Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

they have also said from the start they have no intent to make ones that are weaker then others stronger then others, as they dont want people to feel forced to change, instead to bring them closer together, so if one is 10% stronger then another, that other will be brought up 7% so its closer, but not "better"
    Seems like a waste of dev time not making them equal atleast. Nobody that cares about optimization will change to something that’s noticeably worse.

They would probably have to do some insane buffs to other covenants to make Windwalkers go away from Kyrian for example...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Seems like a waste of dev time not making them equal atleast. Nobody that cares about optimization will change to something that’s noticeably worse.

They would probably have to do some insane buffs to other covenants to make Windwalkers go away from Kyrian for example...
    thats not the point, its to make those who chose X cause they liked it even though its worse not as bad.
    also making them equal is difficult, its better to make them a bit worse, cause you make them equal and suddenly things can go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Should be able to upgrade items to 233 ilvl if you time +15. It would be on par with raiding and PvP rewards.
    Do you really think completing a +15 equals the skills needed for 2400+ in arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Do you really think completing a +15 equals the skills needed for 2400+ in arena?
    They could make it from +20.

That's a neat way to handle item upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This sounds good on paper, however...

A person who has a keystone conqueror (every dungeon +10 timed) usually no longer needs any 213s, and a person who has keystone master (+15) usually no longer needs any 220s. Maybe 1-2 unlucky slots but that's that. This is more of a system to more easily upgrade your final unlucky gear slots rather than a system for general gear progression.
    Get rid of the vault & up the ceiling to 226 for higher keys (18-20) & it can be both

For dungeon trinkets, this is an absolute godsend. If there's 100 pieces of dungeon loot for my class & I get 3 choices each week (which I do), the chance of getting my BiS trinket even after a month is still excruciatingly low. This remedies that completely by allowing a targetted upgrade based purely on player skill/time investment rather than RNG.

But yeah, it's definitely a fill in the blanks system more than anything else, & that's fine by me. A guaranteed 220 OPC sounds pretty damn good right about now, especially considering how strong it is compared to the underwhelming raid trinkets.

A person who has a keystone conqueror (every dungeon +10 timed) usually no longer needs any 213s, and a person who has keystone master (+15) usually no longer needs any 220s. Maybe 1-2 unlucky slots but that's that. This is more of a system to more easily upgrade your final unlucky gear slots rather than a system for general gear progression.
    But it's good for future seasons. Many players did every +15 with 190-205 average ilvl at the start of season. So in next season ppl can upgrade their gear to 246 ilvl if they time every dungeon in +15 and many players will do them in 226-235 average ilvl early.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Doesn't make it any better tho.
    Well, to be fair, I never said it didn't suck or wasn't a great idea. Just pointing out to the other person that it isn't anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    But it's good for future seasons. Many players did every +15 with 190-205 average ilvl at the start of season. So in next season ppl can upgrade their gear to 246 ilvl if they time every dungeon in +15 and many players will do them in 226-235 average ilvl early.
    You're not allowed to consider the possibility that a system introduced by Blizzard may have future proofing built into it. The bottom line is that Blizzard isn't giving us 226 ilvl gear for simply logging into the game* so this system sucks and we should boycott this terrible game company until they capitulate.

*btw I'm quitting after I get my free 226 ilvl toon anyway because this game sucks. I just want to feel like I beat it.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as raiding exists that is all they can do. It is a fundamental problem Blizzard has been moving towards since they implemented Mythic+ into the game. How do you limit rewards/gear from Mythic+ while still keeping raiding relevant. Heck in one to two expansions we might not even have raids anymore and the game is just short form content for PvE in various forms with Mythic+ the "king".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    That's a neat way to handle item upgrades
    Yeah really nice addition to what you already get from M+. Being able to upgrade a specific item of your choice is quite sweet.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    They... listened?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

So if youre not a M+ person and mainly just do raiding there is nothing to help those who have had awful luck with drops. Just about everyone I have talked to have said they want valor to be able to buy gear to fill in where they havent gotten any drops. Not to upgrade gear. Especially not exclusively M+ gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good changes. A bit sad I cant upgrade all gear with valor though.

Also, let people get 226 gear if they complete all +20s. Even if it takes 2 weeks per piece for the final upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account

As some one who usually has that exact problem this system is a god send. Also a good way to keep your BIS without the need to hope it'll drop in a better version next time. (Lucky drops of the exact item would be a big plus and not a relief/sorrow breaker in that case as well)

Wait a second, I just realized it's the achievments that unlocks the ability to upgrade to 213/220.

Does this apply account wide then? So you can upgrade alts gear to that level?

3+ Year Old Account
    good changes, step in the right direction.

wonder if necrolord will be bis for war now, that 400 mastery buff on 3 people in the raid, every 2 mins, seems strong.

Sooooo... Is it worth thinking that maybe, this is a prelude to the main patch, and we can expect March/April for that one?

The Valor point system is basically what everyone was asking for, so I couldn't be more elated.

I'm personally fine with the 220 ilvl cap for what is essentially infinitely repeatable content, although I guess we're yet to see how easy valor points can be acquired or whether there's a weekly cap akin to Conquest points.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vroop View Post
    So if youre not a M+ person and mainly just do raiding there is nothing to help those who have had awful luck with drops. Just about everyone I have talked to have said they want valor to be able to buy gear to fill in where they havent gotten any drops. Not to upgrade gear. Especially not exclusively M+ gear.
    Valor would come from where though? Dungeons? So what's the issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    The Valor point system is basically what everyone was asking for, so I couldn't be more elated.

I'm personally fine with the 220 ilvl cap for what is essentially infinitely repeatable content, although I guess we're yet to see how easy valor points can be acquired or whether there's a weekly cap akin to Conquest points.
    They said somewhere in there that there's a weekly cap, hopefully it's cumulative like conquest though.

I wonder if the +15 achieve will only allow upgrades on that character or the whole account?
    Last edited by xero5141; 2021-02-10 at 12:58 AM.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.