Poll: What do you think the 5th character will be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    My vote (even if it's not particularly likely); A Paladin / Necro hybrid. It's a heavy armor melee / spellcaster, with darker magic and curses. A Palamancer, A Necrodin, whatever you want to call it. Might even call it.... a Deathknight lol.

Hey if I don't get to have my assassin with claws / traps, or my Amazon with melee / bows, then yall don't get to have your pure Paladin / Necro anymore either.

Incoming Deathknight!
    thats called an antipaladin in dnd.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Just put all the classes in ffs. I want the assassin, amazon (badly) put in templar order and enchantress as well. She had an interesting story.
    Throw in Paladin and Crusader too! Just put them all in. It would have tons of replayability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Just put all the classes in ffs. I want the assassin, amazon (badly) put in templar order and enchantress as well. She had an interesting story.
    Throw in Paladin and Crusader too! Just put them all in. It would have tons of replayability.
    May actually happen over time. If the endgame is about doing dungeons in a similar way m+ in wow are structured, adding more classes will fit perfectly. Then it's new zones and new dungeons.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    People say Paladins but haven't the Paladins been wiped out after what happened to their order in Diablo 2? Are they just not all Crusaders now?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    People say Paladins but haven't the Paladins been wiped out after what happened to their order in Diablo 2? Are they just not all Crusaders now?
    They could just as easily retcon them back in. New order and whatnot.

Not quite sure where the lore is on them actually being wiped out. We know the ones in Westmarch were reformed to the Templar order, but they aren't the only Paladins out in the world. The Paladins of Diablo 2 could have survived to carry on the order elsewhere. We just didn't see any mention of them in D3 the way we did for Barbarians, Sorcs and Necromancers.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-28 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They could just as easily retcon them back in. New order and whatnot.

Not quite sure where the lore is on them actually being wiped out. We dealt with the Zakarum of D2 but the Paladins class could have survived to carry on the order. We just didn't see any mention of them in D3 the way we did for Barbarians, Sorcs and Necromancers.
    From the wiki
    The Paladin is originally a warrior of the Zakarum faith, protecting the believers in a dangerous world and working to convert unbelievers. As of the events in Diablo II however, there has been a split in the Church, with the Paladins rejecting the now corrupted leadership in Kurast.
    Also Book of Tyreal
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-28 at 10:07 PM.

From the wiki
    Yes but that is just the origins of the order. The Paladin itself is still a devout follower and fighter of the Zakarum faith, and it's still possible for the scattered remnants to yield a new generation. We just never saw this formally progress in Diablo 3 since our focus was taken away from Kurast and away from the Paladins themselves. We just see the offshoots of their order, like the Knights of Westmarch, the Templar order and the loose connections to the Crusaders.

I kinda see it like how the Barbarians are still around even though their entire homeland has been turned into the Wastelands.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-28 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes but that is just the origins of the order. The Paladin itself is still a devout follower and fighter of the Zakarum faith, and it's still possible for the scattered remnants to yield a new generation. We just never saw this formally progress in Diablo 3 since our focus was taken away from Kurast and away from the Paladins themselves. We just see the offshoots of their order, like the Knights of Westmarch, the Templar order and the loose connections to the Crusaders.
    Well I thought I'd ask anyway

I was unsure.

Crusaders are a new order founded by Akkhan (which was a mid-tier Zakarumite priest) in secret due to his discovery of the corruption going in the order. It's not a stretch to consider that the old Zakarumite paladins became crusaders, but in the end they're just an order of holy warriors.

As Demon Hunters came out as a completely new force, then can reintroduce Paladins in D4 - either as a re-founded Zakarumite order (given we wiped the old order and Mephisto in D2) or as a completely new one. They can even make Crusaders become the new Paladins.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Crusaders are a new order founded by Akkhan (which was a mid-tier Zakarumite priest) in secret due to his discovery of the corruption going in the order. It's not a stretch to consider that the old Zakarumite paladins became crusaders, but in the end they're just an order of holy warriors.

