Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What are you old enough to remember?

I'm old enough to remember blockbusters and cell phones only for calling people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I'm old enough to remember blockbusters and cell phones only for calling people.
    You're back sooner than I thought you'd be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm old enought to remember that i used K7 to record musics directly from the radio.

Everything from 1978-ish to now. Only the major beats though because generally speaking my memory is shit for fine details. I remember almost nothing about people too.

using dewey decimal system at the library and playing snake on my dad's state of the art programmable metal cutter during his lunch break, back when those things were gigantic and only existed in commercial manufacturing settings. I still have no idea how he snuck a game in there in there. having tiny black and white TV in a kitchen, that I used to follow one of those early morning workouts (zaryadka) we used to get back in soviet union, before having breakfast and going to school. having only like 3 or 4 channels and cartoons playing at specific time only. playing contraband Beatles album on my dad's reel to reel player. rotary phones for a landline - no cell phones or cordless phones.

I'm not as old as Fencers judging by the years, but... i'm still pretty old :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing Star Wars before it was Episode IV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vague memories of Isfahan. There was a yellow lab, a VW Thing, delicious flat bread, and houses with high walls.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I remember riding in cars or the beds of pickup trucks as a small child with no safety seat.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Watching "The Mask" in the movie theatre.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Using VHS tapes, cassettes, floppy disks.
    - Using Windows 95/98,
    - Renting games from Blockbuster and Hollywood Video. Also this smaller place called Suncoast Video. Don't know if other places had that but - it was super close to where I used to live and I remember going there to rent an N64 game that I ended up not liking.
    - Getting actual free prizes in cereal boxes like the awesome Star Wars lightsaber spoons (wish I still had mine). I still have three of these Cartoon Network magnets I got from cereal boxes way back as a wee little shit of Dexter, Johnny Bravo, and Powerpuff Girls.
    - When cell phones weren't even a thing yet. Had to use house phones. We eventually got the wireless ones which was like the coolest thing back then.
    - A time where social media didn't exist yet.
    - When kids were kids and did kid things like play with toys, video games, and made up games outside instead of recording themselves shaking their ass in front of a camera like some underage stripper like the ones on Tik Tok and Instagram today.

I miss those days so much.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2021-02-15 at 02:53 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account

I'm old enough to remember that you needed to be banned then and still banned now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oops, I think I answered incorrectly.

I'm old enough to remember PG movies having boobs and butts and the rare wiener.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

i am old enough to remember life without those two.....eeek
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill Clinton on TV.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman!"
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The assassination of Sadat. Personal life things from 1978 onwards.

I'm old enough to remember paying in Mark and calling people via street booths.

Creating my own ringtones on my nokia 3210

i remember having to walk barefoot to school in the snow, up hill both ways.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oldest memories was the 1990 new years when I was four. Other than that I remember seeing atari's but never using it and my dad having a cell phone in a bag thing.

The old Tim Burton batman movies, beetlejuice, and of course ghost busters.

I remember how people on buses read newspapers and books. It seems it was so long ago, although it was only 20 years ago...