Page 1 of 21
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    PA couple shot over long-going dispute with neighbor

    double homicide+ suicide over a dispute about a couple shoveling the early eastcoast snowstorm snow onto their neighbors property. This was obviously a longstanding animosity between the people. The video with incredibly good audio was caught on the couples camera system

    NSFW language and gun violence (delete the link if the content is too much for OT it's a link to the page the video is on, not to the video.) just search for the story if link is deleted, the video was leaked like only 2 or 3 days after the incident. It honestly plays out like the climax of a horror/drama movie.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPubli...ltercation_in/

    Pretty dumb, shitty, and petty thing to be die over. the couple leaves behind a teenage son with autism who is now in the care of grandparents.
    Sometimes it's better to not escalate. and ofc: guns guns guns

    *edit*
    link to the story: https://nypost.com/2021/02/05/shoote...-navy-veteran/

    Mod Warning: If discussion starts to focus on gun control, the thread will be closed and discussion can continue in the mega-thread.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-02-08 at 11:35 PM.

  2. #2
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,786
    Quote Originally Posted by ohtlmtlm View Post
    double homicide+ suicide over a dispute about a couple shoveling the early eastcoast snowstorm snow onto their neighbors property. This was obviously a longstanding animosity between the people. The video with incredibly good audio was caught on the couples camera system

    NSFW language and gun violence (delete the link if the content is too much for OT it's a link to the page the video is on, not to the video.) just search for the story if link is deleted, the video was leaked like only 2 or 3 days after the incident. It honestly plays out like the climax of a horror/drama movie.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPubli...ltercation_in/

    Pretty dumb, shitty, and petty thing to be die over. the couple leaves behind a teenage son with autism who is now in the care of grandparents.
    Sometimes it's better to not escalate. and ofc: guns guns guns
    I see the first few posts in the thread there are saying that it's such a dumb thing and this is why you shouldn't aggravate people.

    And that's horse shit.

    What it really means is that the guy who attacked them is so much worse than otherwise. He took a petty, stupid, rude argument, and decided to fucking kill two people over it, rather than just sucking it up and dealing with it like a normal human being.

    That this was so petty and that the victims were being insulting and rude does not in any way justify the guy's response. It does not suggest you shouldn't be rude or you'll get fucking murdered. That's victim-blaming, and worse, attempts to essentially use this event as a threat of future force against anyone else who might dare to be rude and insulting to others, that they might be "asking for it" by doing so.

    I really don't give a shit if the couple were assholes and caused the argument for no real reason. Doesn't matter. Didn't mean they should've died for it. Just means their neighbour was completely out to fucking lunch. The alternate timeline where this outcome didn't come about is the timeline where that neighbour was committed pre-emptively to get treatment before his rage issues led to him harming anyone, not a timeline where everyone's so scared of their violent and crazy neighbours that no one's willing to risk angering them.

  3. #3
    1) They didn't deserve to die
    2) They are partly responsible for the situation that led to their deaths

    Now, when you talk shit to someone over something as petty as snow on a driveway then obviously you would not reasonably expect to be murdered as a consequence of engaging in a row of that nature. But that does not absolve you of all complicity in creating that situation, especially when you are goading someone who is pointing a gun in your direction.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-02-08 at 08:17 PM.

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,763
    this is why you shouldn't let anyone have access to guns freely...

  5. #5
    I detest people who are big tough men when they have a gun. Massive overreaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post


    Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America, F*** yeah.
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Snipped
    For once I can agree with you. You know, leave a flaming bag of shit on their doorstep, just dump all that snow(plus yours) in a massive pile at the end of their driveway then toss some cold water(or piss) to freeze it hard. There's so much more you can do to fuck with someone being an asshole instead of killing them, and it's way more cathartic and fun. Plus you get to do it more than just the once.

    Killing is a last resort, reserved for actual emergency.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    For once I can agree with you. You know, leave a flaming bag of shit on their doorstep, just dump all that snow(plus yours) in a massive pile at the end of their driveway then toss some cold water(or piss) to freeze it hard. There's so much more you can do to fuck with someone being an asshole instead of killing them, and it's way more cathartic and fun. Plus you get to do it more than just the once.

