Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    You can still do that if you want. You're not forced to use your existing high level character if you don't want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    And people still get to do that since the boost is only once per account?

Sounds like the best of both worlds. Walk into Outland day one and and also level from 1.

okay, i should have clarified that i meant fresh servers WITHOUT the char-trans, that is what i meant with "fresh servers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tanduita View Post
    okay, i should have clarified that i meant fresh servers WITHOUT the char-trans, that is what i meant with "fresh servers"
    Sounds like a massive change to me. It didn't work like that the first time the game launched. I think that we should avoid changing things that alter the authentic experience too much.
    Most players transitioned into TBC with a high level character.

Considering the rate of attrition and the fact that BC ended with three million more subs than it started, this is unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Sounds like a massive change to me. It didn't work like that the first time the game launched. I think that we should avoid changing things that alter the authentic experience too much.
    not really, it did work exactly like that, fresh servers without transfer were launched

By the way, as for how they would communicate possible fresh TBC realms:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizz
    I think it might be helpful to note that what we’re now calling WoW Classic Era realms start at Level 1
    Because someone was worried earlier in the thread that two different kind of realms would be confusing for players. It's not, it's really simple. "Start at level 1".

I'm confident that we will get fresh realms, the only question is when. I'm sure they will try to delay the announcement as good as they can, just so the current playerbase doesn't consider unsubbing till release. Just look how people are leveling alts like crazy now, I'm sure a good portion wouldn't if fresh realms were on the horizon.

Then, 2 weeks before release, they'll announce 1-2 fresh TBC realms due to "popular demand", when they're done milking the squirrel players.

And if that doesn't happen (because the boosts are still too lucrative for them), then I guess we will have to wait until they reset TBC in 2 years, just like they intend to offer fresh classic realms at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanduita View Post
    not really, it did work exactly like that, fresh servers without transfer were launched
    Yes, due to the fact that the population was growing and that's exactly how they should handle it this time too. If the existing servers are all full they should add additional ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should make everyone start new/fresh at level 1 and work to 70
    going from 60-70 is "ok" but people will hit 70 in days or less and i dont think thats good
    and they are going to offer a 58 toon boost?yeah...
    im just old school i played it live and played on private servers for years
    when people get board or run out of things to do they quit
    i dont want to see blizz rush pvp seasons or push raiding to soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    By the way, as for how they would communicate possible fresh TBC realms:

Because someone was worried earlier in the thread that two different kind of realms would be confusing for players. It's not, it's really simple. "Start at level 1".

I'm confident that we will get fresh realms, the only question is when. I'm sure they will try to delay the announcement as good as they can, just so the current playerbase doesn't consider unsubbing till release. Just look how people are leveling alts like crazy now, I'm sure a good portion wouldn't if fresh realms were on the horizon.

Then, 2 weeks before release, they'll announce 1-2 fresh TBC realms due to "popular demand", when they're done milking the squirrel players.

And if that doesn't happen (because the boosts are still too lucrative for them), then I guess we will have to wait until they reset TBC in 2 years, just like they intend to offer fresh classic realms at some point.
    it all has to line up!think of pvp seasons... cant have one server on s2 and another on s1 and meet in a bg....

a few fresh tbc servers would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    Yeah I mean it’s a slightly nice perk, but in order to even make 20g per run off of vendoring bandages you would need to collect 500 cloth per run which isn’t even close to the amount you’re actually getting. How much would you get per run? 20? 40 maybe?
    What ?
    20 runecloth bandage is 2 gold at the vendor. You'd need only 40 cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    What ?
    20 runecloth bandage is 2 gold at the vendor. You'd need only 40 cloth.
    How does this math add up? 20 bandages are 2g, you need 2 cloth per bandage, 40 cloth gets you 20 bandages.... so how does 20 bandages get you 20g lol

Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    How does this math add up? 20 bandages are 2g, you need 2 cloth per bandage, 40 cloth gets you 20 bandages.... so how does 20 bandages get you 20g lol
    It doesn't, I'm just a donkey who forgot a zero /facewall

correct me if im wrong, but if tbc will get alot of new players with a small goldbag then the rich players cant use their overpriced prices because no one can afford this so the prices will drop

The only reason i will play tbc is beacuse i do NOT have to level through classic... it is just way to tedious for me to do that again... like... there is no fun in it at all. I tried. And i gave up. Twice in vanilla is enough...

