... LastLast
    I shall remain mum. Mum is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA...what a bad shop job

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA...what a bad shop job
    doesnt even say blizzonLINE on the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I want Ion to come out on stage and make a blood pact with the audience that 10.0 won't be a Legion v4.
    If only game developers were teenagers eh?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If only game developers were teenagers eh?
    Better question is what makes SL 'Legion v3' for this people. I get if someone hates BfA/Legion. I get if someone hates SL. But I don't understand what people hating both are even looking for in WoW (not to mention why they're still here after 6+ years of "shitty expansions").

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Better question is what makes SL 'Legion v3' for this people. I get if someone hates BfA/Legion. I get if someone hates SL. But I don't understand what people hating both are even looking for in WoW (not to mention why they're still here after 6+ years of "shitty expansions").
    Nobody knows. Nostalgia and refusing to let go of the past, I guess? This guy in particular spews nonsense on the reg though, fairly certain he's just a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Saying something is badly written doesnt make it objectively badly written.

- - - Updated - - -
    I was talking about the part of subjectivity, mainly. How you feel about the story is completely subjective, évidemment. But the story, as itself, as a written text, is something that's there without you mattering even a bit, and that's objective. And you can argue about that story being badly written or not, going point by point and analyzing it at its objective aspects.

You can argue if something is badly written or not by stylistic standards, structure (cohesion), content and other characteristic than anyone who studied a bit about writing could point out. People should learn the difference between objective and subjective. Not everything's about "my feelings" and "my perspective". If that was the case, everything would be just relative and subjective, and there would be no point in discussing about anything.

The only thing you could argue with this other guy's statement is that he didn't give any arguments to back that statement, at least in that post.
    Last edited by Lorca; 2021-02-17 at 10:49 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    they should start pursing that old man anduin comic, i thought that story seemed really dope
    I guess its to early to complain, but imo anything but arthas 2.0.. sad to see if this is true.

Even like you said, the comic had a better story.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NHolICEn View Post
    Shadowlands 9.1 trailer leak

- have seen trailer for only WoW and only one time, not other IPs, just what I can remember
    - Sylvanas apologizes and effectively kills Anduin to turn him to their cause
    - Anduin is kinda lich king 2.0 but different, hard to tell from just the trailer
    - Yes he wields his corrupted sword and yes it talks to him, some soul inside?
    - Alliance turmoil with Turaylon on throne, the light is angry? was confusing
    - Looks like drust raid for 9.1
    - New torghast wing, powers, torghast world event
    - New maw themed 5-man dungeon with anima powers / Tyrande tie-in some how, just quick shot with her in the dungeon
    - 9.1 flying based on renown like they said
    - No new zone
    - covenant quest lines, conduit, new season
    - Trailer seemed story heavy and light on content, not sure what the hook is for 9.1 /shrug

enjoy
    I mean we know Sylvanas and the Jailer have plans for Anduin (they referred to him as their weapon) but I don't know if they will make him Lich King 2.0 (or 4.0 technically).

I would love to see a Maw dungeon where we rescue Anduin. as for the raid, I thought for sure we would be assaulting the House of the Chosen in Maldraxxus but they could make that into a mega dungeon

I just hope the D2 remaster (D2 Resurrected if rumors are to be believed) is remade from scratch and further along than WC3:R was at the time of announcement.

In any case I'd rather they spend however long is necessary to get it right than release it in an unfinished state.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Similarities are not Copy/Paste. Sadly, you are still frantically trying to proclaim your opinions as facts, they are not. They are and will always remain your opinions and never will become facts.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Why is is that people never learn that inconsistency and coherence are not subjectice?
    Yes. Both are. There are people who totally enjoy horrible writing. You do understand what "subjective" means? No?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Yes. Both are. There are people who totally enjoy horrible writing. You do understand what "subjective" means? No?
    Still no. consistency and coherence are objective things. They are not up for debate. Liking them is. You can enjoy horrible writing for the lulz or be honestly invested in it. But if you do, be ready to be judged for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NHolICEn View Post
    Shadowlands 9.1 trailer leak

- have seen trailer for only WoW and only one time, not other IPs, just what I can remember
    - Sylvanas apologizes and effectively kills Anduin to turn him to their cause
    - Anduin is kinda lich king 2.0 but different, hard to tell from just the trailer
    - Yes he wields his corrupted sword and yes it talks to him, some soul inside?
    - Alliance turmoil with Turaylon on throne, the light is angry? was confusing
    - Looks like drust raid for 9.1
    - New torghast wing, powers, torghast world event
    - New maw themed 5-man dungeon with anima powers / Tyrande tie-in some how, just quick shot with her in the dungeon
    - 9.1 flying based on renown like they said
    - No new zone
    - covenant quest lines, conduit, new season
    - Trailer seemed story heavy and light on content, not sure what the hook is for 9.1 /shrug

enjoy
    If Sylvanas kills Anduin there better not be a redemption arc.

I'm sort of interested to see what Turaylon is doing in Stormwind. Honestly, I'm more interested in what's happening on Azeroth than what's happening in the Shadowlands anyway.

warcraft 3 reformed
    warcraft 3 resmithed
    warcraft 3 recrafted
    warcraft 3 redone
    warcraft 3 remake
    warcraft 3 remade

5+ Year Old Account
    starcraft immortal
    world of warcraft immortal
    overwatch immortal
    news about 9.1 and 9.2 wow
    something about diablo 4 but not too much
    new expansion hearthstone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    warcraft 3 reformed
    warcraft 3 resmithed
    warcraft 3 recrafted
    warcraft 3 redone
    warcraft 3 remake
    warcraft 3 remade
    warcraft 3 refund xD

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Still no. consistency and coherence are objective things. They are not up for debate. Liking them is. You can enjoy horrible writing for the lulz or be honestly invested in it. But if you do, be ready to be judged for it.
    Your judgement doesn't make it any less subjective. If it did, "The Twilight Series" wouldn't exist. But it does. No matter how much it is loathed...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Thinking about this the main comparison I could draw would be the borrowed powers, soft locking people into choices via systems, and general class design. While they got rid of the most egregious parts of the grind the rest of the main tenets of the legion systems design are still present.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

People talking about actual stories and narrative like it's super important. It's not. Another usual major content patch with a raid/dungeon/etc is enough for WoW. You know just like WoW has always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    People talking about actual stories and narrative like it's super important. It's not. Another usual major content patch with a raid/dungeon/etc is enough for WoW. You know just like WoW has always done.
    Wow needs a serious shakeup to make it interesting. I think a lot of people are realizing that if SL is the best they can dress up the current systems, then something needs to change.

Not that I expect that in a 9.X patch, but just adding a new raid / dungeon / quests is getting tiresome at this point. If I don't see anything resembling mage-tower level brilliance or transmog at Blizzcon, I can pretty much consider this expac as not worth coming back to.