As Demon Hunters came out as a completely new force, then can reintroduce Paladins in D4 - either as a re-founded Zakarumite order (given we wiped the old order and Mephisto in D2) or as a completely new one. They can even make Crusaders become the new Paladins.
    very true... I love Paladins myself so I would like them to come back.

Personally with Druid I feel necromancer wont be a thing. But its certainly a shield wielding class, unless they bright back warrior, but Barbarian sort of fills that roll now but with Rogue back who knows
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-29 at 08:50 AM.

Why are there two options for an original new class?

Decades have passed since D3. Crusaders are still around, the orders could have been re-established.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    This is a tough guess.

I'm actually personally disappointed with the Rogue reveal. Both the dagger melee shadow and the bow / xbow ranger have already been such distinct different classes, that melding them together is something I'm not for at all, it's as if we're getting just half baked of both.

However the reason I bring this is up, is it's possible the final class is the same thing; two archetypes we'd assume would be separate, but put together.

I'd say the smart money is on the Paladin, while it's very possible we get the Necro back as well. But what if it's both?

My vote (even if it's not particularly likely); A Paladin / Necro hybrid. It's a heavy armor melee / spellcaster, with darker magic and curses. A Palamancer, A Necrodin, whatever you want to call it. Might even call it.... a Deathknight lol.

Hey if I don't get to have my assassin with claws / traps, or my Amazon with melee / bows, then yall don't get to have your pure Paladin / Necro anymore either.

Incoming Deathknight!
    Given the silhouette in the D4 website campfire page, it's not a tough guess. I'll eat crow if it's not one of the holy knight sword and board derivatives. The silhouette is clearly a class wearing mail gear by the looks of the hands/arms, and the mead clearly looks like a chain-mail coif. It reeks of Paladin. But whether you call it Rogue, Assassin, or Amazon, the kit fits, all could use melee, all could use range. combining aspects of both makes sense. But while there are dark knights in Diablo lore, and anti-paladins in fantasy lore(possible Diablo as well), I don't think it fits or makes sense currently considering they are trying to draw from the past, specifically D2. Maybe in the future all options are on the table, but for the 5th, it will be a Paladin/Crusader/Templar holy knight archetype that uses melee and shields.

I'm just hoping they can tune the abilities and gameplay balance of a Paladin/Crusader type to actually be able to melee in combat.

I loved the Crusader in D3, but the majority of the time the builds were all geared towards gimmicks, with melee builds being shunted to the corner. Ranged and AoE builds were just far more effective. The closest melee build you could get relied on gimmicks like an occassional super-powered Shieldbash finisher after you built up with sweep.

But I guess it was a problem with D3 in general. All the best builds were focused on crazy AoE and ranged gimmicks over any real melee combat. I'm hoping D4 manages to set a decent pace to let the melee builds thrive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Paladins and Crusaders are basically same stuff right now. Any difference comes purely from the lore.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I would like to see something like a Blood Knight. Think of the Paladin but with a blood magick aspect. The trailer for the game makes me feel like there may be a heavy "blood" theme to the game. Just something that sounds cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Paladin most likely.
    No original classes yet. It's definitely going to be something original.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    No original classes yet. It's definitely going to be something original.
    Why? Blizz was always perfectly fine with reusing old classes.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Why? Blizz was always perfectly fine with reusing old classes.

Did you not play D3? D2?

Otherwise we'd only be playing with the same classes since D1

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post

Did you not play D3? D2?

Otherwise we'd only be playing with the same classes since D1
    Yes, I did play D3. Not a single truly original class there. DH was an obvious mix of Assassin and Amazon, WD was an obvious spin on Necro. And Monk appeared in Diablo Hellfire. Pretty sure Blizz will remain in that frame when coming up with 5th class.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, I did play D3. Not a single truly original class there. DH was an obvious mix of Assassin and Amazon, WD was an obvious spin on Necro. And Monk appeared in Diablo Hellfire. Pretty sure Blizz will remain in that frame when coming up with 5th class.
    You're reaching instead of admitting being wrong. There's no further discussion here lol goodbye