroyed in Ny'alotha, recently.

And i am afraid, people on this board or in general, do not expect further development of N'Zoth or other old gods, because blizzards story direction became to bland and not, its impossible to do, because as i see it, nothing is really impossible in a fantasy world with multiple dimensions and realities, and death just another voyage to new adventures.

Can't wait when its time for the devs to explain what happens with dead old gods, i remember they are going to tell us in SL.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2021-02-10 at 04:10 PM.

"Can't wait when its time for the devs to explain what happens with dead old gods, i remember they are going to tell us in SL."

Didn't they legit mention that every Cosmic force has their own plane to go to when they die in reality? Probably would mean the Old Gods return to their masters in the Void.

"And i am afraid, people on this board or in general, do not expect further development of N'Zoth or other old gods, because blizzards story direction became to bland and not, its impossible to do, because as i see it, nothing is really impossible in a fantasy world with multiple dimensions and realities, and death just another voyage to new adventures."

No one is saying that. We're saying that battling N'Zoth or it being "alive" is not a factor anymore. Doesn't mean its plot is over however, as Steve clearly talked about in his WoWhead interview.

"Couldn't find much about void lords or first ones and the concept in itself sounds silly to begin with, tbh. Blizz just creates bigger old gods and titans, because they run out of ideas and can't develop existing villains, i think this is one wows biggest design flaws in terms of story, and its ironic, as blizzard did better in WC3, Villains seemed way more developed in terms of power and their lore."

What do you mean? They develop existing villains just fine. I do agree with the rest, however.

"Lets not kid ourselves, N'Zoth was the smartest of all the old gods on Azeroth, its not just showcased by his plans over the eons, but his mind skills(PSI powers) other old gods did not have the same kind of mental power as N'Zoth, their brute strenght do mean less and decayed armies they had in the end the Titans overwhelmed them or Sargeras would and he empowered Deathwing a thousand fold, some lore dev said so 10 years ago. I don't buy N'Zoth is the weakest of the old gods, i rather think this is a rumor to deceive his opponents."

Or it's just Azshara and co overestimating just how much power was required in order to kill it. Either way, idc how powerful you are, no Old God is surviving a Titan planet reorigination device empowered with Azeroth's World Soul VIA the Heart of Azeroth.

"People on this board used to wow lore, forget, that a story could be designed completely differently other than there is always a bigger threat out there, by just developing existing villains and increase their power, villains do not have to be as static and could be more dynamic like Arthas in WC3, he developed quite well, his powers increased a thousand fold by becoming the LK from the mere mortal he used to be."

Ok? What does this have to do with "N'Zoth survived"? Like I said, N'Zoth's plan could easily go on, but not from N'Zoth itself.

Ok? What does this have to do with "N'Zoth survived"? Like I said, N'Zoth's plan could easily go on, but not from N'Zoth itself.
    Its not about survival, its about how bland this story is, N'Zoth certainly could see that one coming with the Titan planet reorigination device blasting through Ny'alotha? He even manifested there and corrupted Ra-den?

And who could believe that, while N'Zoth seems to know everything, Wrathion and a Titan Watcher can outsmart him and his corruption that easily?

Anything else, like plans that form after his destruction are just unconfirmed wild guesses, while we have to deal with the fact that he ended in a pitiful Sauron like style and making N'Zoth the one who has closed eyes all along as there is no other explanation for his quick demise and failure in Ny'alotha?

We really didn't know much about the Legion at all until 6.2 and Chronicle. With the Old Gods, the only thing we really "lacked" was if we really did kill them or not, what their end goal was, as well as their overall full power, which we just saw in BFA. Outside, of that, we knew about their minions, we knew about their corruption, we fought 3 of them prior to BFA (Where we fought the last one), and we KINDA knew about how many there were (We said 5, but Blizzard confirmed that there were 4 WHEN THE TITAN'S ARRIVED (Wink wink, nudge nudge), even tho Xal'atath was hinted of being one prior, not to mention the Chronicle page where you can clearly see a 5th Old God in the top right part of it, which I assume is Xal'atath. If not, then it's connected to Life and Death in some manner. Maybe, if it's not Xal'atath, it can be a Shadowlands boss?).

So, in a way, we didn't know that little about the Old Gods compared to the Legion. The Legion was just more upfront about their shit. But we never knew about their immortality, how they truly died, what their leader fully looked up, what their true end goal was (Which we know now), how they actually made the Lich King (Hint: They really didn't), etc.
    Yes and no. With all the Warcraft games and books and legion being expanded upon we have had far more information than the old gods. They expanded upon the Legion as WoW went on and did the same thing with old gods/void lords but now that legion is on the back burner and well they screwed over Old gods and their lore with N'zoth. They'll most likely get a spotlight again when we inevitably get a void/light expansion or when they need a new villain cause they're running out of ones.
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2021-02-11 at 02:29 AM.

yes, OP, this is a common theory.