Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Ben Affleck is an alright Batman, Jared Leto should make an awesome Joker.

Get at me
    I’d love to see a Leto joker with a good script. He sure as hell didn’t have it in Suicide Squad and I’m betting he gets minor glossed-over bits in this movie. Some cool meme worthy lines and he’s done.

I really feel like Snyder needs a partner, someone to work off of and reign him in when he goes off the deep end. First WW felt like 2/3 of a good movie Snyderized at the end. JL felt like a Snyder movie that someone tried to inject some fun and “these are super heroes” moments into. Right now I’m of the mindset that Whedon made the movie better. I’m up for being proven wrong, but I doubt that’ll happen. From what I read a few days ago there may be only about 30-60 minutes of footage from theatrical JL to Snyder JL.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’d love to see a Leto joker with a good script. He sure as hell didn’t have it in Suicide Squad and I’m betting he gets minor glossed-over bits in this movie. Some cool meme worthy lines and he’s done.

I really feel like Snyder needs a partner, someone to work off of and reign him in when he goes off the deep end. First WW felt like 2/3 of a good movie Snyderized at the end. JL felt like a Snyder movie that someone tried to inject some fun and “these are super heroes” moments into. Right now I’m of the mindset that Whedon made the movie better. I’m up for being proven wrong, but I doubt that’ll happen. From what I read a few days ago there may be only about 30-60 minutes of footage from theatrical JL to Snyder JL.
    I think what we'll need to see is the Whedon Cut of the Snyder cut :P
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

After all that said and done, I'd love to see Joss Whedon given carte blanche to make a JL movie.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Yeah,i enjoyed it,im not completly sure why the dislike for it is so high as i have not looked in to detailed reviews,but my suspicion is that the tone for the character is very different,they made the film like a batman film,and not the campy kind rather the dark brooding one
    yes, i think that's it, because it felt different enough from the superman avid fans are use to.

I'm not an avid fan, I haven't watched the majority of DC comics cartoons or films, so i wasn't annoyed at Superman's portrayal or the film's setting. however, i did pick up the very Batman'esque feel to it - but I don't hate the movie for that really, I mean a joint venture was always going to be in either Superman type brighter setting or the dark duskiness of batman, and as it's WB, I am not surprised at the dark feel - i mean look at their other titles.

I did notice a common strand amongst most of the critics on here's comments about them, which was basically - it didn't feel like the usual superman. But i really liked Cavil in this role and I really liked the effects.. tbh, they made Superman feel a lot more realistic yet still Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I did notice a common strand amongst most of the critics on here's comments about them, which was basically - it didn't feel like the usual superman.
    The shift in tone would have been fine if they hadn't pretended they weren't doing it by including the Inspiring Jor-El Voiceovers.™ I'm sure there are plenty of ways that a more downbeat Superman could have worked, but they would have all required competent storytellers. Not storytellers that think Pa Kent letting himself get killed by a tornado for no reason is comparable to having him die of natural causes (something Clark literally cannot prevent with all his power).
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-17 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    yes, i think that's it, because it felt different enough from the superman avid fans are use to.

I'm not an avid fan, I haven't watched the majority of DC comics cartoons or films, so i wasn't annoyed at Superman's portrayal or the film's setting. however, i did pick up the very Batman'esque feel to it - but I don't hate the movie for that really, I mean a joint venture was always going to be in either Superman type brighter setting or the dark duskiness of batman, and as it's WB, I am not surprised at the dark feel - i mean look at their other titles.

I did notice a common strand amongst most of the critics on here's comments about them, which was basically - it didn't feel like the usual superman. But i really liked Cavil in this role and I really liked the effects.. tbh, they made Superman feel a lot more realistic yet still Super.
    well if nothing else they did land the visuals and feeling of power,all the previous superman live action movies were otrocious looking when hes flying or doing stuff,in this one its convincing,and yeah tehnology and budget was much better for this movie....but...lets not forget...star wars originals and jurasik park still hold out today with its effects

well if nothing else they did land the visuals and feeling of power,all the previous superman live action movies were otrocious looking when hes flying or doing stuff,in this one its convincing,and yeah tehnology and budget was much better for this movie....but...lets not forget...star wars originals and jurasik park still hold out today with its effects
    Well Jurassic Park was made like 15 years after the Original Superman movie. And The original Star Wars Trilogy is actually comparably light on Special Effects. Mostly just spaceships flying through space. It's a lot easier to make a model spaceship look like it's flying through empty space than a living human flying through cities and country-sides.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The trailer literally has the Joker saying "We live in a society...."

