Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People are trying to tell you it won't work, maybe listen instead of saying but but but in WoW.

Macros simply don't work well enough for combat rotations in FFXIV for them to ever be recommended.

So to answer your question: There is none.

Thankfully RDM is an extremely easy class to play without button bloat, so get on the Balance discord or watch a YT video and you're set!
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2021-02-22 at 10:37 PM.

its not going to work for red mage. you might be able to get away with bard or dancer, maybe dragoon? red mage has to balance mana and procs. no matter what, you would be doing 20% of the dps you could be though at best. might as well just spam 1 button as that wouldnt be much different dps wise.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarc View Post
    Wrong. I would have gotten something like say:

Macro for Single Cast

/cast Fireball
    /cast Combustion
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Fire Blast
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Phoenix Flames
    /cast Fireball
    /cast Scorch

and weave in /cast Pyroblast
    That would be a stupid thing to use, it would literally just cast fireball and nothing else.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Except they do... this is clipped from a WoW Macro for Fire and ...

/micon “Heavy Shot”
    /ac “Misery’s End” <t>
    /ac “Bloodletter” <t>
    /ac “Heavy Shot” <t>

clipped from a macro Archer/Bard
    So I threw a quick macro into my FF14 character and guess what; that doesn't work. First Misery's End is long-gone so that is an OOOOOLD macro. Second, all that macro is saying is: "cast Heavy Shot (which really should be Burst Shot) unless Bloodletter is off CD".

Red Mage really doesn't have anything like this except for maybe Fleche like someone ahead mentioned. The concept of HOW a RDM plays is so incredibly different than a BRD that attempting to draw a conclusion like you are just doesn't work. I main a dancer, and I can tell you that there aren't any good macros that you can use on that job either (sorry previous poster).

I also spent a bit on The Balance discord (as others have mentioned) and there are no viable macros listed there for you. What you are asking for really just does not exist in FF14 like you claim it does in WoW. 14 is designed for you to understand and actively engage in your job so that based on what abilities proc (dancer, scholar, samurai, etc.), where your resources are (red mage, dark knight, machinest, etc.) dictates on a case by case basis which button gets pressed at that point in the fight.

If you are trying to simplify what is arguably the easiest DPS job in this game right now; I'm sorry but it really does not exist. You can easily play RDM at in pug environments using only 10 buttons (caster combo is 5 and melee combo is 5). Trying to simplify the game into one button press just doesn't happen in this game.

Except they do... this is clipped from a WoW Macro for Fire and ...

/micon “Heavy Shot”
    /ac “Misery’s End” <t>
    /ac “Bloodletter” <t>
    /ac “Heavy Shot” <t>

clipped from a macro Archer/Bard
    That's a heirarchy Macro, not a cast sequence Macro. Very big difference. You can't do a functional cast sequence Macro in WoW or in FFXIV which is what you're asking for.

Misery's End and Bloodletter are not always available, Heavy Shot is. So what this Macro does is Cast Misery's End if it's available, if Misery's End isn't available and Bloodletter IS available, then it will cast Bloodletter, otherwise if neither Misery's End or Bloodletter aren't available it will just cast Heavy Shot.

With all that said, that's a REALLY old Macro.

The only Macros you could make like this for Red Mage would be:

/micon "Jolt II"
    /ac "Verfire"
    /ac "Verstone" (can switch fire and stone)
    /ac "Jolt II"

And this would honestly be terrible because you want to balance your White and Black Mana generation, always choosing to cast Fire first or Stone first would mean your Black mana would always outpace your White mana.

I'm sorry for some of the animosity, but if you're asking for a single macro that plays your rotation for you it just doesn't exist. Macros don't work like that.

You are asking for a macro for a rotation thats entirely random: Can't be done. Accept it and move on.

Red mage in general has one main gimmick that I wouldn't recommend macroing too heavily into: Dualcast. On top of that you have two procs that increase your black/white magic bar respectively, and in order to optimize your damage there should be minimal macro usage at all times when they're involved.

Jolt is the start of your rotation. You can follow those up with veraero or verthunder to spend your dualcast. Just to clarify, dualcast is a mechanic that red mage has to use at all times so you can get off another ability which would normally take 5 seconds to cast. If you land either veraero or verthunder you have a chance to proc verfire with thunder, or verstone with aero. These two spells can only be used when procced, and they cast faster than verthunder and veraero. So you can skip starting off with jolt and use them to start your next round of dualcasts.

Now where does the macro part come in? Well you can combine verfire into thunder, and verstone into aero. That way you have two less buttons to cast. But thats basically it. Any other macros wouldn't be optimal to your dps based around dualcast and the random proc chance of fire and stone.

