Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Firstly, nice seeing you back. Secondly, I was definitely expecting and hoping for this, too. It does seem like it's opening an interesting future for the Alliance, whether it be stronger leadership or zealous aggression.
    This should have happened 4 years ago, when Alleria and Turalyon returned from Argus.

I have been saying for years that one of the two would end up leading Stormwind and the Alliance, it's just natural. They are the most grizzled war veterans the Alliance has, as they have been fighting non-stop on distant worlds for centuries.

You can expect the Alliance to be more competent now that it is no longer led by a naive little child.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

He's not dead nor turned, the Jailer is using the power of Domination on him, suppressing all of his thought. he forcefully put chains on him and binded him with the sword to have an hold on his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This should have happened 4 years ago, when Alleria and Turalyon returned from Argus.

I have been saying for years that one of the two would end up leading Stormwind and the Alliance, it's just natural. They are the most grizzled war veterans the Alliance has, as they have been fighting non-stop on distant worlds for centuries.

You can expect the Alliance to be more competent now that it is no longer led by a naive little child.
    I honestly would have potentially preferred Anduin simply developing and becoming a stronger but still peaceful leader, but it does make far more sense to put a guy who's actually thousands of years old and simultaneously represents humanity as the face of the Alliance.

I am wondering if he'll turn zealous, though. It does seem like they might be setting up a paradigm shift in the usual Alliance-Horde aggression dynamic with Turalyon outright saying he wants to reclaim lost Alliance territories and certain comments in Battle for Azeroth indicating the the Lightforged are really itching for brainwashing prisoners. I assume the Lightforged are going to be a bit of an issue, since they're a coterie of people who have spent the last 520,000 years (accounting for time dilation) fighting a relentless war with very justified black-and-white morality at the center of it all.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As I have predicted for a long time, Anduin won't be returning as King of Stormwind.

Turalyon is the King now. He will remain the King.

It is not a coincidence that Turalyon has the support of the House of Nobles.

It is not a coincidence that Turalyon was chosen as Regent right when Anduin is corrupted by dark magic.

It is not a coincidence that Anduin is twisted by fetid Death magic.

When Anduin returns to the world of Azeroth, he will be shunned by his own people, and Turalyon will become supreme King of Stormwind, with Alleria at his side. The future is set in stone. This is one of the easiest things to predict.

Undead or not, Anduin is inextricably morphed by insidious dark magic. The House of Nobles, and the people, will NOT ignore nor tolerate that.
    Varian was split in two by dark magic and had a rather public showcasing of it with him even fighting with him self, the people/nobles don’t get any say in who gets to be king dark magic or not.

I honestly would have potentially preferred Anduin simply developing and becoming a stronger but still peaceful leader, but it does make far more sense to put a guy who's actually thousands of years old and simultaneously represents humanity as the face of the Alliance.

I am wondering if he'll turn zealous, though. It does seem like they might be setting up a paradigm shift in the usual Alliance-Horde aggression dynamic with Turalyon outright saying he wants to reclaim lost Alliance territories and certain comments in Battle for Azeroth indicating the the Lightforged are really itching for brainwashing prisoners. I assume the Lightforged are going to be a bit of an issue, since they're a coterie of people who have spent the last 520,000 years (accounting for time dilation) fighting a relentless war with very justified black-and-white morality at the center of it all.
    I don't think Turalyon will become a villain, since Blizzard can already use Yrel as a Light-themed villain, but on the off-chance that this does happen then I wonder what kind of role Alleria will play in all of this.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    It was actually on the plaque on the pedestal which read: "Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit." Muradin was the one that read the inscription. But yes, it took his soul.
    The dreadlord arthas talks to at the start of the undead campaign also confirms that his soul was the first the blade claimed.

I don't think Turalyon will become a villain, since Blizzard can already use Yrel as a Light-themed villain, but on the off-chance that this does happen then I wonder what kind of role Alleria will play in all of this.
    Well, it depends on how much Turalyon's led by zealotry and how much he's led by any residual hatred for the Horde. If it's more about reclaiming Alliance territories, Alleria would probably be on board. She always struck me as kind of cynical, and I could imagine her being all for aggressive expansion, especially since Quel'Thalas was a former Alliance territory and therefore ripe for a quick re-invitation backed up by overwhelming force.

Well if Warcraft was WELL WRITTEN, Turalyon would usurp the reign over Stormwind (and the alliance, because warcraft writting will never be that well written to separate the rule of stormwind and the rule of alliance as a whole), for the greater good of holy light, making the alliance finally interesting.
    And maybe then we could finally have the stormwind siege raid?