I don't hold high hopes for anything from Zach Snyder....and I was okay with Man of Steel.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, people on the interwebz act like this 40 min extra footage will suddenly turn JL into a good movie. But last time I saw, it still shoves in a 3 new heroes w/o any prior background, CGI is abhorrent, everybody got a cube fixation etc. Bu hey, it has Darkseid, so it's a win, maybe?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-17 at 06:28 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Snyder DC films were OK. They were not great, and they had potential. Unfortunately, they never lived up to that potential. They could have done so much more with BvS, but didn't even have good special effects for Doomsday. WW, Aquaman, and Shazam have been the best of the DC movies so far, and, IMHO WW84 was mediocre at best.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Twice as long? Whats the run time on this movie supposed to be?
    That would make this movie 4h long. Snyder Cut was supposed to bring 40+ min extra footage. And you remove reshoots from the original, so I don't see it being any near this long.

But the main question is, will it have Super Lip???
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-17 at 06:58 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    DC have had a bunch of bad movies, but gonna watch it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Twice as long? Whats the run time on this movie supposed to be?
    4 hours.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/...our-hour-movie

More details continue to come out regarding Zack Snyder's Justice League, popularly known as the Snyder Cut. Snyder confirmed on Vero that his much talked about project will not be split up into a miniseries and will instead remain a movie with a whopping four-hour runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That would make this movie 4h long. Snyder Cut was supposed to bring 40+ min extra footage. And you remove reshoots from the original, so I don't see it being any near this long.

But the main question is, will it have Super Lip???
    The lip was 100% Joss Whedon. Everything of his is cut out. So no lip. Also at 4 hours that's more than 40 minutes of extra footage.

It's 120 minutes + the amount that's replacing the cut Joss Whedon contribution.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2021-02-17 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The lip was 100% Joss Whedon. Everything of his is cut out. So no lip. Also at 4 hours that's more than 40 minutes of extra footage.

It's 120 minutes + the amount that's replacing the cut Joss Whedon contribution.
    It's 4 hours long.

Joss Whedon's cut was 2 hours, because that was the maximum time WB allowed for the theatrical release. But there were hours of unused footage. Snyder's cut is assembled from that + the small amount of reshoots he was able to do when they decided to release the Snyder Cut.

https://collider.com/justice-league-...dget-revealed/

While some fans were surprised (and even upset) when it was revealed that the runtime for Justice League would be 1 hour and 59 minutes, it appears hitting that number was no accident. In a new report in the Wall Street Journal highlighting the difficult production of Justice League, it’s revealed that Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara made clear that he wanted the superhero movie to come in under two hours. The “mandate” of sorts came in the wake of the bloated 151-minute runtime of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice—which also has an “Ultimate Edition” that runs a full 30 minutes longer.
    https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...t-4-hours-why/

Going back to a direct comparison between Justice League theatrical cut and the Snyder Cut, literally hours of footage shot by Snyder was completely abandoned by the version that hit theaters. A major contributor to this was the studio-mandated two-hour runtime, which already ensured that huge chunks of Snyder footage was never going to make it into the studio-approved version. Once the reshoots were underway, the new footage filmed by Whedon was inevitably going to downsize the Snyder footage used in the theatrical cut even more.

Am I the only one bothered that it will be viewed in 4:3 aspect ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well Jurassic Park was made like 15 years after the Original Superman movie. And The original Star Wars Trilogy is actually comparably light on Special Effects. Mostly just spaceships flying through space. It's a lot easier to make a model spaceship look like it's flying through empty space than a living human flying through cities and country-sides.
    holy shit...jurassic park was that long after?jesus im getting old

holy shit...jurassic park was that long after?jesus im getting old
    Yup...1978 for Superman and 1993 for Jurassic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How are you going to manage that?
    If I watch it on HBO Max it will be a square: 4:3 aspect ratio. Like the trailer was.

I enjoyed Man of Steel. Not sure what people had against it.