Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagnar View Post
    I do not raid or pvp(do not have the time nor interest for it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagnar View Post
    I am looking forward for TBC classic.
    "I don't have time for the casual version of the game but I can't wait for the hardcore time wasting version of it"

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Where did the 190 piece come from that you got to make the base version? The higher versions come from the same place. You don't need to raid or do M+ at all for legendaries. You just need to know a crafter and/or pay one.
    Aha. Ok then i misunderstood the system. Good to know.

You are ignorant. [...]
    Well, i don't have to convince you.
    It's nice that you try to help but i tried the pug raiding and M+ scene in Legion and BfA and i didn't have good experiences. I don't doubt that there are good people out there but i don't have the energy or time to find them. So there is that.
    It's great that you seem to enjoy the content, good for you.
    I'm bored since there is not much to do outside of that and so my subscription ends in 9 days.

I actually kind of am.

Raiding is great as always, m+ is digestable as usual, some collectible farming is possible, BUT...yeah it feels like there's not much to do outside of the mainstream activities. Sure I can farm anima, but that is done in like 30-40 minutes per day. Other than that, the only activity I can realistically do is just...the same shit on my 3 alts in other covenants. It got so boring that I flat out stopped doing that, and just returned to playing my main and on the off-hours...just playing something else, or not playing anything at all.

To an extent it's okay not to feel like I want to spend every minute of the day playing, because I have more time for the family and work etc. but at the same time....the game feels great when it keeps reeling you in and keeps motivating you to log in. Shadowlands just isn't doing that, and if a game is not doing that, you slowly start losing interest in it, quite simply.

PS. And yeah, I would consider Legion and BfA much more engaging outside of raid/dungeon/pvp.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-02-11 at 02:29 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I'm bored since there is not much to do outside of that and so my subscription ends in 9 days.
    That’s fine. I’m glad there is not much that I HAVE to do outside of raids and dungeons in PvE. The absolute worst part about BfA was the sheer amount of mandatory stuff we had to do week after week. In SL I can focus on the things that are fun to do instead of slaving off the things that are rewarding and then not having the time for the fun stuff anymore.

If you’re not doing the fun content then yeah, you’re left with a tiny amount of chores per week and nothing else. I wouldn’t sub to a game if I had your playstyle either.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s fine. I’m glad there is not much that I HAVE to do outside of raids and dungeons in PvE. The absolute worst part about BfA was the sheer amount of mandatory stuff we had to do week after week. In SL I can focus on the things that are fun to do instead of slaving off the things that are rewarding and then not having the time for the fun stuff anymore.

If you’re not doing the fun content then yeah, you’re left with a tiny amount of chores per week and nothing else. I wouldn’t sub to a game if I had your playstyle either.
    People like this are really the problem and should not be catered too any level

Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    The problem is that it plays like a single player RPG. The campaign and zones are great for the for the first time and even second time around. Doing it on multiple alts and having to come back for the dailies/callings quickly looses its appeal. Even the story in some of the zones ain't great like Ardenweald. Maldraxxus is cool first time through the zone but again it falls flat after that.

Torghast is terrible and frustrating, nothing more. The Maw is even worse. Callings feel like a chore and with no flight master's whistle, it makes it even worse.

As an expansion I don't think its yet better than BFA. I mean its got its plus points like better designed dungeons but it lacks in zones. Also am glad to have azerite gear behind me and the stupid neck lego. The new zones have already worn off me off though. WQs are a chore, content is way too time gated and it feels like you've got to keep coming back to make any progress rather than binge playing and taking a break.
    WQ are not mandatory in the slightest, and all the gated content (covenant campaigns) are all now completely unlocked if you’ve been playing. Game requires little effort to stay maxed out on weekly power gains and even if you miss a week or two there’s catch up mechanics in place that work pretty well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    So we have all been playing Shadowlands, the past few months.

And the honeymoon phase is over. But I feel like this EXP was really great in the start, but became really boring super fast.

I really don't get, why blizzard choose to have each zone separated, it feels to disconnected. it made me care less about the "shadowland world".

The covenant are really boring imo and super slow, its gated behind time, so its like watching a movie, but you can only see 2min each week.

When I don't raid, m+ or PVP, I don't know what to do ingame, there is no solo content, besides "old content" but have been doing that for years. I really think wow needs more solo content.' (Why mage tower was great)

The reason why I really enjoyed lets say, Warth. was because I could play at every hour, and I did not need to find a group for things. I could just spam queue HC dungeons, get Valor and get some ok gear for my alts.