Well, it depends on how much Turalyon's led by zealotry and how much he's led by any residual hatred for the Horde. If it's more about reclaiming Alliance territories, Alleria would probably be on board. She always struck me as kind of cynical, and I could imagine her being all for aggressive expansion, especially since Quel'Thalas was a former Alliance territory and therefore ripe for a quick re-invitation backed up by overwhelming force.
    I don't necessarily think Quel'Thalas will be invaded, since Blizzard would have to rebuild it from scratch to allow flying, but Blizzard is clearly setting something up here. Turalyon mentioned how he seeks to reclaim former Alliance holdings like they did with Stromgarde (which Turalyon personally reclaimed in battle). This isn't a coincidence. Since Quel'Thalas is off-limits due to the TBC gameplay barrier, the Alliance might seek to reclaim Alterac (which is in Forsaken hands, as per the War Table missions), Stratholme, Andorhal, or even the Ruins of Lordaeron themselves. In any case, I'm guessing Alleria will be more focused in trying to find out why the whispers have worsened after N'Zoth's defeat (another plotline Blizzard has set up, Alleria laments how, despite the Old God's fall, the whispers have WORSENED instead of improving).

I don't necessarily think Quel'Thalas will be invaded, since Blizzard would have to rebuild it from scratch to allow flying, but Blizzard is clearly setting something up here. Turalyon mentioned how he seeks to reclaim former Alliance holdings like they did with Stromgarde (which Turalyon personally reclaimed in battle). This isn't a coincidence. Since Quel'Thalas is off-limits due to the TBC gameplay barrier, the Alliance might seek to reclaim Alterac (which is in Forsaken hands, as per the War Table missions), Stratholme, Andorhal, or even the Ruins of Lordaeron themselves. In any case, I'm guessing Alleria will be more focused in trying to find out why the whispers have worsened after N'Zoth's defeat (another plotline Blizzard has set up, Alleria laments how, despite the Old God's fall, the whispers have WORSENED instead of improving).
    It would be kind of interesting to see an evil Alliance going around on a full-blown crusade against the Horde and being the villains for once. Alterac and Andorhal seem most realistic, but Lordaeron and Stratholme seem far more vital and interesting places to invade, so Blizzard would likely go for the latter.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Well if Warcraft was WELL WRITTEN, Turalyon would usurp the reign over Stormwind (and the alliance, because warcraft writting will never be that well written to separate the rule of stormwind and the rule of alliance as a whole), for the greater good of holy light, making the alliance finally interesting.
    And maybe then we could finally have the stormwind siege raid?
    It wouldn’t at all be good writing to have him usurp any thing. Even ignoring that the other alliance leaders wouldn’t back it the people of stormwind wouldn’t either as they love anduin because he’s a caring leader unlike varian who had a track record of abusing the commoners for his own war goals. There’s no way the common people would want to go back to a war focused leader and throw anduin to the side.

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm more interested to see if we're going to get a fight between Jailer-possessed Anduin and Varian. Got a feeling Varian might have ended up in Maldraxxus.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Nobody likes bitch boy and him going down with the screecher is a service to the franchise
    If SL ends with both Mary Sue's disappearing forever and ever, the story will be redeemed in my eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    it would be a strange irony that the only human royalties left are the Trollbanes and the Greymanes, both of them seceded from the Alliance after the Second War
    It's the kind of irony I could stand for. RL history is full of such episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If SL ends with both Mary Sue's disappearing forever and ever, the story will be redeemed in my eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the kind of irony I could stand for. RL history is full of such episodes.
    Well, it makes sense. War is taxing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    He has more plot armor than Thrall and all of Warcraft cast combined, bro. He is not going to die and he is alive in the comics being a fucking grampa at 110 years old. I hate Christie Golden and her absolutely terrible writing.
    While I largely agree with this, the comic in question has been soft retconned to being just a possibility among many others iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I love how people legitimately think Christie Golden is some kind of horrible hyperfeminist society-destroying monster who's going to turn the whole thing into a cesspit of non-toxic masculinity when she's been writing for Blizzard since Rise of the Horde. She's been here forever and the writing's never been particularly good.

Idk, during the voice actor stream i almost choked on my coffee... regarding what they were spinning as Anduins childhood story.
    I mean, if not even the writers know his story in WoW we are really screwed.

The Anduin voice actor claimed that Anduin grew up sheltered... and Danuser was sitting right next to him not saying a word.
    What the actual fuck!?!!?!? Anduin was never sheltered. He spend most of his childhood without parents, his mother dead, his father vanished,
    next to scheming aunty Onyxia.

How can they turn this upbringing into "sheltered" to justify his stupidity (naivity)? The hell.

I always assumed he was gay, and shot down all of his suitors because he didnt have the nerve to come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Idk, during the voice actor stream i almost choked on my coffee... regarding what they were spinning as Anduins childhood story.
    I mean, if not even the writers know his story in WoW we are really screwed.

The Anduin voice actor claimed that Anduin grew up sheltered... and Danuser was sitting right next to him not saying a word.
    What the actual fuck!?!!?!? Anduin was never sheltered. He spend most of his childhood without parents, his mother dead, his father vanished,
    next to scheming aunty Onyxia.

How can they turn this upbringing into "sheltered" to justify his stupidity (naivity)? The hell.
    I would argue he was sheltered. As the last of the Wrynn line with his father vanished and his mother dead due to 3rd-party machinations it makes sense that the Stormwind nobility would keep Anduin secured and out of sight - a situation that also served Onyxia's ends. Not quite the stereotypical version of what we think of as "sheltered," but the outcome would generally be the same. Anduin definitely had no adventures to speak of until he became older, around Cata/MoP.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Manduin and Wrathion adopt a baby orc?