Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i thought about d2 and d3 for 60 but i want it on xbox. Ill prob wait for it to get cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You say that, but you're also buying their products. I wonder what the average intellect on this board is.
    So... never saw this response, so way delayed here ... but are you purposefully being dense or is this the most ironic post ever? I never complained about Blizzard's shady business decisions, so I feel fine giving them money. It's the people who shit all over Blizzard for being profit-hungry while also giving them their money that are ethically compromised.

You fail to understand basic premises. And then you call me dumb. LOL. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes i get that the games aren't connected. that doesn't mean blizzard can't decide to "encourage" people to the new one instead of the old one.
    They should have learned the hard way through Reforged if they haven't already.

Honestly the best way to allow them to preserve games is to let GoG handle the originals if they're not assed to keep servers up for the original games.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love D2 and remasters so I'll be happy to pay full price. The people who don't love D2 can just wait a few years for the price to be cut in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't overwrite my original game Im fine with what ever price they put on it.
    Luckily I had my WC3 LAN copy on a disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    People in this thread acting like $40 is a lot of money in 2021.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    So... never saw this response, so way delayed here ... but are you purposefully being dense or is this the most ironic post ever? I never complained about Blizzard's shady business decisions, so I feel fine giving them money. It's the people who shit all over Blizzard for being profit-hungry while also giving them their money that are ethically compromised.

You fail to understand basic premises. And then you call me dumb. LOL. Good stuff.
    There used to be a poster on the WoW side who would bitch and whine daily about Blizzards business practices and complain how others are wasting their money. Came to find out he still payed for WoW. When confronted about it he said it was of no concern.

Most of these people just love to shout but you live in a society while doing the exact same thing they call others out over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    People in this thread acting like $40 is a lot of money in 2021.
    $40 wasn't even a lot of money in 2000 when D2 released. I'm not going to apologize for being incredibly well off, but if you cannot save $40 between the Feb announcement and the time it releases, Oct-Dec, then maybe you shouldn't be worrying about the price of games and reprioritize your life.

Games are not some inalienable right. The are a luxury privilege. Game companies are not innthe business of giving out handouts. So either spend the money, save a few bucks a paycheck until release, or move on. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

And whether or not people think the game is worth it or not, the effort put into the art rework alone is enough for a full priced game. I mean, they've been working on this for two years now and art is by far and a way the most expensive part of making games,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    $40 wasn't even a lot of money in 2000 when D2 released. I'm not going to apologize for being incredibly well off, but if you cannot save $40 between the Feb announcement and the time it releases, Oct-Dec, then maybe you shouldn't be worrying about the price of games and reprioritize your life.

Games are not some inalienable right. The are a luxury privilege. Game companies are not innthe business of giving out handouts. So either spend the money, save a few bucks a paycheck until release, or move on. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

And whether or not people think the game is worth it or not, the effort put into the art rework alone is enough for a full priced game. I mean, they've been working on this for two years now and art is by far and a way the most expensive part of making games,
    I mean, yeah - exactly. A team of people worked to make new resources for a product that people want enough to pay $40 for, so it costs $40.

I bet the people bitching about "needing" to spend $40 on the latest Blizzard product don't think twice about buying a $10 coffee or dropping $50 on a spontaneous pizza/wing order. Shit, you can barely even buy takeout for one person for under $40 on Skip/Doordash these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    D2R comes with Offline Mode, Shared Stash, Auto Gold Pickup.

That alone makes it worth it. Its still the best diablo version, with the best gear system.

I just saw it in streams, but the new graphics looked great.
    What made D2 awesome was it had bleeding edge social features for its time. Offline mode is a HUGE minus. If it doesn't have stellar social online features, I won't play it. I mean, I still need to play Torchlight 2 which is a brand NEW game in comparison and has plenty of new gameplay and can be played offline, so, yeah.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What made D2 awesome was it had bleeding edge social features for its time. Offline mode is a HUGE minus. If it doesn't have stellar social online features, I won't play it. I mean, I still need to play Torchlight 2 which is a brand NEW game in comparison and has plenty of new gameplay and can be played offline, so, yeah.
    But offline is OPTIONAL. Nothing stops you from playing ONLINE if you want to. Other people playing offline means shit all for you and is the same as it's always been.

But offline is OPTIONAL. Nothing stops you from playing ONLINE if you want to. Other people playing offline means shit all for you and is the same as it's always been.
    Blah blah blah. We've heard this all before. They are opening by saying "multiplayer stuff comes later". We know when Blizz says something like that, it is code for "we are not going to do anything but bare bones multiplayer or pvp for D2R". Same as it ever was.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Blizz is just openly shitting on D2 PvP fans. They screamed bloody murder when PvP was abandoned in D3. You would THINK when doing D2R, that would be the FIRST feature shown to fans in the alpha. The FIRST. Instead, multiplayer gets barely a mention, PvP ignored, and its all solo stuff. I mean my GOD what are they doing?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blah blah blah. We've heard this all before. They are opening by saying "multiplayer stuff comes later". We know when Blizz says something like that, it is code for "we are not going to do anything but bare bones multiplayer or pvp for D2R". Same as it ever was.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Blizz is just openly shitting on D2 PvP fans. They screamed bloody murder when PvP was abandoned in D3. You would THINK when doing D2R, that would be the FIRST feature shown to fans in the alpha. The FIRST. Instead, multiplayer gets barely a mention, PvP ignored, and its all solo stuff. I mean my GOD what are they doing?
    PvP in Diablo is secondary and always has been. PvM is the core gameplay, and if you think otherwise you're delusional. I don't know what to tell you but you're spazzing out over being a niche market of a niche market that's not getting personally catered to and it's silly.

It's BR$ 140,00 over here, a price can't get saltier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    They could have listed it for 70 dollars and still sold millions of copies to the diablo fanbois.

$40 is more than reasonable. Look around the gaming industry. Spyro, Crash, etc. 40-60 USD is pretty standard for remasters of classic titles.
    I paid $5 each for spyro and crash during a sale. Such a steal.

I mean, yeah - exactly. A team of people worked to make new resources for a product that people want enough to pay $40 for, so it costs $40.

I bet the people bitching about "needing" to spend $40 on the latest Blizzard product don't think twice about buying a $10 coffee or dropping $50 on a spontaneous pizza/wing order. Shit, you can barely even buy takeout for one person for under $40 on Skip/Doordash these days.
    Exactly. People easily drop over $40 a week/month on very disposable things while complaining about the price of games. Funny that a $40 remake that cost millions and thousands of hours to make is too expensive but dropping $10 a day at a Starbucks for garbage coffee isn't.

Don't get me wrong I want this D2 remake to be good and so far it is looking that way but I personally don't preorder or prepurchase games anymore. I just came to the personal conclusion that you really don't get anything for it. Even if the cosmetic they bundle in with it is something that has you doing the peepee dance over than you can just do it a week before release and be good most the time. By then you usually got a reasonable idea at least if it's going to be a total shit show or not. If you want corporations to hold your cash for a year/6 months and just hope a product works out I got no problem with you doing you. I get it I was there once. But I am done with that shit. Even if the money isn't that big of a deal which 40ish bucks certainly isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I understand that they have been working a lot of D2 : Resurrected, but 54$CAD (or 44USD) is beyond greedy for a remastered title.

Are they going to use the same old argument about giving us lord of destruction included? Please. This game has been out for 20 years, come the f*** on*.

Personally, I don't mind paying for it, i've been a fan since day 1 of D2 release, but all those friends that I want to play with, and newer player, they won't pay that much.

I'm I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous ?
    I think the price is fine especially considering that Blizzard will have to use a lot of resources on the game after launch because people will demand it to be perfectly maintained even though it's not a subscription game.

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    I'm I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous ?
    It may be ridiculous, but its not unexpected. Ask yourself this question: what's the last thing Blizzard "innovated"? Whats the last product they put out that wasn't a) derivative of another successful product, or b) a direct remaster/re-release/"classic" version of one of their own products?

Blizzard is the Borg of gaming companies and they seem to have run out of species to assimilate. They've been cannibalizing their own product line for a while now, and I don't see it changing. The consumer base has shown them they can just recycle 15-year old content to people and call it a day.

If warcraft 3 reforged taught us anything is you don't pre-order something they might screw up. Now wheter it's worth it's price remains to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Exactly. People easily drop over $40 a week/month on very disposable things while complaining about the price of games. Funny that a $40 remake that cost millions and thousands of hours to make is too expensive but dropping $10 a day at a Starbucks for garbage coffee isn't.
    It's also about what you get in return? Would you pay 50$ for a piece of shit because someone worked 100000000 hours and spent 999999999$ to make it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It's also about what you get in return? Would you pay 50$ for a piece of shit because someone worked 100000000 hours and spent 999999999$ to make it?
    As if people won't play this remaster for hundreds of hours. This take is laughable.