Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A question for those who played back then: did the systems in WoW change in TBC like they do now? In other words, if I start a toon now, will that be the same experience as if I start a toon in a TBC server?

Thanks.

Most ppl whining about leveling boost where leveling is NOT a part of the endgame (like it was e.x. in Ragnarok Online) are kids, students or people who simply cannot afford that. Does it really ruins your experience that someone skips leveling on one character? Are you all really going for (classic TBC) server first and you cannot afford to lose an extra day or two spent leveling in comparison to a person who bought "boost"? Does it really make game "pay to win"?

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    what progression?vanila progression in tbc?lol...you cant even boost new races that would actualy have mattered,this is just to get people who didnt play classic in the door,as boosts go this one is pretty fair,and likely more expensive than the retail boosts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    This is just shameful. They are exploiting children who just wants to pay2win.

Wow is truly gone.
    i dont think you understand the concept of pay2win

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    wait i justs checked its a lvl 40 mount not a epic mount, who cares.
    well ofc its a 40,the boost is 58...or did tbc introduce the epic mount at 40?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    how would that work ?
    some people wanna play both,they wanna advance their character to tbc to have the sense of progression and advancement on their mains,but they also dont want to abandon classic with that character

they make a good point,this should have been a copy character thing not forced to chose

- - - Updated - - -

you are exactly what they are targeting. Young people who only know about buying your way to the end.
    lvl 58 is the end?its barely even the starting line for tbc lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    In theory, yes.

I still have all the boosts they have given for free in retail since they introduced them (WoD?).

They work in a weird way. They would scale into the next expansion. An unused lvl 100 boost would turn into a 110 boost when BfA arrived. Stuff like that.

So the lvl 58 boost, if gone unused, should transform to a lvl 68 boost when WotLK classic is released. And you can stack them. They will probably do the same for WotLK. So at the start of the expansion you would have 2 free lvl 68 boosts.
    i doubt someone is gonna pay for a boost and let it stay there lol,and if they do i feel like it would make more sense if that 58 boost just becomes a 68

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i doubt someone is gonna pay for a boost and let it stay there lol,and if they do i feel like it would make more sense if that 58 boost just becomes a 68
    Yeah I meant the free ones. They give a free boost every expansion since WoD. I never use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Yeah I meant the free ones. They give a free boost every expansion since WoD. I never use them.
    heh...always used them to fast....and always regreted it ಠ_ಠ

Don't use it then
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Uh man I have some bad news for you about the whole "progression" and "Journey" thing in Classic. It doesn't exist you can get a 60 in Classic with little or to no effort. If you think having a level 58 is somehow a mark of of progression right now boy will you be disappointed when you see all the players who have multiple 60's and thousands of gold.
    But besides all that it's not anti-classic ethos, in fact it'll allow more people to experience Classic TBC very similar to how they did when it released so many years ago. Many people want to relive that feeling of passing through the portal and leveling through those zones on release just like they did when TBC originally released, isn't that the point of these Classic experiences to relive those moments and get a good old dose of nostalgia, isn't that the so called "Classic ethos"?
    Now if it was a 70 boost we could talk...

I love that people are so angry about it when there's a 95% chance that they've leveled every character after their first by AFKing in SM while a Mage clears it repeatedly, most likely with gold they bought from 3rd party websites wholely and solely to avoid the grind of 10-60.

Eh, not a fan of boosts, but at the very least, the other plans they have for TBC salvage it.
    Timegating the content was the right call and getting Pre nerf bosses (and hopefully heroics) is extremely welcome.

The restriction put in place are fine to me, one per account and you still need to level professions and acquire the gold for epic riding, which isn't going to be super easy without those professions.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-02-20 at 01:17 PM.

On the front page they have this listed like you wont be able to use the boost on the TBC servers, is that right?

Paid Boost
    There will be a Level 58 boost
    One per account
    Classic Era realms only
    Level 40 mount and skill to go with it
    No professions
    Geared in Dungeon blues
    Unavailable to new races

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    On the front page they have this listed like you wont be able to use the boost on the TBC servers, is that right?

Paid Boost
    There will be a Level 58 boost
    One per account
    Classic Era realms only
    Level 40 mount and skill to go with it
    No professions
    Geared in Dungeon blues
    Unavailable to new races
    No it's a mistake, it's only available for TBC realms. Otherwise the "unavailable to new races" line would not make any sense.

I'm a hardcore fan of classic and I'm ok with this. The more people on the BC servers the better and if people that didn't play classic but want to check out TBC, I just think that many would fall off if they had to go through the leveling process. Also the game already has boosting and gold buying hasn't really been penalized at all (which is a huge problem but a completely separate topic), so people can circumvent the system if they really want, this just means they don't have to spend endless hours being afk in SM and maraudon.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    No it's a mistake, it's only available for TBC realms. Otherwise the "unavailable to new races" line would not make any sense.
    Good stuff ty.

I don't get it if you don't like don't use it. I gave up at lvl 40 in Classic would have not bothered lvl through vanilla again and then tbc. It's win win situation more people to play with, boosters won't have the naxx gear and thousands of golds nor profession so we will be far behind those who played during vanilla.

People are wanting to come back to content they missed or want to play again, that means there are a bunch who want to get into TBC and NOT classic because they know what they are in for. This makes a lot of sense imo.

I am not a fan but I do not think it is going to impact the game all that much.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing they stopped listenin to those loud #NO CHANGES REEEE idiots.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    how would that work ?
    From what I understand you will be presented with a choice - transfer to a progressed TBC server or leave your character on a classic server and they said only if you pay you will be able to "copy" your character so that it can be both transferred and left on classic server.
    S.H.

This isn't a anti-Classic ethos. It's anti-#NoChanges. (#Changes?) And it's the best fucking choice Blizzard has ever made. #NoChanges is the worst part of this community and the sooner they fuck back off to private servers the better the community as a whole will be.

This is just shameful. They are exploiting children who just wants to pay2win.

Wow is truly gone.
    You say that when all people do to level up already is pay for boosts from mages.

...eh, you can buy yourself to lvl 60 on classic now aswell and it's completely within the TOS/TOA.
    Buy gametime tokens on Retail to get gold -> trade classic boosters gold on retail (allowed because you're trading ingame) -> get to level 60 on Classic.
    ...hell you could even trade gold on Retail to Classic, not sure what the conversion rate is nowdays but I can imagine it's going to climb with TBC interest. So if you want your epic mount and boosts up to high lvl 50s it will cost you a fair bit, but it's not impossible.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!