Discord audio on stream

So I run a small wow guild, and many of us like to stream our raids on twitch, and some of those not currently playing like to watch through these streams. It’s worth noting that none of us are popular streamers, we have very low viewership, and generally only fellow members from our guild watch it with the occasional random person tuning in for a few minutes and then out again.

So, we’ve had a few requests from people that they do not want to have their voice be recorded on stream (through discord), but still would like to be a part of the raids and talk freely on discord. The main reason that stuck with me was someone was worried about their boss seeing them online talking shit, or whatever they were doing, and it having IRL consequences.

I’ve already been through some options, such as having those people who stream use virtual audio cable to mute discord on stream. But not everyone is knowledgeable enough or willing to set this up.

So my question is, what would you do? As an officer, it sort of falls on me to come up with a solution. Is this persons worries about their job justified? Should we just ban streaming audio? A lot of people enjoy hearing the banter, so would be upset by this aswell. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    You already have a solution. Virtual audio cable.

If people aren’t willing to do that, they need to stop streaming or leave the guild. If you don’t want to do that, tell people who don’t want their voices recorded to leave the guild or don’t talk.

You have two options. Pick one.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a former GM of one and now co-GM of another raiding guild, my personal solution would be to ask the streamers to stop streaming the raids, as the participants aren't 100% invested in the stream and dont want be involved, but ARE part of the guild and your progression - you already said the streams have very low viewership - it seems like a no-brainer to just not stream.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emote View Post
    I’ve already been through some options, such as having those people who stream use virtual audio cable to mute discord on stream. But not everyone is knowledgeable enough or willing to set this up.

So my question is, what would you do? As an officer, it sort of falls on me to come up with a solution. Is this persons worries about their job justified? Should we just ban streaming audio? A lot of people enjoy hearing the banter, so would be upset by this as well. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks
    Well then they better start studying to do it. It's their responsibility.

And of course the person's worries is justified. They didn't get any notification that their voice would be broadcasted when they joined the raiding guild as permanent members, so yes, they can totally say that they don't want it on a stream for whatever reason. It's disrespectful to continue streaming their voices if they say they don't want it.

On the other hand, if you don't tell your streamers to start respecting the fellow members, the people who don't want their voice broadcasted will start leaving your guild, which means the problem will sort itself out. I'm sure you are willing to let concerned people go away in favor of... streaming for random people.