Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is gonna sound stupid or whatever, but I'm being 100% real. If they added a gear vendor that just gave gear, that also could be upgraded with Valor Points and then made Valor Points drop in Torghast, I might actually still play.

The problem the last 2 expansions has been pug content, but this is outside of the meta of the game obviously so it's like a giant gray area, no one agrees on it. So develop around the pugging culture because it's honestly just that easy, Torghast exists now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about politics or current events in the world, it's about the "What's Next" panel in the recent con, so let's pivot back to the actual topic of the thread as opposed to debating the pandemic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about politics or current events in the world, it's about the "What's Next" panel in the recent con, so let's pivot back to the actual topic of the thread as opposed to debating the pandemic.
    I totally agree I was just pointing out that some players should not take it for granted. I mean one of the main reasons why this Blizzcon feels lackluster and lacking in term of delivering (not for me personally I am totally fine with the current Blizzcon and grateful) because of the reasons I mentioned, that is all.

They are not confident as they were pre release as sub numbers have significantly dropped due to insane decisions they made regarding gear telling everyone they were wrong as people screamed at them it was going to suck.

9.0.5 was a finger in the dam with massive subscriber leaks. Yeah it sounds like they are lost because they are and lack vision. They keep embracing systems over content and it is beyond obvious the consequences. For 3 expansions IN A ROW they have spent more time fixing a broken system they created rather then creating new content.

The consequence of these arbitrary decisions is one new raid with a LARGE amount of recycled bosses and 1 part of a mega dungeon that will have a large amount of cut and paste assets. The entire rest of the patch is trying to figure out how to fix these systems they created that cannot be fixed as they scaled worse with ilvl.

Until Ion drops his hubris and admits he was wrong this MMO will never be fixed. I have watched him run this MMO into the ground with the only thing left is to pander to nostalgia and recycle plot lines from 1995.

All of this was warned about the DAY THEY ANNOUNCED IT on stage dozens of threads went up telling them it was a mistake and would force them to focus on fixing systems that do not work. The amount of hubris from these people after the disaster that was BFA is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Late May/early June is more realistic timeframe for launch.
    This is very optimistic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    My point is: you people need to lower you god damn expectations and standards. Don't expect this year Blizzcon will be as the one from 2019 or anything like that. you need to get used to it you need to live with the current situation and standards.
    Then again, there are dozens of other large game studios releasing and announcing new games all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Then again, there are dozens of other large game studios releasing and announcing new games all the time.
    Even more Indie companies, look at Valheim that's been universally praised.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This is very optimistic.
    In later interview they said that 9.1 PTR will start shortly after 9.0.5 launch which most likely will be early March. How long you think patch like this will be cooking in PTR? It will have no new system or groundbreaking feature, it will be just more of the same we had in 9.0. Even 8.2 that added 2 zones and had to rewrite whole progression system lasted just 2 months on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Even more Indie companies, look at Valheim that's been universally praised.
    Yes, let's compare flavor of the month game/studio to Blizzard that has like 4 games in production (3xDiablo, OV2), support next 2 (SL, Hearthstone) and maintaince/patch like 5 more.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-02-20 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but not everyone affected the same way in fact smaller business are doing much better than big ones because the damage from the pandemic is less toward smaller business ones (less people to work with, and less money to pay etc etc).

That dashing scoundrel Ion can't keep getting away with this

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Literally how? We didn't even started PTR, also from panel you can clearly tell they prepared content, but have no idea how systems will evolve in 9.1.

Late May/early June is more realistic timeframe for launch.
    I think we need to wait for PTR to understand the time frame for the release... However, it seems likely that only late May with the lack of information thus far
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

to be fair if the game was released during last year it was most likely in work AT LEAST year before, and was probably in later stages of development, which might not be so affected, its a bit unfair to compare with things being done completely during the pandemic...

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Nice argument. Because X type of content isn't something you're interested in, it's therefore considered "filler".

Mature.
    Should mount and pet collection take a significant place in the presentation? (especially, when some of them are just reskins).
    I wouldn't give them more than one or two brackets. They should have showed more of the new content, like the new zone, the new raid and the new mega dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    With how little they are able to show us about the new zone, dungeon, and raid that is in development, are we going to be waiting 6-7 months after release for this patch?
    What? You didn't like the recap of the recap of the plot of the recap showing the cinematic again in its entirety that they already showed you to recap the recap you had just to make sure that you didn't forget why you've been playing the game?

You clearly never grew up watching Dragonball Z.

God, it was hilarious though. I haven't played since BfA launch, and even I DIDN'T NEED THAT RECAP LOL.

I was like.. yeah yeah... so Sylvanas is there and the jailer is bad and there were covenants and we helped them uh huh... Oh boy, the cinematic we just saw like an hour ago. Cool... so we get a new patch.
    They could have literally just been like "You're getting a new patch. That's it. It'll be just like our last new patches. Enjoy."

OH not to mention those... *sick* new armor sets. I'm sure all of the players who chose Kyrian were absolutely praying that they could, one day, be like their favorite paperboy. Minus the wings, of course, because nobody joined the Kyrian hoping they could get wings lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This feels about right for a patch reveal honestly. I'll say April 20th for the patch, for totally no reason whatsoever related to 4/13.
    It's not coming in April, that would make Castle Nathria a 4 month tier, which isn't happening especially during a pandemic with them working from home. We might get the .5 patch in April, but we're not seeing 9.1 until at least June/July.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's not coming in April, that would make Castle Nathria a 4 month tier, which isn't happening especially during a pandemic with them working from home. We might get the .5 patch in April, but we're not seeing 9.1 until at least June/July.
    They explicitly said 9.0.5 is coming in March. There's no might or maybe for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    They explicitly said 9.0.5 is coming in March. There's no might or maybe for that.
    No you're twisting what they said to fit a narrative. They said they're EXPECTING it to come in March, not that it is coming in March. Things change, things happen, this is exactly why Blizzard doesn't give information because you take their possible release timeframe as absolute, when the reality is much more random when it comes to programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Again we know 9.0.5 is coming in March, and with this lack of info it's normal people are thinking this is Mid May or June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    The abomination factory is great outdoor content and fun, and you can get the shared stuff (pets mounts) with the least hassle and most fun from necro. From your post I gather you have no idea about it. The party is a slog. The garden is unsatisfying. No idea about kyrian.
    ive done it and its about as fun as the gathering for the kyrian stuff....not my cup of tea

point was those are the only real forms of content locked behind anima

Really was vanishingly little of interest at this Blizzcon. No major announcements, just a D2 remake. Oh well.