Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I cannot fathom even now how I am supposed to care at all about the 'Jailor' he is literally a random who popped up and is 'evil' and I just don't... care.
    Every character starts as a “random” that pops up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    "The Archon survives her wound. They tried to show this by having her hand move after the event in the trailer."

But why?
    The archon has voice lines from the spire dungeon that suggests the realms go to pieces once the creator of the realm dies.
    So the jailer probably spared her to prevent bastion from crumbling cause he wants the kyrian to continue dumping souls at the broken arbiter, or to bolster his forces from the disillusioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Every character starts as a “random” that pops up.
    Sure thats a great way to generalise it, this is blatantly different though.

Its the central character to the entire expansion and unlike all previous expansions which had build up, this did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I cannot fathom even now how I am supposed to care at all about the 'Jailor' he is literally a random who popped up and is 'evil' and I just don't... care.
    Mate you may want to check what you are quoting. I'm talking about flying between zones, NOT the Jailor, who I only give a bit of brownie points to for Sparta-ing Baine off a cliff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    The relationship between the Jailer, Sylvanas, and Anduin is the core of Shadowlands' story.
    Shame it's the least explored or elaborated on thing in the expansion.

The Jailer was looking for Anduin because they needed a hero with his qualities to get an audience with the Archon in Bastion.
    lol what. They can't be serious. He doesn't do anything to get an audience, the player character working with the Kyrians grants him that audience. They just keep asspulling and it keeps getting worse.

The Archon survives her wound. They tried to show this by having her hand move after the event in the trailer.
    *Insert but why meme* Can't have any form of stakes can we? Terribly communicated btw as it looks like a final twitch before death with the hard cut. "Oh but that bugged kill from that one dungeon shows she wipes the zone on death" Considering it's a leftover and unused dungeon boss fight fail mechanic that was only triggered by bugged interaction, I doubt it's meant to be seen as a confirmed thing that would actually happen.

The voice actor's performance for Sire Denathrius caused Steve to want to keep him alive. This is why he is trapped at the end of the raid instead of killed.
    Danuser is a terrible writer. Don't plan something for your villain other than death, hear the VA work, decide he should just live for the contrived reason you like listening to how someone talks. How can anyone expect:
    The confrontation with Sylvanas at the end of Sanctum of Domination will be one of the most epic raid moments in raiding history.
    With this sort of big brain scribbler on the team.
    Time doesn't really mean anything in the realm of death as it's eternity.
    That's not how time works.

Surprised they didn't mention nu Stygia, the currency to grind for Ve'nari next patch.

Also
    You cannot fly directly from zone to zone. You will still need to use the a flight path to enter a zone.
    Why don't you just put flight portals between zones? Or better yet let people fly in Oribos so they can fly back there and out to the other zones if you have to be so asinine about it.
    Also lol at no flying in the Maw but the Kyrians and a flying Necropolis are A Ok. Especially with the whole quest line to deal with the Eye of the Jailer to make it easier to operate in the zone, seems like it would be a great way to eventually allow flying but nope.

The only thing that worries me is the new zone is in the maw right? And even though it seems like we'll be able to spend more time in the maw it will still be limited to a certain amount of time. If that's the case then our access to the new zone will be limited and that sounds terrible.What also sounds kinda bad is making players do a daily in the new zone just to get more time to quest more in the new zone/maw. Its odd to give players limited access to a new area, especially when the new area is a big feature of the new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    There's a person in that chatroom breathing into the mic and it sounds like they are dying of Covid.
    Yeah, I had to turn it off. That was annoying, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    The only thing that worries me is the new zone is in the maw right? And even though it seems like we'll be able to spend more time in the maw it will still be limited to a certain amount of time. If that's the case then our access to the new zone will be limited and that sounds terrible.What also sounds kinda bad is making players do a daily in the new zone just to get more time to quest more in the new zone/maw. Its odd to give players limited access to a new area, especially when the new area is a big feature of the new patch.
    oh no worries, they mentioned some "discovery" we will make over (time gating) to negate the eye debuff

so basically you get to grind in the shit that is the maw so you can make it slightly less shit until it's just the usual patched in flight-free crap

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    There's a person in that chatroom breathing into the mic and it sounds like they are dying of Covid.
    I think it was Holly basically lapping her mouth the entire time that bothered me the most. Sounded like someone just sitting there eating a peach the entire time while other people were talking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, they lost me here:
    Layering will be used much in the same way for Classic's launch.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__