Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    So you dont know what you are talking about.

It was a 15% XP reduction from 20-60
    Quests also gave more XP.
    And as you Said a lot of elite/group quests were nerfed.
    Dungeons in vanilla was nerfed and dropped better loot.

If you cant see how much of an impact this does.......

I lvled most of my characters in TBC after the XP patch and it was like flying.
    And I levelled characters both before and after the TBC nerf, and before and after every subsequent change too.

This magical "super fast" that you talk about didn't exist. The TBC nerf helped yes, but it wasn't anywhere close to making it super fast, it was still a shit multi-day experience until Cataclysm implemented the quest overhaul.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I still don't understand why anyone is upset. Players got what they want, now they are mad that people who ONLY WANT TO PLAY TBC get to play ONLY TBC? Sounds petty.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBrood View Post
    I still don't understand why anyone is upset. Players got what they want, now they are mad that people who ONLY WANT TO PLAY TBC get to play ONLY TBC? Sounds petty.
    Some people consider that back then TBC was an actual expansion, meaning the 1-60 world was still relevant and part of the experience. They are unhappy with the way it's now packaged as a contained thing like retail expansions, which are more seasonal content.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    Good. None of my friends that are adults would jobs would be able to level in under 3 months and I'd have to wait for them. By then half the game would be cleared.

FFS I'm a purist and even I know restarting for new people is a bad idea. If you wanna do boring classic pve more play classic.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Some people consider that back then TBC was an actual expansion, meaning the 1-60 world was still relevant and part of the experience. They are unhappy with the way it's now packaged as a contained thing like retail expansions, which are more seasonal content.
    How is a one time boost ruining the world for them. Its not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    How is a one time boost ruining the world for them. Its not obligatory.
    Less people to play with for a part of the content. Also, I've seen multiple persons who consider it a bit of a waste to "skip" content instead of improving it or making it faster, which would have been another option for Blizzard.

Good boost, if it werent for this none of my friend would play TBC classic now i will be able to play with my friends again.

3+ Year Old Account
    Less people to play with for a part of the content. Also, I've seen multiple persons who consider it a bit of a waste to "skip" content instead of improving it or making it faster, which would have been another option for Blizzard.
    Less ppl to level with but more ppl to playwith on max level where you will spend most of the time played.

I am fine with the boosts and mount level 30 is a TBC thing so...

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    And I levelled characters both before and after the TBC nerf, and before and after every subsequent change too.

This magical "super fast" that you talk about didn't exist. The TBC nerf helped yes, but it wasn't anywhere close to making it super fast, it was still a shit multi-day experience until Cataclysm implemented the quest overhaul.
    I'll see if I can find my screenshot of my Paladin I lvled during 2.3. It took me around 2 days and 10~ hours to get to lvl 60. Solo questing, almost no dungeons. Compare that to lvling up a paladin to 60 today even with dungeon spamming.

It's "super fast". I'm an altoholic and the only time I really played WoW before Classic was Vanilla->TBC->Most of WLK. Majority of that time was on alts in vanilla and TBC. The change is huge, which you'll see when it comes

elaborate on how it actually affects your own, personal, wow experience. if you just pretend the boosts and mount dont exist, i promise you wont even notice. it will feel like people had characters ready to go at 58 in time for the release. The sooner you get over that it wont be exactly TBC the sooner you can just focus on playing the game, or not.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let's be real here, I'm leveling in classic right now with my friends and all I see in trade chat and LFG channel are people selling boosts for SM and Mara and I'm getting whispered to buy ZG boosts everyday. No one is leveling in classic as people are just buying boosts as no one wants to quest. May as well give everyone a free 58 boost with the launch of classic TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Let's be real here, I'm leveling in classic right now with my friends and all I see in trade chat and LFG channel are people selling boosts for SM and Mara and I'm getting whispered to buy ZG boosts everyday. No one is leveling in classic as people are just buying boosts as no one wants to quest. May as well give everyone a free 58 boost with the launch of classic TBC.
    Of course! But if Blizzard fixed the boost meta, which would drive all these people back to normal quests&dungeons, wouldn't that be more faithful to what developers had in mind back then?
    Beyond the boost, I'm also thinking about the people who won't buy boosts (whether by ethic or because of the price). Their leveling experience should be fixed, the boost meta is far from the original spirit.
    Last edited by Koward; 2021-03-14 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well, people asked for it. Player behaviour shapes the game and Classic is rife with players paying for boosts already, just with gold.

"But muh journey!" was never going to fly for long once the people spouting the idea the most did dungeon grind to 60.
    Dungeon grind was mainly prevalent at SM+ and even then majority of the server leveled normally.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    This magical "super fast" that you talk about didn't exist. The TBC nerf helped yes, but it wasn't anywhere close to making it super fast
    You're just arguing semantics now.

TBC leveling *IS* a whole lot faster than vanilla leveling, both with the 10-60 EXP nerf and the tons and tons of new quests added. The difference is night and day. As the other guy said, you can get to 60 in just 2 1/2 days /played, and that's just solo questing with few dungeons. If you spammed dungeons you could probably hit 60 in under 2 days /played.