Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is a pretty damn high cost. Especially since you can't move either unless you take a permanent hit to your soulbind.

If it was a buff, yes. But it's a channel that is interupted by movement unless you take Emeni and give up a Potency conduit.
    Well you still get a partial benefit even if the channel is interrupted

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well you still get a partial benefit even if the channel is interrupted
    The cost isn't that you lose part of Fleshcraft's benefit. The cost is that you have to stop whatever else you're doing to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Thats something I don't really get.

The transmog gear from necrolord is clearly not the worst one and the zone is the only one that does not suck with cliffs or just bad ground-mount terrain.

Its hard to believe that people choose the awfull terrain zones because of the esthetics of it, with over a decade of flying demands to skip this kind of zones ASAP in every expansion, I simply dont think the fast majority of the community gives a damn about esthetics. The majority doest not like aquatic/non-standard-travel zones because they usually take more time and take more attention from the player for leveling or the daily grind.

I would bet its just about following the META covenant bonuses and nothing else as usual.
    The reason is easy. Necrolord is considered ugly for most.

The cosmetics, mounts and theme of Necrolord/Maldraxxus are just not attractive for many.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    As a necro I often forget fleshcraft even exists, I only use it in plaguefall/torghast/arena openings
    I think arena is exactly where the problem lies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    The reason is easy. Necrolord is considered ugly for most.

The cosmetics, mounts and theme of Necrolord/Maldraxxus are just not attractive for many.
    I agree on this, as some one who picked covenant purely on cosmetic reasons, I find maldraxxus to be boring and ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The cost isn't that you lose part of Fleshcraft's benefit. The cost is that you have to stop whatever else you're doing to get it.
    You can make that case about basically any ability. I have to channel tranquility uh oh. The question is obviously the opportunity cost and given that it it apparently gives you dr while chanelling you can make a case i think.

Also shams can spirit walker cast it while moving. So good.I can't wait.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-02-11 at 05:22 PM.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Call me ignorant but why should the balance revolve around such a small minority of players?
    If it's not the necrolord shield they will find something else to abuse or grind for it's nothing new and nothing special. Things such as features and player powers/abilities that affect literally all players in the game should not be tuned around a very very small percentage of players that choose to do the very hardest and cutting edge content of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So mythic raiders are the reason we can't have nice things. Talk about catering to a tiny minority.
    Most mythic raiders are going to take the cov that gives them/their group the highest dps gains and just not stand in stupid. They arent going to purposely hinder themselves and their group just so that they can have a 16-20k shield at the start of a boss fight and mediocre (at best for most specs) soulbinds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    It will not get nerfed, at least not in PvE.

Blizzard's standard for covenant buff/nerf is population. Necrolord has by far the lowest population.

It has several reasons, and cosmetics is an important one. Many players just don't like the look of Necrolord/Maldraxxus and they will not change no matter how much the covenant ability is buffed.

As long as Nercolord is under represented, fleshcraft won't get nerfed, no matter how OP it is.
    Needs citation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Shams and I think death knights

- - - Updated - - -

emeni has a conduit that let's you cast it while moving
    Rogues (or at least outlaw) can use necro if they are playing buff-bot in a group that plays to its strengths. Bone spike is hella strong on add fights (both overall damage and combo point gen) and Emeni lets you keep the party buffs rolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    I disagree. I just think that the stacking HP shield with 30% DR is just too good defensively. It is close to doubling your HP pool at the cost of not dpsing for a few sec.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because having OP Covenants for a class ONLY affects the top mythic/WF raiders. You guys said that before SL launched and were wrong, and you say it now and will be wrong yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't forgive stupid takes.

Stop generalizing. I am talking about 1 ability right now. Not about all ablities, about 1 fucking ability.
    And thats exactly your problem. You are talking about an ability as if its in a vacuum. Its not. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard often don't change these things unless they get feedback. Waiting around is not helping anything and this has been historically proven through the last 10 years. Giving Blizzard feedback right away is by far the best thing to do. Of course it should be constructive feedback. But the whole "let's wait and see" attitude is simply not working. If something goes live it is much harder to get changed, so giving Blizzard feedback while things are still on the PTR is absolutely crucial.
    I agree, but the reaction was kneejerk. Also, I bet my left nut Blizzard does not read this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    I agree, but the reaction was kneejerk. Also, I bet my left nut Blizzard does not read this forum.
    I mean, some Blizzard employees who play the game themselves might browse this forum from time to time. That's said, I agree, MMO-C is definitely not the best place to give feedback.

But the point still goes: fast feedback is the best feedback. You need to share opinions ASAP. And this goes for almost every project not matter what field it's in. The longer you wait the more costly and time consuming it will be to make changes.

I would much rather they just nerfed night fae than buffed other covenants into the same state, it's really terrible for pvp specifically.

Interesting how quickly people knee-jerk react to something being buffed as immediately "broken" when shit like the Night Fae racial has been usable since release and is much better in PvP than even this PTR iteration of Fleshcraft.

Oh no, a whole 30% damage reduction while standing still and channeling. This will totally break PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Oh no, a whole 30% damage reduction while standing still and channeling. This will totally break PvP.
    Its not like you have a second global to do anything against some of the burst specs. You die in 2 second even even you use 30% + 20% damage reduction (IBF + AMZ), there is no global left to even use anything else.

Fleshcraft should be usable while moving, by default and it should not need a global, to be able to stack it with other cooldowns. The outliers in burst are to far gone in the most player pvp mode, 2v2 arena. At this point in the first season, even assa rogues, the DEVs beloved melee spec, went through 15+ different pvp nerfs in LEGION and were still TIER 1. The SL pvp balance is completly gone right now, no defense buff will be enough if you die in 1-2 globals.
    -