Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except they arnt still there, they get banned and they make new ones, its a cycle and its the harsh reality of boosters, its a big market, and there is fucking nothing they can do about it.

    ban specific words? well they just go "W T S" instead, and players who say for example "Newts M+ runs!" gets banned cause they included WTS in their text...

    There is nothing they can really do then other maybe hire someone to literally just watch the group finder all day every day 24/7 and ban anyone who is selling runs in LFG.

    you say "they could have done so much more" but you dont say WHAT they could have...
    They can change the way the system work. Not able to use custom text, only a drop down list of pre-defined sentences etc.

    Create a listing, choose your dungeon and key level or raid/bosses. And thats the title of the listing. And then drop down menus for everything else. classes you need/want, bosses you are going for/have killed etc. There is no reason to have custom text. Players would quickly adapt to this and there would be no way to advertise

  2. #82
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,322
    Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    Yeah. I heard that argument from a lot of people too. I personally agree with that. However, i do not want to spread conspiracy theory here. I would like to see a concrete solution from blizzard.
    Solution for what, specifically?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The Valor system isn't really Pay2Win, it is Play2Win, just because people can pay boosters doesn't mean it is Pay2Win, for if that is so, then every MMORPG existing, is Pay2Win.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Indeed not. I hardly see spammers in the LFG tool anymore. They are really hammering down in there, wish they would in trade chat too though.
    This dude sums up my views on it as well.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Respect all, submit to none.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Solution for what, specifically?
    About bringing back filtering features for addons.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Nope. The definition of p2w is getting an advantange over someone that is exclusively only obtainable by paying. Being limited by player skill does not make something p2w, if they're still able to get those things by simply getting better at the game.

    You're also not buying gold from Blizzard, either. Using your logic, every MMO in history is p2w because you could buy boosts/gold from 3rd party websites.
    Holy shit, I 100% disagree with that. OH MY GOD.

    Those games that makes you wait 10,000 day to advance your pet monster or you could pay USD 5.00 now to do that instead. These phone games is not pay to win in your lame ass example because it is not 'exclusive in bold'

    Get out of here.
    Last edited by gobio; 2021-02-26 at 07:47 AM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Holy shit, I 100% disagree with that. OH MY GOD.

    Those games that makes you wait 10,000 day to advance your pet monster or you could pay USD 5.00 now to do that instead. These phone games is not pay to win in your lame ass example because it is not 'exclusive in bold'

    Get out of here.
    Doesn't matter if you disagree. Them's the facts, fam.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Doesn't matter if you disagree. Them's the facts, fam.
    I still disagree where did you trade mark the term pay to win, are you going to sue me? What a joke.

    Imagine in 2021 people still defend 'do lots of chore' as a option for 'pay USD 5.00 now to skip that' as 'not pay to win'.

  8. #88
    As SP it takes me some time to get invited to m+ and I don't like to stand idle in a place so while I'm applying to m+ I search for rares and so.
    Curretly I sign on m+ , filtering the ones I need, then I move to cuscom and search rares name, get declined, move to dungeons, filter, apply, move to custom search rare, move to dungeons, seach, aply, move to custom, search rare....it's a pain, I miss LFG too, a lot !

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    I still disagree where did you trade mark the term pay to win, are you going to sue me? What a joke.

    Imagine in 2021 people still defend 'do lots of chore' as a option for 'pay USD 5.00 now to skip that' as 'not pay to win'.
    Sorry that you don't understand basic terminology.

    You can pay a boosting website $300 to skip grind and get full raid gear, does that mean WoW's p2w? No? Okay, then.

    It's not p2w if you're not paying for something other players are mechanically unable to ever get, by just playing the game.

    Don't bother responding to this reply, you've made it clear that you're an idiot so I'm just gonna block you.

  10. #90
    Bloodsail Admiral tommyhil622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    They can change the way the system work. Not able to use custom text, only a drop down list of pre-defined sentences etc.

    Create a listing, choose your dungeon and key level or raid/bosses. And thats the title of the listing. And then drop down menus for everything else. classes you need/want, bosses you are going for/have killed etc. There is no reason to have custom text. Players would quickly adapt to this and there would be no way to advertise
    yea and create an easy reporting system. Report it straight from the LFG UI. And that would crush the silliness.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    yea and create an easy reporting system. Report it straight from the LFG UI. And that would crush the silliness.
    That does not work if I want "Cutting Edge" or "Raider.IO 2000 score" only players to join my group.

  12. #92
    Bloodsail Admiral tommyhil622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by ruwshtyb View Post
    That does not work if I want "Cutting Edge" or "Raider.IO 2000 score" only players to join my group.
    i hear ya i'm not cutting edge or have a score of 2000, i still find groups. Also if you join a guild with any good number of players, you'll get runs/carries etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •