Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The fuck they want a Lich King for? Isn't the Jailer aware that we killed one? What's he gonna do, mind control the Death Knights or something?
    They are getting lessons from George Lucas:

Anduin will not be a lich king >.> the patch is called chains of "domination" so i assume he will be under the control of the jailer ! someone just doesnt become a lich king that easy ! it will be a simple mind control that we will have to remove it from anduin possible fighting him in a raid as a boss (similar to jaina or mekatorque)

So it's true then. Girls are trying to find their dads when picking boyfriends. Taelia's father is the Lich King. Anduin will be the new Lich King. Both of them were good boys who were dragged into this. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Would rather call him the bitch king. Why is the writing soo bad now?
    Because it went downhill right after Legion. WoD was an outlier, but Legion was quite satisfying. BfA was a lore-clusterf* and Shadowlands is just the killing blow to Warcraft lore.

But... they needed to do something with Anduin. His character was incredibly boring and he served no purpose, his role as Alliance leader was laughable from the start and he's just an awful character. So making him Arthas 2.0 was the writing on the wall.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Because it went downhill right after Legion. WoD was an outlier, but Legion was quite satisfying. BfA was a lore-clusterf* and Shadowlands is just the killing blow to Warcraft lore.

But... they needed to do something with Anduin. His character was incredibly boring and he served no purpose, his role as Alliance leader was laughable from the start and he's just an awful character. So making him Arthas 2.0 was the writing on the wall.
    Arthas was great. Shifted between beeing good and evil. Anduin is seeing just light and the light is be with him blah blah blah. I think he would not end as Arthas ends. But yes he is boring and i think they want to turn him into bad guy? Anduin is and was a good boy with no scars. Lets make puppy big and bad than kill him? This sounds awful story.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    So are you in favour of him becoming the Lich King? He's going to suffer some pretty negative consequences. That's what I was saying before really, people have to wait a bit for this storyline to play out before judging it so harshly? I don't care either way really: I'm not invested in the story.
    Not really , because that would not be a consequence of his direct actions. He was just kidnapped by sylvanas , and that have nothing to do with his naivete,honnor or hope.
    For example: If he somehow managed to bring sylvanas on her knees , defeated , sparred her despite everything that she has done , beleiving that she could still be redeemed , turned his back to her and got stabbed by her when doing so and either died or left a crippled shadow of his former self permanently via some death plague bullshit , that would be a consequence of who he is : naive ,hopefull etc.

Not that i think that him becoming the LK will have ANY lasting consequenses for Anduin. He will just be mindcontrolled for a bit until we beat him up and return to normal, or he break free from the mind control by himself because he is just that good. Hell , he might even become even stronger afterward , being able to fully control life and death or some shit.

if he can shrug off a multi tons bell smashing all of the bones in his body when being a teenager and even have the gall to become even better because of that, he is pretty much invincible and nothing can stop him.
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2021-02-19 at 12:23 PM.

I would be happy to do away with this crybaby and this is not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Describe Anduin without saying what he looks like, what costume he wears, his profession, nor what his role is. Describe this character to your friends like they have never played WoW or Warcraft. You can't.

You can do that for characters like Han Solo (rogueish, arrogant, charming) or C3PO (prissy, scared, anal-retentive). You can't do that for Anduin. Anduin has NO personality. The writing is terrible.
    Anduin is a young man, trying to follow his father's very big footsteps while being not as interested in strong leading moreso than giving everyone a voice. His flaws laying in absolute naivety and focus ("you call for peace when it fits you, little lion") alienates his friends in multiple ways, some for not being strong enough and not standing up for losses he has to take responsibility for and some others for being too extreme in terms of redemption and "the end meets the means". He tries to flee from his responsabilities by roleplaying lesser people, living a simpler life, while doing the best he can do to hold all strings to gather and safe lives.

But oh no, that was so long. Okay.

He's naive, single-minded, altruistic, but definitely has too much responsibilities for his age.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Turning a character from good to evil and showing him in a few camera angles reminiscent of WC3 does not turn Anduin into a better character. If anything it makes him worse. Arthas was interesting not because he went from point A (good) to point B (evil) but because of the decisions he made that ultimately got him from A to B.
    Anduin doesn't make decisions. The morality of the writers dictates his actions. He's so ultimately good that only a godlike higher power can forcibly convert him but that only further reduces his character. He has absolutely no agency and this turn of events is just Blizzard's writing team admitting that they don't know how to deal with this shitty character they've created.

I was thinking he'd be the new jailer or something, not Lich King...we have one of those and he's not evul like Arthas, so.../shrug

I'm half expecting arthas to show up to save him and to have a timeline fucking up reveal he is arthas' son who varian took in after his child died in the crib and covered it up. Full on Soap Opera. The story never ends its just a constant string of alignment changes, betrayals, dodgy forced romances and shocking reveals to keep you tuning in.

All I got from this thread in the first few pages is that if a character has personality traits that you don't enjoy they don't have personality.

Weird hill to die on.

I dislike Andui because he's bland and boring. But he certainly have a personality as others have pointed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm half expecting arthas to show up to save him and to have a timeline fucking up reveal he is arthas' son who varian took in after his child died in the crib and covered it up. Full on Soap Opera. The story never ends its just a constant string of alignment changes, betrayals, dodgy forced romances and shocking reveals to keep you tuning in.
    Thing that bugs me that in the leaked concept art for Anduin is basically arthas face. So it wouldn't surprise me they do that twist, though I don't get the point except another shock value.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    though I don't get the point except another shock value.
    Thats literally going to be the sum of it. Gasp, clap and tweet about it.