You know, this is why I find Final Fantasy so hard to get into, really - and why I sometime really hate playing it. If I had posted this type of question on a World of Warcraft forums sure I would have gotten the idiots replying and all but with in a reply or two I would have had somebody, some player, say "Hey you can create a Macro for Single Target DPS, string together these spells like this", "For Multi/AOE Targets, create a Macro to string together these spells" and "Oh for your class you'll to create a Macro to do by string these spells cause you'll be using it somewhat often.", you know answering the question and being helpful.

I want to get back into Final Fantasy, I want to play with my friends again, and I want to have fun in the environment of Final Fantasy killing mobs and finishing quest and objectives. I do not want to spend my whole time playing whack-a-mole on whatever skill/talent lights up on 10 different action bars that are cluttering the screen. I want 4 or 5 Macros of chained skill/talents/spell that will let me kill mobs, provide support in fight, and generally help out with playing with my friends. I want a Macro for Single Target, that strings some skills/talents/etc together to kill a Single Mob, a Macro for Multi/AOE, that strings skills/talents/etc together to kill a Group of Mobs together, and a few Macro to assist the group of people I'm playing with at the time with whatever Red Mages are good at or assisting with.
    You need to have a daialogue about it though. When people ask you how you want the macros to function you simply respond that you want single target and aoe macros.

That's like going in to McDonald's and saying that you want good and when they ask you what type of food you reply saying that you want food.

I'm happy to help, I use a lot of macros but I need to know what you want each individual macro to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    That would be a stupid thing to use, it would literally just cast fireball and nothing else.
    It would also cast combustion I think since it's off the gcd. The rest would never cast, that's correct.

Thats not how red mage works, its entirely based around proc fishing while balancing to resources you generate.

here try these for a 70 RDM
    understand the reason why rotation macros are as efficient in ff14, is vi a macro the spell cue is disabled as such you have to manually set in wait times but these are limited in increments of half a second, so if your current GCD is say 2.3 seconds you a limited to 2.5 which makes things cast slower overall hence a dps loss, you can include ogcd casts but the often large cooldowns mess things up so have to do things manually.
    but if you're still completely lazy and have no intent on raiding try these below you may have to adjust the wait times to your character, and does not factor some ogcd abilities but thats the trade off.

ST
    white focus use if black mana is greater.
    /micon "Veraero"
    /ac "Acceleration" <wait.1.5>
    /ac "Veraero" <wait.5>
    /ac "Fleche" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Verstone" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Verthunder" <wait.5>
    /ac "Jolt II" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Verthunder" <wait.2.5>

Black focus, use if white is higher,
    /micon "Verthunder"
    /ac "Acceleration" <wait.1.5>
    /ac "Verthunder" <wait.5>
    /ac "Fleche" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Verfire" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Veraero" <wait.5>
    /ac "Jolt II" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Veraero" <wait.2.5>

Melee for when both are 80+
    /micon "Enchanted Riposte"
    /targetenemy
    /facetarget
    /action Auto-attack <t>
    /ac "Corps-a-corps" <wait.1>
    /ac "Riposte" <wait.1.5>
    /ac "Zwerchhau" <wait.1.5>
    /ac "Redoublement" <wait.1.5>
    /ac "Displacement"

AOE
    /micon "Veraero II"
    /ac "Acceleration" <wait.1>
    /ac "Scatter" <wait.5>
    /ac "Fleche" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Veraero II" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Scatter" <wait.5>
    /ac "Verthunder II" <wait.2.5>
    /ac "Scatter" <wait.5>
    /ac "Displacement"
    Last edited by memnokers; 2021-06-05 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by memnokers View Post
    here try these for a 70 RDM
    understand the reason why rotation macros are as efficient in ff14, is vi a macro the spell cue is disabled as such you have to manually set in wait times but these are limited in increments of half a second, so if your current GCD is say 2.3 seconds you a limited to 2.5 which makes things cast slower overall hence a dps loss, you can include ogcd casts but the often large cooldowns mess things up so have to do things manually.
    but if you're still completely lazy and have no intent on raiding try these below you may have to adjust the wait times to your character, and does not factor some ogcd abilities but thats the trade off.
    Any wait command will round to the nearest second, not half second. It doesn't do you any good to add fractions of seconds, which makes the GCD loss add up a lot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Any wait command will round to the nearest second, not half second. It doesn't do you any good to add fractions of seconds, which makes the GCD loss add up a lot quicker.
    Yeah for casters especially it makes very little sense. For like a Machinist you can do something like this:

/micon "Split Shot"
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /ac "Split Shot" <t>
    /wait 1
    /ac "Gauss Round"

Why you put Split Shot over and over again is that it allows you to get around the queue limitation that macros otherwise has.

1st ... If your message is going to be something like "Never USE MACROS in FFXIV...blah, blah, blah. ... etc" move onto another message now, you clearly did not read the Title of this message request and are not interested in helping me anyway, so please take your condescending attitude to some other message cause I'm not interested in hearing your droning lecture about it.

For those people/players that are still reading, Thank You.

