Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you keep watching stupid things like this, we will get more stupid things in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    If I watch it on HBO Max it will be a square: 4:3 aspect ratio. Like the trailer was.
    Lest you can get HBO max, can’t even get it here, just hoping it’ll be on Amazon like they did for Wonder Woman release :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I guess it’s possible it’ll end up at 1.33, but Snyder said it was going to be 1.66.
    1.37 actually.

https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...nge-explained/

The 1.37:1 aspect ratio of Zack Snyder's Justice League means fans will be seeing more of the heroes they love, literally. Driven by his love for the IMAX sequences in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and a belief that superheroes tend to be more vertical rather than horizontal figures, Snyder chose to compose and shoot Justice League in the 1.37:1 aspect ratio. The taller ratio not only delivers the director's original vision for the film but also restores the top and bottom of the frame, which 2017's Justice League cropped off to create its 1.85:1 widescreen image. The result, Snyder believes, helps to differentiate Justice League from other films in the genre.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I enjoyed Man of Steel. Not sure what people had against it.
    I liked the fight sequences, it felt very fluid and punchy. I also liked the casting, really good fit. The story was kind of yawn, but then again it's Superman the most boring superhero. Kind of standard fare.

That's also what pissed me off about BvS and JL it just wasn't good storytelling. BvS was a contrived piece of garbage, and JL was just depressingly flat and uninspiring. Maybe they'll twist this into something watchable with all the added stuff, idk - seeing Darkseid might be worth it I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I actually like Leto as Joker, tbh.
    Ditto, considering what little he had to work with, and the amount that hit the cutting room floor from every single one of his performances as the joker, To then instantly go "bad joker" is short sighted, considering how small his part ended up being, he showed a unhinged psychopath with verve.

from the trailers alone looks like another bad snyder movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Gamespot gave it 3/10. 54% Metacritic score. General conclusion: Steppenwolf fleshed out much better but movie is still a mess. New characters bring nothing, CGI still abhorrent.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-15 at 10:41 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, Gamespot gave it 3/10. 54% Metacritic score. General conclusion: Steppenwolf fleshed out much better but movie is still a mess. New characters bring nothing, CGI still abhorrent.
    From the newest trailer, it just looks like they're cramming everything they possibly can into this movie and it still looks like a giant fucking mess.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    From the newest trailer, it just looks like they're cramming everything they possibly can into this movie and it still looks like a giant fucking mess.
    If that's what they're doing, of course it's going to be a mess. There's a reason films have editors. And why someone there to tell the director "no" can be a good thing (I'm looking at you, Hobbit trilogy).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately I will be boycotting this movie, people being unhappy (Offended) for no reason have contributed to this nonsense of studios being put up to rewrite scripts or movies people aren't happy with artistically.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Some critics should not be allowed to review movies. Somehow "far superior" = lower score.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    people being unhappy (Offended) for no reason
    ...those aren't the same thing.

People had plenty of reason to be unhappy with Justice League. Because it was a mediocre movie (at best) that couldn't even live up to the low standards already set by BvS. This is unlikely to be any better, but the studio didn't do this because of any social pressure...they did it because they saw $$$$ in it. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Some critics should not be allowed to review movies. Somehow "far superior" = lower score.
    And if you asked her, she would probably lower the score of the first one, not raise the score of this. The number is just some arbitrary nonsense in the first place.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-03-15 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

People had plenty of reason to be unhappy with Justice League. Because it was a mediocre movie (at best) that couldn't even live up to the low standards already set by BvS. This is unlikely to be any better, but the studio didn't do this because of any social pressure...they did it because they saw $$$$ in it. Obviously.

And if you asked her, she would probably lower the score of the first one, not raise the score of this. The number is just some arbitrary nonsense in the first place.
    No they don't these people have no right to demand anything other than what has already been written and produced.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Very much this. HBO saw a perfect opportunity. Pump in a few millions (pocket change to them), ramp up the hype, 100s of thousands (if not millions) of die hard DC fans subscribe to HBO for at least a month, 20% forget to cancel their subscription...profit.

It didn't matter that the movie wasn't going to be any better. Die hard DC fans will only see it as better and bad reviews will just be more evidence (in their minds) that the world is against their superior intelligence...

Eye-rolling, but HBO knows how to use these things to their advantage.

No they don't these people have no right to demand anything other than what has already been written and produced.
    "No they don't" what? Have a right to be unhappy with a movie? What a stupid thing to say.

(I'm looking at you, Hobbit trilogy).
    Problem with Hobbit trilogy was the studio, not the director.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately I will be boycotting this movie, people being unhappy (Offended) for no reason have contributed to this nonsense of studios being put up to rewrite scripts or movies people aren't happy with artistically.
    I'm not boycotting it, I just don't have to dedicate to a movie I already saw but longer. It's still the same movie at its core. I'm glad he got his cut out, it's just way too damn long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Very much this. HBO saw a perfect opportunity. Pump in a few millions (pocket change to them), ramp up the hype, 100s of thousands (if not millions) of die hard DC fans subscribe to HBO for at least a month, 20% forget to cancel their subscription...profit.

It didn't matter that the movie wasn't going to be any better. Die hard DC fans will only see it as better and bad reviews will just be more evidence (in their minds) that the world is against their superior intelligence...

Eye-rolling, but HBO knows how to use these things to their advantage.
    I mean there's no better time for them to do such a project anyway. People are at home streaming. The amount of new stuff coming out is low and editors are bored. Also they aren't directly competing with theater space with Marvel.

If anything it brings traffic to their other DC stuff, some of which is pretty good.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Problem with Hobbit trilogy was the studio, not the director.
    Yeah the studio asking for 3 films to be made from a short story was a big ask.

I'd argue Jackson obsessing over the failed experiment with the increased frame rate didn't help either. Compare how unnatural the cgi hobbit battles look compared to lord of the rings that had real hand crafted armor and actors.

On topic. You can add floorboards to a rotting house but I dunno why you would.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post

My interpretation of that score is that, while it's a better overall movie, the fact that it's twice as long makes it a worse return on investment.

A 4 hour movie shouldn't leave you with a feeling that it was fragmented.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Angryjoe gave it like a 9/10, and his opinion is really the only one that matters in this case.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz