Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    As an ICU nurse myself, i laugh out loud at people deffending a multi billion company with the covid excuse.

So, since COVID makes my work harder, should i just work less or should i treat people worse? Would it justify it? No. It doesnt.

My work is harder and riskier, i am getting paid more? No, i'm not.

So, then, them pulling half-arsed stuff and blaming covid is a valid argument now? If this is the case, and covid is dampering their job, well, they could easily charge less because we are getting less, right? Or the optimal, it will be ready when it's ready. Or lessen their scope.

But instead we are getting rushed/unfinished stuff with full price tag, covered with lies and 180 turns, but still maintaining the full price for everything. Great. And even now some people will white knight that shit.

Covid makes it harder for everyone, we know it. Noone is denying their job is harder now as it is. We know it is. But if the full price stays, everything else is just corporative bullshit and lies.

If you buy a new car now, and it arrives with just 1 door and 2 wheels after you paid full price, and they told you "whoa man we couldn't finish it on time, COVID is really making our job harder", will you just be OK with that and get it as it is?
    Last edited by Shigma; 2021-03-02 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once d4 is released i expect them to bring some of that technology over. But that's a few years away at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    As an ICU nurse myself, i laugh out loud at people deffending a multi billion company with the covid excuse.

So, since COVID makes my work harder, should i just work less or should i treat people worse? Would it justify it? No. It doesnt.

My work is harder and riskier, i am getting paid more? No, i'm not.

So, then, them pulling half-arsed stuff and blaming covid is a valid argument now? If this is the case, and covid is dampering their job, well, they could easily charge less because we are getting less, right? Or the optimal, it will be ready when it's ready. Or lessen their scope.

But instead we are getting rushed/unfinished stuff with full price tag, covered with lies and 180 turns, but still maintaining the full price for everything. Great. And even now some people will white knight that shit.

Covid makes it harder for everyone, we know it. Noone is denying their job is harder now as it is. We know it is. But if the full price stays, everything else is just corporative bullshit and lies.

If you buy a new car now, and it arrives with just 1 door and 2 wheels after you paid full price, and they told you "whoa man we couldn't finish it on time, COVID is really making our job harder", will you just be OK with that and get it as it is?
    I mean, I get that covid is a factor.

But do expansions cost less because of covid? Does the subscription? I'm still expected to pay full price despite the fact that I and every other subscriber also has to deal with covid.

Plus, at some point, if you're remotely a professional, you should be able to adapt to working from home. It might always be a bit more difficult than working in an office, but it can't be an excuse forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I mean, I get that covid is a factor.

But do expansions cost less because of covid? Does the subscription? I'm still expected to pay full price despite the fact that I and every other subscriber also has to deal with covid.

Plus, at some point, if you're remotely a professional, you should be able to adapt to working from home. It might always be a bit more difficult than working in an office, but it can't be an excuse forever.
    Exactly. People giving this or cyberpunk2077 bs a pass because of covid is beyond stupid. It's just the perfect excuse right now. A excuse nonetheless, because there's always ways to work around that... if you are willing to.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    That's only really true for Maldraxxus. The other realms have native Kyrians, Venthyr, and Night Fae that did not necessarily have to be mortals prior to their creation.
    Yup, for example there are a select few for the venthyr that were made purely out of anima like a vision of denathrius.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but timelines can be shifted. Delays added due to the situation at hand. And as for the subscription itself, you are NOT required to keep subbing. If you feel that at Blizzard isn't delivering the gaming experience at the price you're willing to pay for it then unsub until the next patch.

Additionally your sub money isn't just paying for new content, servers cost money to run even without new content. Or did folks miss the fact that online games have a base-level of operating costs even without adding content. Yeah there's a portion that is pure profit for Activision-Blizzard, no doubting that but to assume that the sub cost would go down because COVID doesn't make sense.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    No but timelines can be shifted. Delays added due to the situation at hand. And as for the subscription itself, you are NOT required to keep subbing. If you feel that at Blizzard isn't delivering the gaming experience at the price you're willing to pay for it then unsub until the next patch.

Additionally your sub money isn't just paying for new content, servers cost money to run even without new content. Or did folks miss the fact that online games have a base-level of operating costs even without adding content. Yeah there's a portion that is pure profit for Activision-Blizzard, no doubting that but to assume that the sub cost would go down because COVID doesn't make sense.
    I'm just saying that for all the expectation that we sympathize with their covid plight, there's little of that going our way. A lot of players might be struggling with their own finances, but they sure don't get Shadowlands half-off. And I'd say you're partially wrong there. Part if the cost is for the sake of the servers, part for further development of the expansion, and then of course there's the bit of pure profit.

Timeline shifting is also fine to a point. But that's not what's happening in the case of character customization. That stuff just got nixed. And if that was so easy for them to just handwave, then I sure as hell wouldn't have any hope for 10.0 just because they say "Well, maybe in 10.0 if it makes sense and works out."

Instead of saying no more customizations for the entire expansion, they could have put it off until 9.1.5 or later. That would also have been acceptable.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Its astounding that some of the 'main' races really only just get three new hair styles and a few new eye/skin colors.
    When they said they were trying to get the bulk in at launch, I took that to mean those races that got tremendously less than humans would be touched on later.
    To have sold customization as a feature for the expansion when some races got less than they did from the Wrath Barber Shop is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    Exactly. People giving this or cyberpunk2077 bs a pass because of covid is beyond stupid. It's just the perfect excuse right now. A excuse nonetheless, because there's always ways to work around that... if you are willing to.
    And instead of sitting down and admitting they aren't ready, they had to rush it out before 2021, because in the time of covid deadlines are important, but not quality apparently

I'm just saying that for all the expectation that we sympathize with their covid plight, there's little of that going our way. A lot of players might be struggling with their own finances, but they sure don't get Shadowlands half-off.
    While I'm not a Blizzard sympathist by any means when it comes to Covid as an 'excuse', I don't think this evaluation is particularly healthy. We're attributing a product of entertainment to people with financial struggles; the first course of action is prioritizing personal finances over entertainment. I mean, that's the reality of the situation.

I get that there's a sentiment that companies that are thriving financially should be 'morally obligated' to pass on some discounts to their dedicated fans, but honestly this shouldn't be compared to people in financial stress. It's in direct conflict of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I mean, that's great and all, but do you want to be a pink or slightly darker pinker pink auchindoun arrakoa, with one of two beak options that aren't really that different? I tell you that no you don't because once the "specialness" of being a auchindoun arrakoa wears off you'll see that you're just another race option with half-assed minimum effort execution.
    Why yes. Yes I do want to be one. Which is why I said it in the first place......

Honestly, I don't care thattttt much about all the little facial features and scars and stuff cause most of the time my armor is covering all of that up anyway.

My god, I am losing my shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine, i never used them anyway.