Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    Yeah totally bored of it all. Nothing really matters. Can't be arsed to farm M+ score again just for it all to reset in a few months and start again grinding the same shit at higher item level...
    Imagine if more people had that mindset, The boosting scene would instantly die..

Considering there is a lot of people spending hundreds if not thousands of euro each season to be up-to-date

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    You're comparing WORK - your livelihood - to a stupid, fucking game.

I think you need to rethink your priorities, buddy.

Don't think I don't understand your point; I'm a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt and it took me 10 years to acquire that belt, which is why our belt system still has value unlike in karate/judo or any other bs mcdojo. But wow is a game. A game.
    Do you need help with the definition of analogy, buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Imagine if more people had that mindset, The boosting scene would instantly die..

Considering there is a lot of people spending hundreds if not thousands of euro each season to be up-to-date
    Those people need a sanity check, tbh. It’s like buying Legos and paying someone else to assemble it. The level of idiocy nowadays is unparalleled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    Do you need help with the definition of analogy, buddy?
    Yes, please help me, friend.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Obviously it's all subjective.

Maybe I should've added "IMO" for you to understand it.
    You added nothing to what I brought up and I pointed out it's subjective and natural that some are bored quicker than others across all games...
    Now you even add a misplaced sarcastic remark.

You do you. But atm it just seems like you want to be snarky for no real reason, especially when we seem to both agree it's very subjective?
    You are confusing my friend.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I got a second character to 55 and that was it. Logged in on my main. Saw "get 1000 anima, do your two broker quests and try and fill the vault quotas" and i got the same "what the hell is the point? this isn't fun or worth a sub fee" feeling i got in warlords when i unsubbed from WoW for the first time since subscribing for the first time in late vanilla. Its just busywork for busyworks sake that doesn't feel like it respects my time or has any meaningful experiences to do. Torghast and the maw are so repetitive i just stopped doing them already, the dungeons are boring and the world quests are so bland and repetitive. It just feels like everything is slowly gated to get more subscription money from you and longterm just to facilitate side content that exists to in some way push you into repeating the one raid every week or just farming cosmetic tat.

If i'm logging in. Going "i don't want to do whats on offer" and logging out thats the point its not worth paying videogame rent for. Especially when i have FFXIV as my main mmo since warlords offering stuff to say nothing of lots of recent games like 13 sentinels and hitman 3 to enjoy. No game exists in a vaccum and Shadowlands is not worth my time when the covenant story is done and there quests are all finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You added nothing to what I brought up and I pointed out it's subjective and natural that some are bored quicker than others across all games...
    Now you even add a misplaced sarcastic remark.

You do you. But atm it just seems like you want to be snarky for no real reason, especially when we seem to both agree it's very subjective?
    You are confusing my friend.
    Subjectivity is implicit in most situations. This was one of those, which makes your remark redundant.

It’s like telling someone that says: “sl sucks!” that it’s subjective; it’s obvious.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Subjectivity is implicit in most situations. This was one of those, which makes your remark redundant.

It’s like telling someone that says: “sl sucks!” that it’s subjective; it’s obvious.
    My original comment was that threads like these are redundant because of the simple fact you agree with, it's subjective.
    I'm still very much confused about your need to be snarky when we seem to agree.

If you misunderstood my first post or the post afterwards I can understand it but so far you haven't said anything that points to it being the case.

