Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Still predicting it being sold as a feature of 9.1 to get casuals to resub/stay subscribed It's definitely going to get hyped up more than it deserves for something that should've been there since day one of SL.
    Pretty dumb to make it as a feature but I'll take it. I just wanna solo mog farm. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The argument I have heard that seems to make sense is that Classic to WotLK are somewhat direct continuations of stories presented in the Warcraft game, ending with defeating Arthas and ending the story of the Frozen Throne. Cata onwards is more building on previous expansions more than Warcraft directly.

Of course, that is more on the what the story is. If someone wanted a divide based on gameplay then I would argue that we have Classic/TBC, then WotLK/Cata, MoP/WoD, lastly followed by Legion onwards being the last paradigm of WoW game development.
    i would argue cata is closer to mop and wod than wotlk is to cata

new world,
    flying everywhere
    pruned talents
    pruned spells
    pruned stats
    homogenization of spells
    LFR
    transmog
    etc...
    many more examples

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Warcraft 4. We finally get it.... exclusively on mobile. That's my prediction :P
    please re reforged warcraft omggg blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Warcraft 4. We finally get it.... exclusively on mobile. That's my prediction :P
    please re reforged warcraft omggg blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post

new world,
    flying everywhere
    pruned talents
    pruned spells
    pruned stats
    homogenization of spells
    LFR
    transmog
    etc...
    many more examples
    LFR was added to Cata in the last pathc as a preview of the MoP version of it.

What is moer telling for me though is how Cata was the last expansion to have the old talent system, with MoP creating the one we still use now.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    LFR was added to Cata in the last pathc as a preview of the MoP version of it.

What is moer telling for me though is how Cata was the last expansion to have the old talent system, with MoP creating the one we still use now.
    it had a variant of the old talent system, it wasnt exactly the same, you couldnt really hybrid anymore etc...

and a talent system is not enuf to warrant it closer to wotlk then the rest when u look at everything cata changed.

I think some of the reasons are a bit silly to mention, such as:

"Flying everywhere"
    That's just a change unique to Cata, it's not like flying worked somehow differently in Wotlk or MoP.
    pruned talents
    The Cata talent trees were closer to Wotlk than MoP, because they still were talents trees and not talent tiers.
    LFR
    Under the light of the fact that Wotlk featured such amazingly undertuned raids such as Naxx 10, ToC 10 & VoA and that LFR didn't exist until the last Cata patch, that argument stands on shaky legs.

I could go on, but let's just leave it at that for now.

Wotlk was a massive change of philosophy in comparison to TBC, that cannot be denied, so including that into a "Classic era" is in my opinion false.
    If anything, Wotlk is a bridge between Classic / TBC and Cata / MoP, but including that into the former group is just Wotlk fanboys trying to be part of the "original club".

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think some of the reasons are a bit silly to mention, such as:

"Flying everywhere"
    That's just a change unique to Cata, it's not like flying worked somehow differently in Wotlk or MoP.

The Cata talent trees were closer to Wotlk than MoP, because they still were talents trees and not talent tiers.

Under the light of the fact that Wotlk featured such amazingly undertuned raids such as Naxx 10, ToC 10 & VoA and that LFR didn't exist until the last Cata patch, that argument stands on shaky legs.

I could go on, but let's just leave it at that for now.

Wotlk was a massive change of philosophy in comparison to TBC, that cannot be denied, so including that into a "Classic era" is in my opinion false.
    If anything, Wotlk is a bridge between Classic / TBC and Cata / MoP, but including that into the former group is just Wotlk fanboys trying to be part of the "original club".
    That's quite right. Wotlk introduced raid sizes in all expansion raids, it introduced the LFG tool, raid difficulties. If LFR at the last patch of Cata is meant to be what made cata the "shift", then Wotlk had already shifted the game in a major way beforehand. LFR was more a natural next step from what came with Wotlk than anything else.

https://blizzard.gamespress.com/Worl...t#?tab=logos-3

9.1 logo was leaked at official blizzard site (scroll down to 2012 )

and also the TBC logo

retail already at classic lvl after only 2 months
    https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...%20shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Chains of Domination, eh? Sounds like Anduin is becoming a Lich King whether he likes it or not. Will be interesting to see what new raid comes with this patch as well as what sort of destruction he causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    retail already at classic lvl after only 2 months

Right, that's because "World of Warcraft Shadowlands" is a mouthful of a term to search for. It looks better when you just look up Shadowlands.

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ic,shadowlands
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2021-02-18 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Responding to Amstrup

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Chains of Domination, eh? Sounds like Anduin is becoming a Lich King whether he likes it or not. Will be interesting to see what new raid comes with this patch as well as what sort of destruction he causes.

Right, that's because "World of Warcraft Shadowlands" is a mouthful of a term to search for. It looks better when you just look up Shadowlands.

If you do that, you need to replace world of warcraft with wow at classic.

heres wow classic vs wow shadowlands
    Last edited by Amstrup; 2021-02-18 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post

Yeah...nope. Cata Classic not happening. People on forums & et al. may be clamouring for Pandaria Classic but it's best to take a step back & rethink why anyone wanted Vanilla to begin with..
    You see back in ye old times of WoW I honestly did think that every WoW expansion was going to be optional content that you can opt into if you wanted to progress, rather than be forced to.. I know why Blizzard do force you to play the new content, but at the same time I wish every expansion was individual :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes leaks turn out to be true......

Was expecting customization and allied races or something.. Maybe 9.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Was expecting customization and allied races or something.. Maybe 9.2?
    If there will be anymore allied races - which I highly doubt - they'll be part of an expansion as a feature and not part of a content patch. Races sell expansions (or at least tend to do so).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    >Sylvanas raid boss

So it is done. Goodbye, cruel WoW! I bid you adieu! Goodbye MMO-C!

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Where is this coming from?

Wasnt titan scrapped way before they even started making OW1 ?

Sources?

- - - Updated - - -

What is a filler raid exactly? And how does it apply here?
    Turns out it wasn't true. The Drust thing. It's not that, so good news.