Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    Thank god. i HATE classic gameplay (love the memories) BC is when it started for me but i don't want to go through that shit as a druide healer again. It is sooooooo boring. And i am not alone.
    You allready will wrekc everyone coming back to the game with your thousands of gold where no one has a change in hell to catch up or get a foot in the economy ever. Fighting for scraps or farming grinding for a year to buy a flask.

This is good for BC. Sucks for you. Won't miss you.

and it has no effect on you other than more players to play with....

its the only thing that will get me to play tbc classic honestly
    the leveling in classic is a broken grind but TBC leveling was actually more bearable

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had so many friends that quit playing between level 10 and 40 that would probably play TBC with the boost available.

Leveling in TBC still takes time, but the number only being 12 levels is psychologically a lot easier to digest.

I think people need to understand that a lot of people just want to experience each classic 'experience' in their own way, and going forward it makes absolute sense to give people the option to omit the previous expansions leveling process from the equation. Again, when Vanilla was released all that time ago the leveling was still part of the overall experience (even in TBC and WoTLK), but we've since moved on from that. The experiences are now episodic renewals of each timeline and you can literally go back and experience them in the place in time at anytime you wish.

For all the small 'bad' things that come from this one time boost the good far outweighs the bad. While I have doubts TBC Classic will be as popular as the initial Classic launch, it's still going to be incredibly popular. What the boost allows is for an overall bigger community at the end of the day because people who "noped the fuck out" of Classic nearly two years ago have a way to try TBC without a big grind ahead of them amounting to weeks or more (I realize you can get boosted in Classic... but it's funny to mention that alternative in a thread about people complaining about how this ruins the sanctity what it means for it to be "Classic" and the "Journey".

TLDR; Very few negatives and probably a bigger initial launch than it would've had without the optional boost. At the end of the day a lot of people just care about a particular expansion or end game, and giving people options to allow that is only positive IMO. Don't tell people how to play the game, you might care about the "Journey", but a lot of people don't (especially on the second go around).

Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA PROGRESSION !! YOU MEAN 2 HOUR RAIDS ON DAY 1 ? thats progression? even on retail mythic raids dont take that little time be cleared x) go back to your cave troll ! if you dont like it dont play it !

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I had so many friends that quit playing between level 10 and 40 that would probably play TBC with the boost available.
    I'm between those people. I just could not go through "wanding" mobs to death. Good ol' times, back in the day. No now.
    Some people act that classic/TBC belongs to them and not everyone.

Cry baby haters hate this "change"
    ...addition*
    No one has valid arguments as to why this is supposedly bad.
    Gamers win again.

You think you do but don't.

Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Then don't do it. Why is it such a big deal to you how people spend their money?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

seems alright to me its one boost to 58 and that character can't be an alliance shaman or a belf pala, so, if you want one of those you'll still have to get it to 58 manually.

i'm not too bothered about ppl buying a 58, assuming it is limited to 1 then I can't see it really mattering all that much, you're still going to have to level subsequent alts. and the professions, which don't start at 300. they start at 0. there was some bleed through on some items, elemental sharpening stones and brilliant mana oils for example were still pretty decent in BC. you do still kinda want ppl levelling characters to keep that flow of new mains and alt levelling going, and so ofc its not a ball ache to get to 58, which it won't be if you can spam dungeon runs. there are experiences, like levelling characters that shouldn't be completely replaced by boosts. but I get that if someone missed classic but wants to join in for bc, they either level a pala/shaman or another class with everyone else or you get a boosted 58 that still has to level its professions up. this feels balanced to me. its impossible to please everyone but this seems as though it respects the time that ppl have put into the game so far, while also allowing ppl to catch up if they haven't been playing classic.

I have 5 pieces of t3 so far, I don't have 100's of thousands of gold though, I have about 200g running naxx cleaned me out, as a tank without alchemy, its pretty gruelling, if the guild bank didn't supply me flasks I wouldn't have any. ill most likely only make gold for flying in BC because farming gold as a warrior is kinda slow in classic.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-20 at 08:52 AM.

There's literally no reason to hate the boosting, every argument against it there's a factual counter argument that makes anyone who is against it look like a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This is just shameful. They are exploiting children who just wants to pay2win.

Wow is truly gone.
    Boost one character to lvl 58 = pay to win.

Flawless logic. LOL, i love the tears of you boomers crying about this boost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, you can skip the outdated and boring part of leveling (for old races only) in the re-release of a 14 year old game, the sky is fucking falling!
    BC is about farming 5mans and raids, not about leveling anyway.
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-02-20 at 09:33 AM.

I don't understand why people complain. It's a win/win situation.

1) People like me, that disliked vanilla and want to do just BC, can jump to the content we care about without having to slog through stuff we don't care about.

2) People that played classic will have a bigger pool of players to play with at the start and overall a bigger community because of my 1st point.

You can always level 1-58 the normal way if you want to. It's not being revamped or removed.

People complaining about this sound more akin to "I had to suffer 1-58 so everybody has to suffer the same slog" mentality. Childish and unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by wibeg View Post

Yeah, they act like you get 70 with T5 set on you.
    I know so many people who dropped classic before even reaching 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    wait once per account, uh, how would that work?
    I don't get it
    so if I don't use it I will have a boost sitting there forever on the character screen for the many decades to come? lol
    In theory, yes.

I still have all the boosts they have given for free in retail since they introduced them (WoD?).

They work in a weird way. They would scale into the next expansion. An unused lvl 100 boost would turn into a 110 boost when BfA arrived. Stuff like that.

So the lvl 58 boost, if gone unused, should transform to a lvl 68 boost when WotLK classic is released. And you can stack them. They will probably do the same for WotLK. So at the start of the expansion you would have 2 free lvl 68 boosts.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2021-02-20 at 09:47 AM.

would they do a 68 boost though because DK's only get to about 58 in their starting zone iirc. I could see it staying a 58 boost, just so that when wrath does happen, you still have groups that don't consist of 5 DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    would they do a 68 boost though because DK's only get to about 58 in their starting zone iirc. I could see it staying a 58 boost, just so that when wrath does happen, you still have groups that don't consist of 5 DKs.
    You mention a great problem, but for TBC they obviously don't care that all groups will have 5 shamans or 5 paladins for the 58 first levels, so I'm not sure they realize it.

10+ Year Old Account

Classic will never be the same as it was due to people like you. The new twitch kids that spout their ingenious logic in a desperate cry for attention.

A boost changes nothing in comparison.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    You mention a great problem, but for TBC they obviously don't care that all groups will have 5 shamans or 5 paladins for the 58 first levels, so I'm not sure they realize it.
    it was like this the first time aswell, but they have said that ppl will get to level palas and shaman before the gate opens so, you should have time to persuade your friends and guildies to boost you to relevancy before hellfire takes all the high levelled mains. I personally wouldn't mind helping some ppl get their pala to 58-60 so they are ready the day its open.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-20 at 10:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wibeg View Post

Judging by the immature posts of those whining about this, I think it's safe to say they're most likely kids - not boomers.
    Hi