Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I love FF 14 but

they recycle the same content since at 2.0 just with a different skin and different story, no wonder they can pump out these expansions so fast because there is no life in these patches. I can't remember a single patch in this game that has been memorable. Just my thoughts, it seems it has a loyal fanbase that will prop money in this mmo to last at least another 10 years.

That is just not factual.

Yes, they have a formula, but they do make new stuff. For example, the Ishgard restoration for Shadowbringers. The deep dungeon... was it in Heavensward? Eureka in Stormblood. The new island in Endwalker.

So, this is a specific concern of yours, so why don't you say what you would like to see?
    I don't see more of a good thing as bad.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-02-20 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    they recycle the same content since at 2.0 just with a different skin and different story, no wonder they can pump out these expansions so fast because there is no life in these patches. I can't remember a single patch in this game that has been memorable. Just my thoughts, it seems it has a loyal fanbase that will prop money in this mmo to last at least another 10 years.
    Yeesh. You have bad WoW takes and now you have a bad FF14 take.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That is just not factual.

Yes, they have a formula, but they do make new stuff. For example, the Ishgard restoration for Shadowbtingers. The deep dungeon... was it in Heavensward? Eureka in Stormblood. The new island in Endwalker.

So, this is a specific concern of yours, so why don't you say what you would like to see?
    I don't see more of a good thing as bad.
    Yet we didn't see any of that in shadowbringers, the isgard restoration is interesting but no one is hardly doing them.

Yet we didn't see any of that in shadowbringers, the isgard restoration is interesting but no one is hardly doing them.
    Content in FFXIV is not designed to be infinitely replayable. It's designed to have an ending. That is a very good thing. It's a game that respects your time even if it makes you grind a bit, you always get a sense of fulfillment when you are done. That does not happen if it's an infinite grind. Anyone that has done the WoW infinite AP grind can attest to that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-02-23 at 03:12 AM.

What a surprise that OP managed to get himself banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Content in FFXIV is not designed to be infinitely replayable. It's designed to have an ending. That is a very good thing. It's a game that respects your time even if it makes you grind a bit, you always get a sense of fulfillment when you are done. That does not happen if it's an infinite grind. Anyone that has done the WoW infinite AP grind can attest to that.
    I did the infinite AP grind, and prefer it. I have plenty of time on my hands, and like not having a defined end point. I'm less likely to return for extremely long periods of time if an MMO says "You're done". That's not what I play an MMO for. I want it to take up most of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I did the infinite AP grind, and prefer it. I have plenty of time on my hands, and like not having a defined end point. I'm less likely to return for extremely long periods of time if an MMO says "You're done". That's not what I play an MMO for. I want it to take up most of my time.
    That's all fine, but the games can't be designed only for people who have all the day to play.

Yup, even Yoshi-P has said he is fine with taking sub breaks, I actually appreciate the game is not designed with only greed in mind, with an infinite treadmill like AP as you said.

Doesn’t sound like you “love FF14”..

This is flat out wrong.

Literally all of the patch content from 2.1 to 2.3 focuses on the closing chapter of the events of 2.0 while 2.4+5 set up the hype chapters of Heavensward.

3.1 to 3.3 again, serves as a closing chapter for 3.0 while 3.4+5 again, serve as a buildup to Stormblood.

Repeat again.

Is the formulae similar? Sure, is the story, content and releases similar, no, not even remotely.

As for recycling content in terms of say: locations, areas and places, for the sake of storylines and story hooks, they use these as refferences to current and previous events in order to keep the plot contextually stable unlike wow where plotlines go everywhere after a patch.

In terms of locales as in new areas, or new content, you have trials that are being added every patch in 2.1 to 2.5 and 2 new story dungeons, in 3.1 to 3.5 you get 1 new trial and 4 new dungeons.

In 4.1 to 4.5 you get 3 new dungeons and a new trial and in 5.1 to 5.5 you get 5 new dungeons and a trial.

If you mean, sunwell plateu style zones or things like that, you get eureka in stormblood and bozja in shadowbringers (context not given for those wanting to avoid spoilers)

Needless to say, these things are definatley there, with new content undeniably there to experience.

So in other words, this is a flat out bad claim, you either never played the game, or you never played past 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    There are:

- Other jobs to level.
    - Relic weapons to farm for.
    - Reputation grinds to aquire.
    - Crafting jobs to perfect.
    - Housing as an end game (Thats actually half true).
    - Restoration story arcs (2 at least).
    - End game trials in Extreme and Savage mode and Ultimate for those that want the hardest challenge.
    - PvP farms and rated pvp farms.
    - Casual content farms such as tomestone gearing, augments, side fillers.
    - Side filler content like Manderville.

This game has more content to do on a casual and lengthy basis than wow could have in a lifetime of content to do, and the best part? All of it is relevent at current level.

An infinite grind is there, and its fairly easy to get if you're looking.

They have a standard recipe I'd agree with that but that's not necessarily a bad thing, you know what to expect and assuming that you like that recipe there's little risk of having "the rug swept from under you" which can happen in other MMORPGs where suddenly your preferred play style isn't supported anymore or your class isn't even recognizable anymore.

However, they do experiment now and then with different types of content but it's often optional, never a "build around feature" that everything else in the game has to fit in to. I think that this is the best way of doing things, for example if the Mage Tower in WoW had been mandatory content that you had to do each week in order to progress I don't think it would've been nearly as popular and they couldn't have tuned it the way they did since then they had to make it accessible for every single player in the game, bad and good alike.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Doesn’t sound like you “love FF14”..
    Cant critizise the weeb anime game the dweebs will rise up in fury
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Cant critizise the weeb anime game the dweebs will rise up in fury
    Oh you can. Chances are if it is a real argument we might even agree. But: "I love FFXIV but hate every content patch ever" is not an argument that we can take seriously. Nor should we.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Oh you can. Chances are if it is a real argument we might even agree. But: "I love FFXIV but hate every content patch ever" is not an argument that we can take seriously. Nor should we.
    Hmmm, but it sounds very much like 95% of the threads/posts about WoW...
    If we should follow your logic then less than 5% of the posters here can be taken "seriously".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Hmmm, but it sounds very much like 95% of the threads/posts about WoW...
    If we should follow your logic then less than 5% of the posters here can be taken "seriously".
    Well it is kinda true isn't it? This site is mostly memes and shitposting. Which has its places for sure, but if you are looking for a serious informed discussion, this might not be the place for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well it is kinda true isn't it? This site is mostly memes and shitposting. Which has its places for sure, but if you are looking for a serious informed discussion, this might not be the place for you.
    You are probably right. MMO-Champion was once a place where serious discussion about classes, raids, mechanics and theory-crafting etc. took place. It was even the most important forum for such discussions. Alas, those times are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    It was even the most important forum for such discussions.
    When was this?

Very confused as to why @CaptainV decided to bump this thread trying to talk to someone who isn't going to talk to him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Very confused as to why @CaptainV decided to bump this thread trying to talk to someone who isn't going to talk to him back.
    If you look in his post history, it's mostly all WoW. Probably came here after trying the game out again and wanted to respond. You never know with the mods. You can be infracted for making a thread that already exists and you can be infracted for "necro'ing" a thread even though "necro'ing" has to be defined.