Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a trait of Arthas, not the Lich King, though. If Arthas was to non-lethally lose the Lich King aspect, he would still have been a Death Knight, while the Lich King would no longer be.
    Doesn't he use a Death Gate in Oribos?
    And how could he peer into the Maw, or lead the Knights of the Ebon Blade, without being a Death Knight?

Aside from that, this does not apply to Anduin, who was never the Lich King. He was corrupted (not raised, i believe), much like Arthas, to be a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Doesn't he use a Death Gate in Oribos?
    And how could he peer into the Maw, or lead the Knights of the Ebon Blade, without being a Death Knight?
    Do you really need those answered? None of those are intrisically tied to being a Death Knight. He's also coming through with some actual DKs, so there is no reason to assume he opened the Gate himself.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Aside from that, this does not apply to Anduin, who was never the Lich King. He was corrupted (not raised, i believe), much like Arthas, to be a Death Knight.
    Actually, he wasn't corrupted. He was Dominated. He's also still not a Death Knight, his body is just being used as a vessel for the Jailer's power. He doesn't have any control over what's going on, and the power isn't his own.

If only Anduin was actually undead and the results were actually permanent then maybe I would care even the slightest iota. He didn't even kill anyone yet so what does he have to be guilty about? We're going to stop the Jailer. There has yet to be any lasting consequences to be seen.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Actually, he wasn't corrupted. He was Dominated. He's also still not a Death Knight, his body is just being used as a vessel for the Jailer's power. He doesn't have any control over what's going on, and the power isn't his own.
    Well, once you wield Frostmourne (which, has runes on it) and the Helm of Domination (the previous vessel of the Jailer), you're kind of dominated yourself. I know they cleared this out by claiming Arthas' actions were his own but, it is similar to Anduin's situation, who wields Kingsmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    If only Anduin was actually undead and the results were actually permanent then maybe I would care even the slightest iota. He didn't even kill anyone yet so what does he have to be guilty about? We're going to stop the Jailer. There has yet to be any lasting consequences to be seen.
    You're right. They don't want to stain Anduin's snow white resume even if it wouldn't actually be his fault.

so, anduin goes to forsaken, arthas becomes new jailer, sylvanas sacrifices herself?

i expect some fatherly tips from Arthas to Anduin, this is pretty intriguing
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2021-03-01 at 11:09 AM.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by ModeratorForLife View Post
    Well, once you wield Frostmourne (which, has runes on it) and the Helm of Domination (the previous vessel of the Jailer), you're kind of dominated yourself. I know they cleared this out by claiming Arthas' actions were his own but, it is similar to Anduin's situation, who wields Kingsmourne.
    No, it isn't. Anduin doesn't wield or do anything, he's just a passenger in his own body currently. Arthas was still doing all that stuff himself, even if he was being misdirected or corrupted.

5+ Year Old Account
    There has yet to be any lasting consequences to be seen.
    Well, that's the whole motto for Andy boi. He practically has no flaws, and if he ever shows anything even remotely close to one, it has exactly zero (0) consequences.

So I guess that writers are being consistent, at least in this case
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No, it isn't. Anduin doesn't wield or do anything, he's just a passenger in his own body currently. Arthas was still doing all that stuff himself, even if he was being misdirected or corrupted.
    He wields Kingsmourne. There was no need for Sylvanas to point it at him, when the Jailer could just dominate him with domination armor.

Here's hoping he becomes more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ModeratorForLife View Post
    He wields Kingsmourne. There was no need for Sylvanas to point it at him, when the Jailer could just dominate him with domination armor.
    The Jailer wields Kingsmourne. Anduin isn't doing anything whatsoever.

Extent of changes post-Shadowlands - Slightly more gruff with other Alliance leaders and a goatee.

The Jailer wields Kingsmourne. Anduin isn't doing anything whatsoever.
    I'm aware of it.
    But, maybe, holding it, physically, corrupts the soul to the point of undeadish state, like Arthas and Frostmourne.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only change I can envision for Andy is him becoming Green Shiny Jesus in 10.0, stepping down as high king and going neutral (in the same way that his employee Valeera is "neutral") in order to lead us all to salvation with the power of his holy bones. Everyone will meekly follow him, lest they want to be branded as edgy/unreasonable/evil.

The dark magic will soak into his holy bones, nullifying their power forever, making him very slightly edgier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If any previous situations of "Bad guys does something to Anduin" are anything to go by, he'll get even more special powers.
    UNholy bones, that help him detect evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    UNholy bones, that help him detect evil!
    Hmmm... If his holy bones ached when he did, or thought about doing something bad, then those unholy bones should ache when he is about to do something good /thinking

Don't forget that Blizzard forced a scene into Shadows Rising where Anduin summons a flicker of purple energy. They're obviously setting him up for the Light vs. Void story arc, or something of that nature. Perhaps what he's facing now is meant to mentally prepare him for what is to come.

As for the being guilty part, it's not uncommon for benevolent characters to feel guilt about something outside of their control. And Anduin already does judging by his facial expression in the cinematic.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2021-03-08 at 05:10 PM.

After this I think Anduin is going to become the new leader of the Forsaken it's the only thing that makes sense story wise. Does anybody really think when Anduin comes back Turalyon is going to let a compromised undead lead Stormwind? There will be a fight and Anduin will be forced out with the rest and this will open up the door to cross faction relations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Arthas became undead when he took his heart out.
    Arthas took his heart out upon reaching Icecrown Glacier, which to my knowledge, doesn't happen until the end of TFT. Meanwhile, DK Arthas is considered undead throughout the WC3 experience. It could be argued that was a mechanic label rather than a lore label, though, similar to how the Cult of the Damned are classified as undead in that game and humanoid in WotLK.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Does anybody really think when Anduin comes back Turalyon is going to let a compromised undead lead Stormwind?
    Turalyon boi is completely OK with VOID elves, i.e. the same folks who dabble in the very thing that the Light opposes the most - hell, even his own wife is one of them, and not an ordinary grunt while at it, but their freaking leader. So why wouldn't he be OK with an undead Anduin? Even Genn came to tolerate the Forsaken as of BtS, because there is nothing stronger in WoW than the power of friendship