either way, seems very pointless to clutter of a thread with useless bickering like this.
    We both agree on that it's subjective. Lets leave it at that.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-02-09 at 12:34 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Normally when I hit a point of boredom like this it means it's time for a 60 alt. So I hit 60 on my first alt earlier last week, holy crap - as soon as I realized I'd be running all the Torghasts on this alt for a legendary the bottom fell out. I can't put my finger on it (although Torghast is a big part of it) but something Is very very tedious about alts this xpac. Something about having to collect anima through WQs on them run every Torghast again on them and then weekly?! Yikes. Guess I'm only gonna have 1 alt this xpac.
    Last edited by slime; 2021-02-09 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Normally when I hit a point of boredom like this it means it's time for a 60 alt. So I hit 60 on my first alt earlier last week, holy crap - as soon as I realized I'd be running all the Torghasts on this alt for a legendary the bottom fell out. I can't put my figure on it (although Torghast is a big part of it) but something Is very very tedious about alts this xpac. Something about having to collect anima through WQs on them run every Torghast again on them and then weekly?! Yikes. Guess I'm only gonna have 1 alt this xpac.
    Aye, I didn’t even manage to hit 52 on my alt. Everything was okay until I reached SL content then the tedium set in.

SL started out as a great xpac for me, but the content just isn’t durable. My sub ends tomorrow and I don’t think I’ll resub until the next major patch. It’s okay though, this is hoe wow should be played, if you ask me; finish the game by completing the tasks you enjoy and unsub until something new comes round.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    But I feel like this EXP was really great in the start, but became really boring super fast.
    I don't think it was really great at any point. Personally, I found it lacking from the get go. That's why I threw in the towel in mid December.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    Even if i level an alt, its just the same stuff once again. Raid and M+

The world has nothing, it was fun the first weeks as everyone was trying to get the mounts and so on, now its just stale

In pre cata, you could spam HC dungeons on your alt and gear HC gear + Valor points. Also i imo the world felt more alive back then.
    I feel the same. I'm more or less down to raid logging but I'm also okay with that (played very hard in the beginning). Kinda my playstyle, I guess.

Though I don't agree with the world feeling any "more" alive than back in pre cata. I just feel more "dead" now compared to back then were a new expansion was something new. I mean, we've lived though a whole heap of them expansions now and we have formulas for how we play them out of habbit. Nothing is every new, new with this game, more or less.

What would you have Blizzard do to make the world more alive? (let's pretend that whatever does not cause massive lag^^)
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I got a second character to 55 and that was it. Logged in on my main. Saw "get 1000 anima, do your two broker quests and try and fill the vault quotas" and i got the same "what the hell is the point? this isn't fun or worth a sub fee" feeling i got in warlords when i unsubbed from WoW for the first time since subscribing for the first time in late vanilla. Its just busywork for busyworks sake that doesn't feel like it respects my time or has any meaningful experiences to do. Torghast and the maw are so repetitive i just stopped doing them already, the dungeons are boring and the world quests are so bland and repetitive. It just feels like everything is slowly gated to get more subscription money from you and longterm just to facilitate side content that exists to in some way push you into repeating the one raid every week or just farming cosmetic tat.

If i'm logging in. Going "i don't want to do whats on offer" and logging out thats the point its not worth paying videogame rent for. Especially when i have FFXIV as my main mmo since warlords offering stuff to say nothing of lots of recent games like 13 sentinels and hitman 3 to enjoy. No game exists in a vaccum and Shadowlands is not worth my time when the covenant story is done and there quests are all finished.
    ye i agree with most of your post except the part that dungeons are boring, imo they are very good, but other than that i agree, 100%.

Additionally, as very well you put it, it is like WoW is for people that don't play any other games (or worse have played any other for the past few years) and they cannot make the comparison, for you it's ffxiv (for me it was not but that's not the point).

Got bored, started leveling alts. When they reached max lvl, I realised all the stuff those chars had to do like my main. So ended up leveling 4 chars to max, see the campaign and call it quits.

Nothing really interests me in SL anymore. All four zones looks different, but feels the same. Dunno how to explain it really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea. To the games credit I've been logged in every single day since the expansion launched. Yesterday was the first day I didn't bother and I saw nobody in my guild on as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wont lie. I am getting bored with Dailies tbh. Kinda wishing I had flying right about now. But otherwise I am not really that bored.

