Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post

m+ is a system that gives gear rewards for completion
    If you're lucky.

And I suspect you're right they won't do exactly that but it isn't to their credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I enjoyed Mythics was in Legion, I haven't touched them since.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I honestly feel sad for you that you think about the game that way.
    I run raids because I like the challenge with my guild. We are not the best, that's why we still progress in heroic. But each boss killed after dozends of wipes feels like an accomplishment, no matter the loot. WoW for me is more than loot; loot just serves as a barrier to content.
    Oh, don't misunderstand -- I feel the same way about Raids as you do. When I played, I raided for the challenge. I feel that way about M+, too, though. On the other hand, it's pretty common on these forums for players to talk about how the only reason they keep raiding is for the loot. I may not feel that way, but it's not an uncommon feeling in the community.

I mean, League of Legends I guess? Fortnite? CSGO? You don't really get anything for winning, except maybe insignificant amounts of ingame currency, but those are really just trace amounts, nobody plays those for that reward.
    I guess I should've been more specific when I said "modern". All of those games are relatively old, at this point (FortniteBR is the youngest at 3 and a half years), and, even still, at least two of them have battle passes (I can't speak for LoL, but Fortnite and CSGO both do) that provide rewards for participation.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    But that they enjoy the loot it gives.

In BfA you could reach Mythic level of gear by just doing a weekly +15. People were so used to easy gearing like that, that they cry about it this expansion.
    People do not enjoy m+ for the content it brings, they solely enjoy to do it because of the loot it gives.

Only a small minority seems to enjoy m+ so much, the rest only cares about the gear.
    So many people crying that the gear isn't a high enough ilvl and that it's not often dropped.

I thought that people enjoyed this content regardless? I thought m+ was fun? What happened?
    You're so retarded I don't even know where to start explaining how wroing you are.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    You're so retarded I don't even know where to start explaining how wroing you are.
    Please, stop lying... no one would be doing mythics if it wasn't for the easy gear

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's definitely a slice of the community that hates M+ but only runs it because the gear is that good.

And I do think that's a problem Blizz has to sort out. How they uncouple the two issues without causing the death of M+ I don't know. This may end up a fix that's part of a larger redesign of endgame gearing that the game seems in desperate need of. Beyond just bandages like Titanforging or Corruption or "Let Loot Be Loot."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    There's definitely a slice of the community that hates M+ but only runs it because the gear is that good.

And I do think that's a problem Blizz has to sort out. How they uncouple the two issues without causing the death of M+ I don't know. This may end up a fix that's part of a larger redesign of endgame gearing that the game seems in desperate need of. Beyond just bandages like Titanforging or Corruption or "Let Loot Be Loot."
    Frankly the same could be said for raiding. Plenty of people only raid because it's a way to get gear to use in other apsects of the game and let's be real here, raiding is an extremely archaic content model - especially the overly restrictive mythic version.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    That is false.
    No, it's not. Mythic raiding is the endgame. It's not part of the gearing up process - you don't need 226 gear to cleat content. It's a staple if you are having troubles.

Gearing up is the whole part between the beginning and the end. And M+ are just hands down better. Just check players all around, most gear comes from M+ and no one does raids only because it's just painful. You can spam M+ for loot while raid is a weekly chance.

It's fun how people think max level gear is part of the travel when it's actually the destination.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No, it's not. Mythic raiding is the endgame. It's not part of the gearing up process - you don't need 226 gear to cleat content. It's a staple if you are having troubles.

Gearing up is the whole part between the beginning and the end. And M+ are just hands down better. Just check players all around, most gear comes from M+ and no one does raids only because it's just painful. You can spam M+ for loot while raid is a weekly chance.

It's fun how people think max level gear is part of the travel when it's actually the destination.
    Gear is only a tool to get the result.

M+ is also endgame, someone who does both will always be better, and someone who also does pvp will be even better. But someone can perfectly do one activity only. It's a self induced need to do other content to have a chance to be a tiny bit ahead of others who only do one type of content.
    How farming M+ which gives you 210ilvl is better source of gear than raiding - I have no clue. Wanna maximize your options in vault? Sure - go ahead and spam m+, but every raider can do that. Even if you do a quick 14 you still get a chance at that BiS trinket from m+ to get 226. A player who only does m+ can never just and kill mythic raid bosses when he has 30mins off. Which is fine, because raiding requires more effort to get going. M+ spam is needed only if you go for hall of fame I guess, but that is 200 guilds with what, 25 people roster? 5k people in grand-scheme is absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    BfA version of M+ was best one. Legion was boring meatgrinder and sl is brick wall simulator.
    What do you mean brickwall? It doesn't seem much different from previous expansions? I do 1 m+ a week tops to get the 226 vault item but the dungeons seem the same as they were in BFA tbh...

