Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If people are interested in TBCC they absolutely have to level through vanilla. It is mandatory. This change ruins TBCC. It makes the game absolute garbage. The tourists ruined Classic. We don't need them back again.
    The tourists ruined classic? No the botters and increasing price to play even in a semi-hardcore guild is what ruined classic...

Unexpected but very welcome change. It’s a one time thing and won’t affect the new races. I’d argue they managed to hit the sweet spot with this. Give people a chance to reroll or hit the ground running while not allowing it to be overdone or abused. This is honestly perfect as far as I’m concerned.

A paied boost to 58 would be horrible and will be very unwelcoming to anyone who wasnt intrested in Classic but is intrested in TBC. In all honesty anyone should be able to create atleast 1 blue geared lvl 60 to jump into TBC with and the people who played classic should have the option to move on to TBC as they have been.

As soon as i heard boost i started hearing the whispers of Bobby fucking Cotick and his minions whispering in the background.

So glad for this boost, didnt play vanilla classic but will certainly happily pay for this boost and play BC classic.

Great, it means I can jump straight into playing TBC instead of suffering through classic.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    tokens are a great idea hell yeah,hopefuly both classic and tbc will have them further down the line
    Token that can only be bought, not sold, wouldn't be bad at this point honestly. Might drain some money out of the economy.

But the big thing is, like how the boost doesn't work the same as in retail, the token can't work the same either. Again, only be bought. The game auto-generates tokens and sets an arbitrary stable price for them. Like let's say 10k for a token. The money spent goes out of the economy, not to another player.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This is BS. Glad I finished it with classic before all the GDKP shitstorm arrived. Guess it's about time to wrap it up. 30 years was a fine unforgettable ride, Blizzard. Here we part.

7+ Year Old Account
    i still would have liked to see a token system on classic
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Absolutely splendid change. I levelled a few 60’s, characters I wanted to play in Classic. These aren’t the same characters I want to play in TBC, and rather than having to level once again, I can use this service.

I also have a couple of buddies who were waiting just in case TBC launches. They played back in the day and know the score, and now they can join me. These are good people who, because of this option, will enrich the TBC community.

Bravo, Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    This makes it easy for mybwife to jump back in and play with me. Bc was whem she started and she hated leveling classic. So now she can run into hfp along with me from day one. Im for it.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

"If people are interested in TBCC they absolutely have to level through vanilla. It is mandatory. This change ruins TBCC. It makes the game absolute garbage. The tourists ruined Classic. We don't need them back again."

First off tourist didn't ruin classic. I doubt you played much of it if that is your takeaway. There are a number of things that "ruined" classic. For instance the #nochanges probably had the most significant impact on what "ruined" classic. Example, one change that could have been made that would have preserved some of the originals feel would have been something that prevented the mage boosting and farming that basically kills the most important parts of original WoW.
    In fact since it seems they're not gonna do anything about the economy going into TBC it looks like this example is gonna have even more impact because the economy is completely busted now.
    Last edited by DeltaLimaCharlie; 2021-02-20 at 01:01 AM.

This is a great feature, both Blizzard and Botters can make money together and ruin the servers just like on retail.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    So many salty mage booster/bot boosters mad over these changes, i welcome it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The bad thing is you have to pay to keep your character on vanilla if you also want to do BC with that character.

Cringe level greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart addition IMO. A lot of people that were interested in Classic wound up leaving early due to how grindy leveling could be. Not having a jump to BC would likely turn off a lot of players that would love to just come back and see the BC content. And given that it's only one per account, it's not like this will be the end all of leveling.

The one thing I find a bit weird (though I understand it) is blocking out Draenei & Blood Elves from that boost. If the goal is to get people to the new content, there's not a great reason I can see to restrict those races out of it, especially as they each have one class that the rest of their faction does not.

OP deliberately leaves out important information, so he can try and make a flame thread.

Abandons thread after first post.

surprised_pikachu.png

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will be free
    your lips to Gods ears, i didnt cant the stream - but that is the deciding factor if i level to 70 lol
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

It's exactly like Retail level boosts and will have the same amount of impact on the game. Which is to say; Little to none. People will be really mad about it for awhile then slowly forget that it exists at all.

I think it's totally fine. It gives people the opportunity to roll a new class without spending weeks leveling or thousands of gold boosting which in turn just gave the gold sellers more business. I won't be using it myself as the only things I want to roll in BC are Belf Pally/Lock, I'm very very happy that they're letting us roll them in pre-patch to get caught up for Launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post

The one thing I find a bit weird (though I understand it) is blocking out Draenei & Blood Elves from that boost. If the goal is to get people to the new content, there's not a great reason I can see to restrict those races out of it, especially as they each have one class that the rest of their faction does not.

That's kind of the point if you want to emulate the TBC-experience. The mass re-roll of Paladins and Shaman was a key dynamic of the expansion after all. It seems they intend to add the races to the pre-patch to lessen the impact, but this massive wave of Belfs flowing throughout the world will still be a thing to behold. It's quite the sacrifice when there is a brand new world to explore and everyone in your guild is doing fresh dungeons while you Judge + Auto Attack around in Silvermoon Forest.

As for the boosts in general, well I guess most saw the monetization angle coming. Yes there will be abuse from pseudo-whales with a dozen accounts, but those will be the minority of the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleriol View Post
    A paied boost to 58 would be horrible and will be very unwelcoming
    I see exactly 0 reasons from all the complainers as to why this is a bad thing. Anyone care to give it a shot?
    Keep in mind that each account can do this only once.