My main issue with Shadowlands is that this expansion doesn't feel like a world at all. All the new zones feel so disconnected, which was also a problem for me in Cata but at least the Cata zones were connected to the main world. Now I just constantly have to use Oribos as an airport to get to any zone, do my thing and wait for my HS to get off CD. The few zones we got aren't even that big either, even without flying mounts it takes little time to get where you want to.

Then we also have all these systems that aren't fun to me. This seems like an obsession of Blizzard where they constantly need to overload every new expansion with all these unnecesary features, which some of them also has their own currency we have to farm for. I much prefer the old way where they just added more of the core content (zones, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds) and only one of two new features that shakes the game up and actually feels fun to participate in, rather than trying to extend their MAU.

Currently I have a few things left that I want to do in SL, after that I will probably do more stuff on Classic to prep for TBC and/or play something else. This expansion almost feels as barebones as WoD which is saying something. I'm not sure if the pandemic is to blame or if they were just given a much smaller budget, but SL so far is not what I used to expect quality wise from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Man... the first reply told you what this forum is like.

Some of us have been pointing out the problems since 2 weeks in. I have hammered the point of travel time being terrible. Flying through Oribos everytime. No imersion is worth that. It's being disrespectful to the player and his time.

Yes, Covenants suck cause they were supposed to be fun cosmetic and theme choices and ended up being another thinly veiled power AP grind. The hall upgrade prices and cosmetic prices are ridiculous. The AP/anima grind never was nor will it ever be fun.

The maw is just as dumb, again designed with the same disrespect for the player and their time. No mouting just cause. Imersion right? I am imersed in my disdain for the design choices. Was that the imersion they wanted?
    I do think the maw was supposed to be their outer world content but it's so opressive in it's design, that it suceeded in telling players to not play it.

In truth, not much at all has changed from BfA, except we now have better classes and new skills, even if temporary. Also, no warforgings is nice.

So, yes, mythic+ and raids. PvP for those that enjoy that balance nightmare.
    Which then raises the fact that it's unrewarding and now with less slot machine pulls.

So, yeah... while i don't hate it, Shadowlands is incredibly effective at telling the player not to play it. Needs fixing/patching. Deterministic complementory rewards and quality of life changes are becoming progressively more urgently required.

Ha! And you know... i miss my garrison. At least i could actually build stuff on it.
    The Maw and Torghast are unfinished the whole expansion needed at least 6 months of more work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    My main issue with Shadowlands is that this expansion doesn't feel like a world at all. All the new zones feel so disconnected, which was also a problem for me in Cata but at least the Cata zones were connected to the main world. Now I just constantly have to use Oribos as an airport to get to any zone, do my thing and wait for my HS to get off CD. The few zones we got aren't even that big either, even without flying mounts it takes little time to get where you want to.

Then we also have all these systems that aren't fun to me. This seems like an obsession of Blizzard where they constantly need to overload every new expansion with all these unnecesary features, which some of them also has their own currency we have to farm for. I much prefer the old way where they just added more of the core content (zones, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds) and only one of two new features that shakes the game up and actually feels fun to participate in, rather than trying to extend their MAU.

Currently I have a few things left that I want to do in SL, after that I will probably do more stuff on Classic to prep for TBC and/or play something else. This expansion almost feels as barebones as WoD which is saying something. I'm not sure if the pandemic is to blame or if they were just given a much smaller budget, but SL so far is not what I used to expect quality wise from Blizzard.
    Like Classic did with BFA, TBC will keep WoW relevant till the next expansion.

It's ok to take a break or play other games. If you have cleared the content and are in autopilot mode than no need to push a lot of extra time into it. All games run out of content or entertainment value eventually. Its not odd. It's not WoW is bad. It's just reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yea. To the games credit I've been logged in every single day since the expansion launched. Yesterday was the first day I didn't bother and I saw nobody in my guild on as well.
    Its only been out for a little more than 2 months i cant recall a expansion that has lost its shine so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    So you are bored when not doing dungeons, raids, or PvP but enjoyed Wrath you could do dungeons and get gear on alts?
    There is some fine logic in there somewhere :P