    Killing is a last resort, reserved for actual emergency.
    He knew that, which is why he killed himself afterwards.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    1) They didn't deserve to die
    2) They are partly responsible for the situation that led to their deaths

    Now, when you talk shit to someone over something as petty as snow on a driveway then obviously you would not reasonably expect to be murdered as a consequence of engaging in a row of that nature. But that does not absolve you of all complicity in creating that situation, especially when you are goading someone who is pointing a gun in your direction.
    "Look what she was wearing...she was asking for it"

  9. #9
    So he went out to confront them with a gun? If so, sounds premeditated.
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So he went out to confront them with a gun? If so, sounds premeditated.
    no... i watched the video... he went inside and grabbed a hand pistol after they were arguing at the start and then came back out with it and fired until empty... then he went back inside after it was empty and got a rifle and killed them both...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-02-08 at 10:06 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    1) They didn't deserve to die
    2) They are partly responsible for the situation that led to their deaths

    Now, when you talk shit to someone over something as petty as snow on a driveway then obviously you would not reasonably expect to be murdered as a consequence of engaging in a row of that nature. But that does not absolve you of all complicity in creating that situation, especially when you are goading someone who is pointing a gun in your direction.
    “Partly responsible”.... for a spat about snow? Nah. That’s a very skewed way to look at it.
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  12. #12
    Some straight up executions and he even went back for the big gun when the handgun was emty, must have had a really bad day.

    Well he did kill himself too so that's that.

    Also a good example why you shouldn’t antagonize people you don’t know like someone said and in this case throwing snow onto the neighbor's property as he was shoveling.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-02-08 at 10:16 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  13. #13
    “He was a loving son, brother and uncle who will be greatly missed by his family and friends,” his obituary read.
    Excuse me? He executed 2 people for an argument about shoveling snow. If my brother did that, I would kick his corpse in the nuts, burn it and throw it in the garbage, instead of holding a funeral for him. Not even worth remembering.

    If he hadn't killed himself like a coward he would have deserved the chair for that. And probably any jury, if they would legal means for convicting him, would have done so. Dying by his own hands got him off way to easy, avoiding responsibility.
    Last edited by josykay; 2021-02-08 at 10:26 PM.

  14. #14
    Senseless. What a waste of life all around.
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So he went out to confront them with a gun? If so, sounds premeditated.
    At this point it's only an academic distinction.

    But during the argument he gets his handgun and he shot them, walked up to the wife laying in the middle of the street, shot her at least twice more, walked up the driveway to where the husband is off screen, shot a few more times. Then he goes back into his house...comes out a minute later with his rifle and shoots them both again at point blank range. When the cops show up he apparently shoots himself.

    So, even if one were to consider the initial shootings as second degree murder... going back inside, grabbing his rifle, and coming out again would upgrade the charges to first degree. But, since he committed suicide, it's really a moot point.

  16. #16
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I see the first few posts in the thread there are saying that it's such a dumb thing and this is why you shouldn't aggravate people.

    And that's horse shit.

    What it really means is that the guy who attacked them is so much worse than otherwise. He took a petty, stupid, rude argument, and decided to fucking kill two people over it, rather than just sucking it up and dealing with it like a normal human being.

    That this was so petty and that the victims were being insulting and rude does not in any way justify the guy's response. It does not suggest you shouldn't be rude or you'll get fucking murdered. That's victim-blaming, and worse, attempts to essentially use this event as a threat of future force against anyone else who might dare to be rude and insulting to others, that they might be "asking for it" by doing so.

    I really don't give a shit if the couple were assholes and caused the argument for no real reason. Doesn't matter. Didn't mean they should've died for it. Just means their neighbour was completely out to fucking lunch. The alternate timeline where this outcome didn't come about is the timeline where that neighbour was committed pre-emptively to get treatment before his rage issues led to him harming anyone, not a timeline where everyone's so scared of their violent and crazy neighbours that no one's willing to risk angering them.
    The victims are not merely victims in this case - you haven't read the details. I'm not saying your point of view re escalation isn't entirely correct, but the couple that was murdered had their own issues and used violence and intimidation in the overall and ongoing situation. I'm also not saying the outcome was justified, obviously, but saying it was all one sided is wrong. And there is no victim blaming - both sides were at fault.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And there is no victim blaming - both sides were at fault.
    That's victim blaming.

    Nothing they did warrants this reaction.

  18. #18
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Senseless. What a waste of life all around.
    Agreed. How can people let things like this just go on and on. Sounds like the shooter was irrationally fed up with all the bullshit the neighbor couple sent his way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's victim blaming.

    Nothing they did warrants this reaction.
    No, it's not. That's not victim blaming. Period.

    What did the neighbor couple do?

  19. #19
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,215
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The victims are not merely victims in this case - you haven't read the details. I'm not saying your point of view re escalation isn't entirely correct, but the couple that was murdered had their own issues and used violence and intimidation in the overall and ongoing situation. I'm also not saying the outcome was justified, obviously, but saying it was all one sided is wrong. And there is no victim blaming - both sides were at fault.
    Unless they were pointing a gun at him and he shot in self defense. They are very much victims in this case. No if and's or but's.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, it's not. That's not victim blaming. Period.

    What did the neighbor couple do?
    They didn't pull a gun and shoot at him did they?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

    What did the neighbor couple do?
    Nothing that justifies murder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •