Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll wait for a sale unless there is some pre-oder bonus or something.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Kind of sad selling old stuff rather than making new content, Blizz has truly become the company of rehash and resell.

I don't blame them however.

Blizz is a company, and companies exist to make money. If we want to see who is truly to blame for this, we need only look in a mirror. If folks are willing to pay for stuff like this, obviously Blizz will be happy to oblige and make a profit.

As for me, hard pass. That's a ridiculous price for something that was released over 20 years ago; even if it is remastered.

I'll find something else to spend my $44 on.
    Yeah, it’s a shame Blizzard doesn’t develop anything new. At this point you’d think they’d have Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, and a new patch for WoW being developed. I can’t believe Blizzard has just sat on the same games all these years and never released new content or developed sequels to them in all this time. They truly are a terrible company.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    It's much more than just an HD filter over the base game lol.
    Is it? aren't they keeping gameplay as close to original as possible? haven't heard anything about QoL, UI or loot improvements.

i'm sure under the hood it's more than just some hd textures, but why should i care about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Is it? aren't they keeping gameplay as close to original as possible? haven't heard anything about QoL, UI or loot improvements.

i'm sure under the hood it's more than just some hd textures, but why should i care about that?
    There's some QoL stuff. Like a bigger stash and a shared stash (so no mules needed), you can see the slots on the belts, etc. But the game is exactly like the original in playstyle.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm on verge of refunding my game.
    I like the visuals, but the animation kinda kills it for me. It feels janky and outdated.

Does anyone know if item visuals are being changed? Because if I remember correctly, some super rare powerful weapons looked like newbie weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I'm on verge of refunding my game.
    I like the visuals, but the animation kinda kills it for me. It feels janky and outdated.

Does anyone know if item visuals are being changed? Because if I remember correctly, some super rare powerful weapons looked like newbie weapons.
    It's just a veneer covering the old game. Redoing animations wouldn't really have been possible. So you are stuck with crappy 2000 24fps animations with 4k 60fps visuals. In terms of visuals everything is just rendered in 3D with more detail and texturing. No changes in that front.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to test D2R later today. If the game translates to 3D sufficiently well then we should call for a D1 remaster as well.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-13 at 01:30 PM.

Omg it's here I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Can't wait to test D2R later today. If the game translates to 3D sufficiently well then we should call for a D1 remaster as well.
    I only briefly played D1 when I got the battle chest. I think if it got remastered I would give it a try, especially after how the D2 resurrected cinematics look. I said when it was announced but all they had to do for WC3 was update the cinematics and gameplay graphics, and it would be considered a success.

Damn this game is compelling as fuck. I already went like 3 hours into a Sorc and did not notice where the time went. Whew. I am too old for this game.

So far I'm enjoying the game but I expected a lot more from performance. While I'm on a 1070, the fps is usually at around 70~80 but sometimes drop to 30~50 depending on where I'm, combat etc, that's extremely disappointing for me. None of the graphics options made any difference to fps.

Also on rare occasions I had some rubber banding, so is it always online? FFS...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    So far I'm enjoying the game but I expected a lot more from performance. While I'm on a 1070, the fps is usually at around 70~80 but sometimes drop to 30~50 depending on where I'm, combat etc, that's extremely disappointing for me. None of the graphics options made any difference to fps.
    Running the game on 1080 over here. No serious performance issue other than some screen tearing while running really fast past a lot of bullshit. I am getting some rubber banding though and it's kinda irritating but hasn't affected me negatively yet.

Haven't had time to try the beta yet, finished installing, so I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    But man, watching some streams, visually it looks fucking amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's sooo good...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Also on rare occasions I had some rubber banding, so is it always online? FFS...
    Everyone only playing online is the ideal situation. I'm sure it will have offline single player as well at launch.

- - - Updated - - -

I went Zeal Paladin for the beta test. I wonder which class and build has the easiest time on hell difficulty?

A trace job of a game that came out 20 something years ago, for 4x the price and a fraction of the features. Yea, sounds like something blizzard would sell.

I was excited today to get work over with, made some dinner, watched some preseason football. I played Diablo II resurrected open beta for about an hour. It was a lot of fun. I streamed it on twitch and uploaded it to youtube.

I think it is still processing the HD version of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    A trace job of a game
    I wouldn't have bought the game if that wasn't the case.
    that came out 20 something years ago,
    It feels like timeless fun.
    for 4x the price and a fraction of the features. Yea, sounds like something blizzard would sell.
    They could double the price and I wouldn't care in the slightest. They scratch our backs, we scratch theirs. Fair's fair.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-08-14 at 02:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty annoyed it doesn't have a fullscreen windowed mode

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm pretty annoyed it doesn't have a fullscreen windowed mode
    good to know I'm not the only one.. like how did they leave this out....

as for the game it self played for a couple of hours and all it taught me is how good nostalgia/rose-tinted glasses are. Game design has evolved so much since D2, and for the better. I'm sure I'll end up running a class through the story once when its live live, but can't see it being a long-term grind like it was back in the day.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The console version is gutted in terms of social functionality, which makes me sad because I don’t have a pc at the moment.

No in game text or voice chat
    No game name / lobby list system, it’s the same lobby joining system as d3, so you have no way of making Tristram runs free games asking for help etc.. it’s no bueno, I was really surprised at how well controller works though