Thread: Crypto-currency

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Crypto-currency

Currencies such as bitcoin. What do you think of them?

Have you invested in them?

Do you see them as a viable, financial option for the future?

Deleted
    No

[10 characters]

Deleted
    You should invest on newer currencies. How come people realize this now?

Shit, I wish I invested in bitcoin. I knew about it when it was super cheap. Like less than 2 dollars. I could have made a shit ton of money and then gone to jail for tax evasion because I have no idea how you would pay taxes on exchange rates. Bitcoin may not be the future but it will take us to the next thing that will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post

Yea. It's been pretty good. BTC, ETH and BCH

I feel the market will probably pop at some point when it gets to the point only giant organizations can "farm" them. Gratz to anyone that made bank from them so far though.

invest at your own risk bitcoin for example could be worth $50,000 or $4, it is way too early to tell and way too many obstacles. But if you are going to get into it do your research and make the right choices so it is done efficiently. There's a lot of crypto currency advice and rigs that will only give you an expensive electric bill and no profits.

The mining of bitcoin contributes to global warming.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The technology and idea behind them are excellent, the anonymity of cash with the practicality of digital.Outside of that, many are simply treating it as a super-stock to buy for future value.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are still in their nascent 'ooh shiny' stage, however I think their purpose is both important, useful, and has potential. We just haven't settled into that yet.
    Yes, both owning and mining
    This is sort of a vague statement. Will it replace 'money'? No. I highly doubt that. But I think they will be a viable means for other things, like easing sharp jolts in economies.

Ex: Venezuela, it's money is going to shit, so people are buying BTC/ETH in order to have their dwindling currency remain worth something
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    They are still in their nascent 'ooh shiny' stage, however I think their purpose is both important, useful, and has potential. We just haven't settled into that yet.

Yes, both owning and mining

This is sort of a vague statement. Will it replace 'money'? No. I highly doubt that. But I think they will be a viable means for other things, like easing sharp jolts in economies.

Ex: Venezuela, it's money is going to shit, so people are buying BTC/ETH in order to have their dwindling currency remain worth something
    So, you rich yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    So, you rich yet?
    I didn't buy in as early as I would have liked. I have a lot more money now than I did back then, though. It's more out of interest and information than for simply making money. I have a job for that :P
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Once the Crypto Currency boom is over, the price of new gaming PCs should come down with it.

That is because people use both AMD & NVIDA game chips to mine Crypto currency.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/b...o-says-2017-11

Both Nvidia and AMD have enjoyed increased demand for their graphics processing unit chips thanks to their abilities to speed up some cryptocurrency mining. But, as the power required to mine bitcoin remains out of reach for individual miners, and ethereum looks to move to a different payment verification system in the next six months, it looks like that demand will be much lower than current levels.

When bitcoin first started, individuals known as miners would lend computing power to bitcoin’s blockchain network to help verify payments and were rewarded with small payments in bitcoin for their services. These miners soon figured out that GPUs from AMD and Nvidia were well suited to the type of maths used to verify payments and bought them in droves.

As bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies, exploded in price and popularity, it looked as if AMD and Nvidia’s share prices would mirror bitcoin’s rise. Both companies have said that cryptocurrency miners have made it hard for retailers to keep their products in stock, and the graphics card business has been booming because of it.

I’ve quadrupled my initial investments over the past month... I’m content. With the retarded tax plan and the inevitable recession after crypto will be

They should be illegal, its what pedophiles use to buy there disgusting stuff on the dark web, its also what people use to buy drugs, which im personally fine with drug use though, but stil ltheres also things on the dark web like hitmen for hire, sex slaves, illegal firearms, all this shit is bought with bitcoin and other anonamys currencies, i dont care about your "privacy" when your privacy means that tons of people are being harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I didn't buy in as early as I would have liked. I have a lot more money now than I did back then, though. It's more out of interest and information than for simply making money. I have a job for that :P
    This is what pisses me off.

I was there when it was just cents. I thought to to myself it's bullshit that will crumble within a year. My cousin in Croatia now bought a house and he paid for it with Bitcoins. Well, not literally. But he sold the Bitcoins he bought some years ago with massive profit.

And now with a thousand new xxxCoins on the market, I'm too hesitant to invest in any of them. I could shoot myself in the foot for missing early bitcoin.

When I finish my house next summer, I think I'll build a small farm in the basement.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2017-12-02 at 08:30 PM.

Kid at my school made relatively good money selling rare pogs to other kids in the playground.

This is the same. Good luck to those who get rich off've others greed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Once the Crypto Currency boom is over, the price of new gaming PCs should come down with it.
    They won't, really. Systems themselves never really went up in price, and the cards only went up a small amount relatively speaking. Adding $80-150 onto a $250 card is a huge jump. But adding $80-150 to a $1200 system isn't a huge jump... And pre-built systems remained the same regardless.

Make the most out of them while you can.

But i consider it as close as a pyramid scam as you can, and it will burst soon. Early investors will be make huge profits, late arrivals might get fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Make the most out of them while you can.

But i consider it as close as a pyramid scam as you can, and it will burst soon. Early investors will be make huge profits, late arrivals might get fucked.
    This is what I thought, too.

Now I'm sad that I wasn't one of the early people in that pyramid.