I will use the boost on my druid and start playing. IF the ecconomy is wrecked because i have no way of catching up i will quit again because i do not want to compete with the moneybags and i am also not interested in farming 5 hours to be able to buy one flask.

Too much capital in the market right now probably.

If i don't have to take leatherworking for drum (highly unlikly) i will take alchemy and herbs so i don't have to praticipate in the market at all.
    But the market players will probably buy up every last gem and set the price so high the normal player is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but if tbc will get alot of new players with a small goldbag then the rich players cant use their overpriced prices because no one can afford this so the prices will drop
    The new players will be a minority. There are plently of sweaty nerds (as classic has proved) who will farm gold nonstop on their prot paladins etc. Prices will remain high for a long time, especially on all the tailoring gear, until all the desperate demand has been met. Consumes will remain high, just like it has during Naxx. The prices of Mongoose Elixirs have only gone up since launch on my server, setting new records in Naxx. Partly due to demand increasing but also because people generally started to print gold from various gold farms later on in classic.

The new players wont be able to keep up unless they start sweating gold too.

New TBC realms would be great. I watched some streamers play on the new private server where the XP was x8. They leveled really fast, and too fast IMO, but if it was maybe x2 I think the "drag" from 1-58 wouldnt be too bad, especially coupled with the buff to quests/nerf to XP req. that happened during TBC.
    Last edited by RainBoi; 2021-03-02 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha thats hilarious. OMG NO CHANGES PLX. And now OH NO MAKE FRESH SERVERS GAME IS A MESS. ><

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Haha thats hilarious. OMG NO CHANGES PLX. And now OH NO MAKE FRESH SERVERS GAME IS A MESS. ><
    Imagine learning from your mistakes. Oh the horror!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    Imagine learning from your mistakes. Oh the horror!
    Imagine to know that the game need some changes before hard stoping doin any. That was so obvious classic need some fixes. Most actual changes maded or goin to be made in TBC were talked about in early stage months before classic goes online >< But all were undone by #nochanges hardstopin rule.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-03-02 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Imagine to know that the game need some changes before hard stoping doin any. That was so obvious classic need some fixes. Most actual changes maded or goin to be made in TBC were talked about in early stage months before classic goes online >< But all were undone by #nochanges hardstopin rule.
    A lot of people thought the game was great as it was - The only way to find out if #nochanges held true in 2020/2021 was to actually play the game. We did, and we learned #nochanges sucked arse.

It is OK to learn from your mistakes and take a different stance on things. Imagine if your view on things never changed throughout your life. Damn son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    A lot of people thought the game was great as it was - The only way to find out if #nochanges held true in 2020/2021 was to actually play the game. We did, and we learned #nochanges sucked arse.

It is OK to learn from your mistakes and take a different stance on things. Imagine if your view on things never changed throughout your life. Damn son.
    I mean. Most of us knew that the game need some changes before classic was realesed >< I mean we did learned on vanilla mistakes and want some changes. We predicted this before rest realize those changes needs to be done. Im just laughin on #nochangers now as they laughed at me.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-03-02 at 01:32 PM.

Basiclly theres bunch of people in here who are going like "well i sat on my butt whole classic and others have more than me so lets restart everyone.Then what?those filthy casuals feel like they can play and quit few months later when they realize they will actually need to farm some stuff to raid kek...imagine even asking for that kinda change,what kinda person you actually have to be to say "he has more than me so wipe it all"....I dont have more than 1k on classic atm and if someone has 100k gold I dont care,it doesnt effect me one bit.I need gear?I'll PLAY the game and do dungeons/raid.I need mats?I'll go and get them

How pathetic are some of you,really.Some people put effort and some of you want that wiped...