Get ready for Sylvanas to become the super saiyan god super kyrian and replace the arbiter as the judge of all souls or something. Its Legacy of the Void all the way down from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dark View Post
    So it's true then. Girls are trying to find their dads when picking boyfriends. Taelia's father is the Lich King. Anduin will be the new Lich King. Both of them were good boys who were dragged into this. Typical.
    To be fair the same applies to men. Which is where the momma's boi and the daughter-in-law that isn't good enouth in the eyes of mom comes from. Similar but different personalities clashing, same applies to the hard ass father in law.

That isn't going so hot right now with all the single parent households that doesn't have the another parent for context in healthy relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Describe Anduin without saying what he looks like, what costume he wears, his profession, nor what his role is. Describe this character to your friends like they have never played WoW or Warcraft. You can't.

You can do that for characters like Han Solo (rogueish, arrogant, charming) or C3PO (prissy, scared, anal-retentive). You can't do that for Anduin. Anduin has NO personality. The writing is terrible.
    Hopeful (for the future), optimistic (for peaceful resolutions), doubtful (about his skill as a leader). As of the latest book: determined in his hunt for Sylvanas, wicked (in his justification of any means necessary interrogation by Alleria and Turalyon).

I get the point you’re trying to make, but you’re kind of wrong.

All I got from this thread in the first few pages is that if a character has personality traits that you don't enjoy they don't have personality.

Weird hill to die on.

I dislike Andui because he's bland and boring. But he certainly have a personality as others have pointed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing that bugs me that in the leaked concept art for Anduin is basically arthas face. So it wouldn't surprise me they do that twist, though I don't get the point except another shock value.
    This. You can definitely argue Anduin is boring because the worst you can say about Anduin is he is "naive" -- he doesn't have a particularly relatable persona for me, as he is unbelievably hopeful. He certainly lacks complexity, and I think what a lot of these people are trying to get at with "WRITING BAD KEKW" is that the writing is shallow -- conflicts tends to be pretty superficial in WoW in terms of character conflict, and pretty quickly resolved with a bow on it.

"I'm a bad king."
    "Just kidding I'm not."

^That's a pretty typical WoW character conflict. Journeys tend to wrap up very quickly. When they don't -- I point to Jaina for this, who's been on an incredible character arc since Cataclysm that resolved in the beginning of BfA -- those stories are a lot more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Hopeful (for the future), optimistic (for peaceful resolutions), doubtful (about his skill as a leader). As of the latest book: determined in his hunt for Sylvanas, wicked (in his justification of any means necessary interrogation by Alleria and Turalyon).

I get the point you’re trying to make, but you’re kind of wrong.
    Thats mostly because the average (horde)wow player has the personality of a 40k Ork boy. For example: red is ˈbeʔə. Umies are weak, more spikes means more ˈbeʔə.

While i agree with them that anduin and by extention the alliance is as bland as the colour beige. Anduin personality is consistant and discribable as people have proven, then again he is a carbon copy of Valerian Mensk down to his hairstyle outfit and bone structure.

Weird hill to die on.

- - - Updated - - -

I love that you said this because I thought the same things.

I’m interested to see where this goes.

I don’t think whatever happens to Anduin will be permanent. There’s literally a powerful Naaru on hand in Revendreth who could possible reverse what happens to him.

Also, the Armor and Shal’amane are forged and are for sure supposed to make you think Anduin but I see Arthas face there. We know Maw is a place where the Jailer uses all sorts of tricks to torment you. If I were the Jailer and could not break Anduin, I wouldn’t let my enemies know hope still exists, Anduin is hope incarnate after all. So what I would do is make people think I corrupted him. Then I would place a powerful soul like Arthas in the armor. Attempting to mentally break my enemies resolve making them believe their leader is gone, and installing a powerful warrior in his stead who is used to commanding the power of a Mourneblade.

And if it is Anduin who is turned. I think we gonna let him sip on some Holy light in Revrendreth till he feels better.

I think our encounter with Sylvanas may even involve a fight with her and Anduin. Where they are beaten and then before we kill either they instead decide to help us and turn on the Jailer. And we are all friends by the end of Shadowlands.

And then everything changes when the Fire Nation attacks and only the Avatar......

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Then those people deserve it imho, because i don't know why people cares about crap lore since eons ago. Even for future content.
    I'm always baffled by the "writing has gotten so bad" and "they ruined the lore" crowd... Like, what did you expect when you invested into this game?

At its very inception, Warcraft was an un-original plagiarization of table-top Warhammer from die hard Warhammer fans who couldn't get the rights. At its potentially most interesting (WC3 maybe?), the story was still a slapped-together ass pull of "Undead are a thing now, because Legion decided after 15,000 YEARS they'd try this now" because again, the creators wanted to pull in other thematic elements without really caring about the how or the why. Fast forward to Old Gods, Odyn/Thorim/Loken/Valkyr(ie), and an entire expansion made out of memes... and its apparent that story isn't why Warcraft works and never has been.

Warcraft works because, like Warhammer, its an excuse to pit your personally painted action figures against one another, except instead of it being on a table top you get to run through a 3D version of some very talented artists' Artstation accounts. The story is comicbooks - serves the base purpose of gathering those elements together so you can see cool set pieces and fights happen. It's only "writing" the same way that elevator music is its own art form... and yet, every now and then when you're on the way up to see your accountant you hear an absolute banger that's stuck in your head all day. It isn't Good©, but at the same time there are dozens of people who make six figures a year just talking about WoW's story because somewhere out there, a lot of people do care.

Anduin the new Lich King.....sound ridicoulous...but is better that "Sylvanas the new Lich King".Anduin is so sad...a very sad character...i would prefer that he die and warriors get the weapon skin varian´s armor,would be nice..