Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    For me this is absolutely the worst change in WoW. Pre-Cata zones are, for the most part, places you can breathe in. You can chill doing your quests or herbalism or mining, and it doesn't feel like a pain in the arse. It's relaxing. Some zones have their dense packs of mobs but for the most part it's as you say, there's space. Logging in to old WoW felt comfy.
    Dude, they simply had less resources and less experience to fill up zones with mobs, quests and mechanics. In Cata game entered mature state, Classic->BC, BC->Wrath and Wrath->Cata were big sharp in quality, after that room to improvement was smaller.

You add some reason years later they were doing empty zones on purpose. I honestly don't understand what is "comfy" and "relaxing" about hiting autorun and ride through wasteland.

Sounds like (and it's not first time I got this impression) you just don't enjoy WoW anymore. That's fine. But you made Nostalgialand from Classic-Wrath era and try blame everything on current game. Honestly, I suggest to think twice before playing TBC/Wrath Classic, it's possible you won't find "comfort" and "relax", but boredom. Classic Vanilla already shattered nostalgia goggles for many people.

Raid, M+, leveling, and PVP is essentially whole game (for current content) if you already farmed your SL mounts and toys... That is basically how every xpac is tbh xD

If you aren't doing Raid, M+, leveling, and PVP, there is nothing to do besides maw/torghast/pets/achieve/transmog farming

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dude, they simply had less resources and less experience to fill up zones with mobs, quests and mechanics. In Cata game entered mature state, Classic->BC, BC->Wrath and Wrath->Cata were big sharp in quality, after that room to improvement was smaller.

You add some reason years later they were doing empty zones on purpose. I honestly don't understand what is "comfy" and "relaxing" about hiting autorun and ride through wasteland.

Sounds like (and it's not first time I got this impression) you just don't enjoy WoW anymore. That's fine. But you made Nostalgialand from Classic-Wrath era and try blame everything on current game. Honestly, I suggest to think twice before playing TBC/Wrath Classic, it's possible you won't find "comfort" and "relax", but boredom. Classic Vanilla already shattered nostalgia goggles for many people.
    The notion that Blizzard didn't have the resources to fill TBC and Wrath with more mobs and quests is just silly. They had piles of cash. The game just didn't need them.

I often see the "you just don't enjoy WoW anymore" defence made as a way of invalidating complaints about the game. "It's not the game, it's you" kind of thing. Well that's not true for me. The shitty new zones is the main reason I unsubbed. They are just not fun to play in, in my opinion. Not without flying, anyway.

between the weak story, gating everywhere, chore list, and mediocre dungeons and raids i'd say i got bored of this expansion faster than any i've ever played.

WoD was great the first 4-6 weeks, and even the first raid tier was fun. but garrisons hurt the game and economy badly. but it was a good leveling expansion.

BFA was on the the worst story lines ever, and it felt like death-by-worldquest, but at least there was a reason to go in the open world.

everything in Shadowlands just feels boring and repetitive. Torghast. The Maw. Covenant dailies. the raid is utter shit -- worst raid tier since...deathwing? maybe worse. and the mythic+ dungeons are just tedious and painful to run, they're a chore you force yourself through to get the weekly chest.

i'm only subscribed (through tokens, stop using money ages ago) to keep playing classic and leading to the run up to TBC. i'll do my weeklies now in SL to grind out some gold for more tokens, but thats a few hours a week tops. eventually i'll finish the campaign and get to 40 unlocks for my covenant but honestly...this is most souless and hollow expansion Blizzard has done. paint-by-numbers, change-the-mechanics just enough to justify calling it an expansion and to shuffled all the hidden grinds.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The notion that Blizzard didn't have the resources to fill TBC and Wrath with more mobs and quests is just silly. They had piles of cash. The game just didn't need them.

I often see the "you just don't enjoy WoW anymore" defence made as a way of invalidating complaints about the game. "It's not the game, it's you" kind of thing. Well that's not true for me. The shitty new zones is the main reason I unsubbed. They are just not fun to play in, in my opinion. Not without flying, anyway.
    Lol, you think you can just throw cash at people and they suddenly learn everything Blizz learned in early WoW? MMOs before WoW were mostly just pure mob grind. We didn't even had functional quest hubs before TBC.

Well, and of course it's your right to think that empty zones like Hellfire Peninsula with quests to kill 15 Felboars are pinnacle of MMO design and zones like Revendreth are "shitty". And it's probably my fault to engaging in discussion, don't want to be rude, but when I talk "Classic was better" people, I see same patterns.

All of you, bored with the game and whining, just stop playing it.

You'll be happier, we'll be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lol, you think you can just throw cash at people and they suddenly learn everything Blizz learned in early WoW? MMOs before WoW were mostly just pure mob grind. We didn't even had functional quest hubs before TBC.

Well, and of course it's your right to think that empty zones like Hellfire Peninsula with quests to kill 15 Felboars are pinnacle of MMO design and zones like Revendreth are "shitty". And it's probably my fault to engaging in discussion, don't want to be rude, but when I talk "Classic was better" people, I see same patterns.
    Not sure where your first paragraph came from, certainly nothing I said. And I haven't even mentioned the nature of questing other than world quests, so I'm not sure why you are talking about that either.

My complaint about the 'world' of Warcraft is that it's become progressively more annoying to play in. Artistically it looks great, but Blizzard seems to prefer form over function.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Zeusy said-If you aren't doing Raid, M+, leveling, and PVP, there is nothing to do besides maw/torghast/pets/achieve/transmog farming
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    All of you, bored with the game and whining, just stop playing it.

You'll be happier, we'll be happier.
    No reason why people shouldn't air their criticisms here.

I'm not bored yet. Enjoying playing thru alts and covenant story. Completed every quest avaialble on my main, except for some drop quests, and still hunting some rares, treasures and pets for achievements.

Lots of new stuff to do for a solo player, but if you don't like doing the completionist thing I could see being bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Adessi View Post
    WQ are not mandatory in the slightest, and all the gated content (covenant campaigns) are all now completely unlocked if you’ve been playing. Game requires little effort to stay maxed out on weekly power gains and even if you miss a week or two there’s catch up mechanics in place that work pretty well IMO.
    Which is why I said, its all time gated. You gotta come back every day/weekly to make progress. That creates burn out instead of being allowed to binge play, getting your fill and then moving on to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    I could agree with that in a way. but my point is more, there is nothing to do in the world. i need that extra spice, to do while not doing the main things.
    can you suggest what kinda spice?

Bored? No. I didn’t blaze through everything and started farming when my main hit 60. I bought all the gear I needed to farm solo comfortably, a few months of tokens, the transmog mount and skygollum and leveled all my profs ( minus legendarys) on my alts that are taking their sweet time on threads of fate so everyone has all the enchants, food, stones, oils, potions and flasks plus max ilvl greens so I never feel like I’m struggling just slow as molasses rolling uphill! I finally finished the campaign on my fury warrior ( epic fun!) and about to hit 60 on my BM hunter - I’m totally fine with the pace my couple of hours a day and a Saturday is giving me!