Any others that are getting bored quick of SL?
    welcome to bfa 2.0
    anima grindind, wall timed gate thing everywhere, reput grinding hiding behing wall timed stuff too
    thorgast is dissapointed, the maw is boring

peoples begins to leave, blizzard dont have it anymore :P

the big problem is that blizzard dont understand that it is a mmo, the game should alive, full of new stuff each 1-2 week (hire some rpg writer and a few dev and they coul do it) no real event in game, all is static, and its like since the beginning

its just that now, we really see the problem
    Last edited by kaintk; 2021-02-11 at 03:36 PM.

Having a blast myself! Focused on pushing M+ this season and not rushing it. This time I made sure to level an alt, not play 20 hours a day, and only raid once per week (if available). So far was able to clear Heroic, get up to +14 keys, and enjoyed completing the Venthyr campaign (should be more, its good). My thing this xpac, was not to rush or burn myself out and so far, it has worked!

I do think adding in Valor points will make things better when it comes to getting gear from playing pure M+. I am glad WQ are not mandatory and I do them maybe 2 times per week (1000 anima and if I feel like it). I do wish PVP wasn't mandatory for high key gearing, but it is what it is and do what I must (I do like PVP though).

15+ Year Old Account
    What’s that? You spend more time playing world of Warcraft than you do most other physical activity, you’ve played a game so much that you’ve run out of content to do, you refuse to go outside and open your eyes and let some GD vitamin D into your body, and you’re mad that your borderline obsessive playing of a singular video game, far more play time than any physician or psychiatrist would ever advise, has left you feeling empty?

That’s weird.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    I have to work, so i can't be playing more than just 2hrs a day. The rest of the game became a slow progress, to the point that it feels impossible to be good. And please don't come with that bullshit that "Maybe MMOs are not for you", because i'm actually able to play Elder Scrolls Online just fine without burning 8hrs a day....
    Yeah, i'm back to ESO, too. Great game and the next Expansion is not far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Yes I get very strong WOD vibes from this one. Not a lot to do outside of your weekly lockouts/chores.
    Are you completely ignoring your covenants? I have to assume you are, since outdoors is where 99% of the anima is.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Maybe don't play the game 6+ hours each day and then you don't run out of content so fast? You don't have to max out everything ASAAAAP and rush like as if it's a crazy race.
    I don't want to be a d*ck, but I don't really sympathize with players who just play the game SOO freakin' much.. max out everything way before the devs intended, because they invest a huge amount of time each day.. and then complain there is nothing left to do.
    I've been playing since launch, casually and still have pleenty of stuff to do... I`m still at Mythic +7 level, covenant stuff left to do, Torghast, Maw, raiding etc. because I just don't play the game non-stop.
    I didn't mean to offend you or anything, it's just my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    So we have all been playing Shadowlands, the past few months.

And the honeymoon phase is over. But I feel like this EXP was really great in the start, but became really boring super fast.

I really don't get, why blizzard choose to have each zone separated, it feels to disconnected. it made me care less about the "shadowland world".

The covenant are really boring imo and super slow, its gated behind time, so its like watching a movie, but you can only see 2min each week.

When I don't raid, m+ or PVP, I don't know what to do ingame, there is no solo content, besides "old content" but have been doing that for years. I really think wow needs more solo content.' (Why mage tower was great)

The reason why I really enjoyed lets say, Warth. was because I could play at every hour, and I did not need to find a group for things. I could just spam queue HC dungeons, get Valor and get some ok gear for my alts.

Any others that are getting bored quick of SL?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but thanks for asking.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

"I don't have time for the casual version of the game but I can't wait for the hardcore time wasting version of it"
    You don't understand that someone with limited time can enjoy that time more in TBC than in retail?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    You don't understand that someone with limited time can enjoy that time more in TBC than in retail?
    By doing what?

By doing what?
    By doing whatever it is they enjoy doing...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    By doing whatever it is they enjoy doing...
    which is what? The game wasn't very casual friendly back then and a "Classic" version won't have a casual friendly community either.

Having a great time still. Only thing that really bothers me is the fact that my class' specs are heavily dependant on the right covenant, and since i like to dabble with all specs, it's quite a big hindrance. I basically have to decide one week in advance what spec i would like to play the coming week.

I usually get a bit bored between raid tiers.
    But I think that is ok. Then we can take a break and play some other games also which is nice IMO.

which is what? The game wasn't very casual friendly back then and a "Classic" version won't have a casual friendly community either.
    I was a casual player in TBC and it was fine, had a great time. And there will be guilds for people like that.