Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And, according to my numbers, Diablo sold twice as many copies.

That's what makes them not comparable. One game was vastly more popular than the other.
    .. but your numbers have no substance. The links provided as evidence do not support those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    .. but your numbers have no substance. The links provided as evidence do not support those numbers.
    I haven't seen anything that disputes those numbers

http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/diablo2_sales.htm

Debuting in June, 2000 Diablo II has dominated PC game charts with sales of 4 million copies worldwide according to NPD INTELECT* and key retail accounts around the world. The game has also been awarded several accolades including the prestigious Computer Game of the Year, Computer Role Playing Game of the Year and Game of the Year for 2001 by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
    If you can dispute those numbers, feel free.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I haven't seen anything that disputes those numbers

http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/diablo2_sales.htm

If you can dispute those numbers, feel free.
    No issue with that one. Where is your AOE one?

I would love to get it on iPad (like Baldur’s Gate)...

They should add a wow mount for that price

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I would love to get it on iPad (like Baldur’s Gate)...
    You can get baldurs gate on Ipad? How does it play?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You can get baldurs gate on Ipad? How does it play?
    Good if you connect a mouse (iPad OS 14).

Honestly it comes down to the quality of the game. If it ends up mediocre I won't pay $44. If it ends up being quality I'll buy it. Besides, the game will always go on sale eventually and you can snag it cheaper down the road. I think people over value multiplayer in games like D2. Picking it up a year later for half if you insist on saving cash is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    People think paying 40$ for a game that took thousands of hours of work done by a bunch of people is too much? Wow.
    I am sorry but it might be, it depends on the quality of the final product and the number of hours each individual it is gonna get from it.
    There are tons of games that took a lot of work to be done, and i would not play them even if they paid me.

D2R comes with Offline Mode, Shared Stash, Auto Gold Pickup.

That alone makes it worth it. Its still the best diablo version, with the best gear system.

I just saw it in streams, but the new graphics looked great.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Like that is a guarantee with blizzard these days. time to backup the diablo 2 patches just in case.

also noticed they promised the "full cinematic remaster" again like they did with war3, dangerous thing for them to promise.
    the games are not connected at all, so no need to worry about diablo 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the games are not connected at all, so no need to worry about diablo 2.
    The games may not be connected in terms of development teams or whatever, but by business principles? Might be. I wonder if they will make old D2R unusable like they did with old WC3.

Either way, I hope people have learnt not to preorder anything. I guess the existing videos are more promising than they were for WC3 though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    The games may not be connected in terms of development teams or whatever, but by business principles? Might be. I wonder if they will make old D2R unusable like they did with old WC3.

Either way, I hope people have learnt not to preorder anything. I guess the existing videos are more promising than they were for WC3 though.
    IDK if you know, but old WC3 and WC3 reforged were connected.. .thats why it broke.
    Diablo 2 ressurected is not at all connected to diablo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Yah I think it's too expensive for an old game I already have that still works well.
    until the old version vanishes like WC3.

Not unreasonable for the amount of hours I expect to get out of it.

IDK if you know, but old WC3 and WC3 reforged were connected.. .thats why it broke.
    Diablo 2 ressurected is not at all connected to diablo 2.
    just had a quick look at the blizzard download section.

starcraft 1 isn't there anymore. warcraft 3 is but i guess it's no longer the same one. don't see the arcade originals anywhere either (do i remember correctly that they removed those the day they announced the new arcade collection?)

pretty good track record so far :P better safe than sorry i'd say.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    just had a quick look at the blizzard download section.

starcraft 1 isn't there anymore. warcraft 3 is but i guess it's no longer the same one. don't see the arcade originals anywhere either but not sure if they ever had those.

pretty good track record so far :P better safe than sorry i'd say.
    except they literally said it wouldnt be connected to eachother...
    starcraft and warcraft were freely connected because there is no progression. they can play with eachother.
    this you will not be able to play together, diablo 2 and diablo 2 ressurected are not mixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    until the old version vanishes like WC3.
    except it dont.

if you mean in game itself? kinda sorta, but diablo 2 and ressurected are not at all connected.

except they literally said it wouldnt be connected to eachother...
    starcraft and warcraft were freely connected because there is no progression. they can play with eachother.
    this you will not be able to play together, diablo 2 and diablo 2 ressurected are not mixed.
    yes i get that the games aren't connected. that doesn't mean blizzard can't decide to "encourage" people to the new one instead of the old one.

my old WC3 still works perfectly fine when i install it from my backed up installers btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like a week of lattes these days. Have you guys not noticed the massive inflation of prices for everything with the huge influx of cash into the economy? It's not surprising that video games are part of that. Actually, I'd be surprised if we didn't see upticks across the board.

They could have listed it for 70 dollars and still sold millions of copies to the diablo fanbois.

$40 is more than reasonable. Look around the gaming industry. Spyro, Crash, etc. 40-60 USD is pretty standard for remasters of classic titles.