What's there to enjoy? It's repeating the same 8-10 dungeons for 2 years just slightly differently and more or less difficult each week. I know, I know but that's basically it.

The only thing it prooved is, that blizz can do what they want people on MMO-Champion will think EVERYTHING is shit.

No idea why half the people here play this game anymore.

And people complaining that PuGs are gatekeeping are just hilarious.
    People complaining, that you cannot get 226 loot from Mythic+ which is just simply NOT true. The weekly chest will give you max loot way before normal players can set foot into Mythic raiding.... And is way easier ontop of that. Like... soooo much easier...

Mythic+ can be fun, but to me its to "Niche" with the timer and all. It gets really old and not social at all.
    And if you find a group that just wants to pull trough and have fun, failing and trying again: You wont get to progress.

I find the difficulty to be the fun part, not the speedy part.

To me at least, a mythic verson without a timer would make me fall inn love with the game again as a MMORPG.
    Mythic 0s becomes too easy too fast and has no challenge

Remove the timer, everybody gets a piece from the loot table, and bring back challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    To me at least, a mythic verson without a timer would make me fall inn love with the game again as a MMORPG.
    Mythic 0s becomes too easy too fast and has no challenge
    without timer the dificulty would have to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much higher (if it still rewards gear) that most people wouldnt bother, especialy if it gives worse gear than raids, as it does now...

Honestly I don't get the obsession with everything being "hard" so people can show off. Human nature, I guess. But why couldn't they make the timer mostly for leaderboard/bragging and not try to make artificial difficulty? The content is supposed to be the difficulty, not having to rush through it. In fact, why can't they make the timer optional but it has risk/reward. So I mean something like when you put in the keystone you can select to have it timed; if you do, it works like normal; if you don't time your key drops, if you time by X your key can go up +2/+3. If you don't select the timer, then you can't fail the time but your key can only go up by 1 if you succeed. Let the people who just want it done not have the timer, while the people who want to show off by how fast they can do things get a bigger risk for a bigger reward (higher key). Maybe have an extra piece of gear for the timed version (so it'd be what, 3? No idea I hate the system) to sweeten the pot.

Main point is that pretty much every issue people have with M+ is the timer and what that does to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    What do you mean brickwall? It doesn't seem much different from previous expansions? I do 1 m+ a week tops to get the 226 vault item but the dungeons seem the same as they were in BFA tbh...
    There is no brickwall, there just arent mechanics to carry them.

Gearing is slower in SL, thats a fact, the average player requires to be similar or overgeared to finish the content, therefor it feels like a "Brick wall", when nothing has actually changed, there just arent OP mechanics to carry their ass.

Im honest and i don't want to insult anybody even tho i know this does not sound that way, but i really can't understand people who are this much into mythic+ and i find it kind of stupid?

Its repeating the same shit multiple times a week with various levels of inbalanced HP pools and its... I think i would go insane if i did this for more than a few months each expansion. Of course its a wet dream for managers. super low effort work and it keeps some people entertained for 2 years and all you got to add is another stupid and aribitrary negative for the player to chew through.

And if i would not get loot for it, i would pass on Dungeons entirely after doing them Heroic once or twice. They are never that entertaining and especially as a Healer all i get is an increased heartrate because Pugs are the worst...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Its repeating the same shit multiple times a week with various levels of inbalanced HP pools and its... I think i would go insane if i did this for more than a few months each expansion. Of course its a wet dream for managers. super low effort work and it keeps some people entertained for 2 years and all you got to add is another stupid and aribitrary negative for the player to chew through.
    Because you dont it "multiple times" a week.

You do a few when its fresh and fun, and then you do a few more when its still fresh and fun, and then you barely log on to do the 1 weekly for months because you still need the 226 item.

People simply dont understand how the experience is different when you are actually playing with decent players, you guys simply dont get it, because you never experienced it.

"I would not get loot" lol. I really dont understand how people that refuse to progress into content that provide that extra loot, refuse to do so either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Main point is that pretty much every issue people have with M+ is the timer and what that does to people.
    And the timer and what is requires from people is exactly why we love it!
    It is perfect for anyone who has just an ounce of completive spirit. And even better with the difficulty scaling with key level it offers a challenge for all competitive people regardless of skill level.

All competitive content in WoW has a built in timer: M+, raids (enrage), PvP has it as well.

It is perfectly OK if you don't like it, but it does baffle me that so many here can't understand why a lot of people love it.
    There is plenty of stuff in WoW that I don't like, but I can understand why people love what I don't like, but as long as there is plenty for me in WoW that I do like then I don't care.
    And Blizzard is perfectly aware that there should be content for all play styles and skill levels and Blizzard provides for us all.