I want to play FFXIV, with my friends, enjoy the game, and have fun. To that end I want a few Macros to help me play a Red Mage.

I am looking for Macros for :

Single Target, Multi/AOE Targets, and any other special use skill.

For those that can provide help to answering this question. Thank You Again.
    Anyone will tell you that macros for dps in FFXIV are usually a bad idea if you want to do optimal dps. With that said, I DO use them for several dps jobs because I am older and my hands aren't as steady and nimble as they once were, and frankly many of the DPS jobs in FFXIV have more buttons than I can manage. I'd do worse without my macros so it's better for me to use them than not. So if my macros can help at all, here you go:

This is my single target RDM macro:

/macroicon "Jolt"
    /merror off
    /ft
    /ac "Fleche" <t>
    /ac "Contre Sixte" <t>
    /ac "Acceleration" <me>
    /ac "Verstone" <t>
    /ac "Verfire" <t>
    /ac "Jolt" <t>

This consolidates several buttons into one and makes sure I don't forget to use my oGCD spells. It also allows me use the same button for Verstone and Verfire when they proc. I do keep both of those spells on my bar so I can see that they've procced, but it's much less finger gymnastics since it's all tied to my Jolt button.

Basically on my action bar I have Veraero (1), Jolt Macro (2), Verthunder (3). This allows me to spam 2 most of the time and hit either 1 or 3 when appropriate. The fact that I don't manually manage my oGCD's makes things much more manageable for me. I won't impress anyone running ACT with my performance as an RDM, but I also won't get vote kicked for being complete shite. I should not that I am the type of person who constantly spams my primary macro even when I am on the GCD. It's just something I do, but I think that's the reason the macro works as well as it does for me since normally macros don't queue abilities up for you in the way manually using them does. My spamming makes up for that a bit I think.

AoE became more annoying for me when they reversed how it worked for single target (using jolt to get instant veraero/verthunder), so now you have to veraero II/verthunder II and then use impact (scatter).

For aoe I use:

/merror off
    /ft
    /ac "Fleche" <t>
    /ac "Contre Sixte" <t>
    /ac "Acceleration" <me>
    /ac "Scatter" <t>
    /micon "Veraero II"

and

/merror off
    /ft
    /ac "Fleche" <t>
    /ac "Contre Sixte" <t>
    /ac "Acceleration" <me>
    /ac "Scatter" <t>
    /micon "Verthunder II"

It basically works the same way as single target but reversed. You have two macros that handle your oGCD's and just use impact (scatter) to consume your instant cast. I spend my black and white mana for aoe with enchanted moulinet as a separate button.

You can't macro the melee sequence unfortunately. I tried to but it just won't work. I also keep unmacroed jolt in the number 4 slot on my action bar for scorch since if you have a proc for verstone or verfire, the macro will prevent you from casting scorch even if you try to add scorch specifically to the top of the macro (scorch replaces jolt after you cast verflare or verholy)

As I mentioned at the beginning, everyone will tell you macros are "bad" to use and they are correct in that you will never do optimal dps using them. But if you're like me and aren't physically capable of doing it well manually, or just can't manage all of the necessary buttons, then these macros might help.

If you use ACT, you should compare how well your dps is doing it manually vs. doing it with the macros. If you see that the macros improve your performance and consistency then, while macros are "bad", they would still be "better" for you to use than doing it manually. That's how it is for me anyways. Hope those help.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-06-07 at 01:14 AM.

My only regret is I found this thread months after the fact. Good Lord.

Many of you new players are quite good at being prideful, and discriminators against the disabled.
    Those of us who have been playing since you were in diapers, (or not even born), and those of us who were here for the creation of these games, are older. Some of us have arthritis, shaking hands, and other health conditions. Experiences that YOU will enjoy someday as well.

Your bad-mouthing talk against those who want Macros to help them play is simply "ageism" and you should be ashamed to assume it is "laziness". Some of us simply want to keep PLAYING THE GAME. You are not better because you are still young and still have full mobility - just more egotistical.

Your choices are: we play without Macros and hit our rotation buttons 3-5 seconds slower (or MORE because we can't find it with our bad eyesight).. or you start putting your young, alert, and fast minds together to help with finding a way we can play with you in a some-what equalizing way.
    Macros are a whooping 0.3 slower AT worst. Better that 0.3 than the alternative scenario of 3-5 full seconds I gave above.

Start being a solution, not a smart-mouth who needs to be grounded for a week.
    Last edited by Uncouth; 2023-02-28 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncouth View Post
    Many of you new players are quite good at being prideful, and discriminators against the disabled.
    Those of us who have been playing since you were in diapers, (or not even born), and those of us who were here for the creation of these games, are older. Some of us have arthritis and other health conditions. Health problems that YOU will enjoy someday as well.

Your bad-mouthing talk against those who want Macros to help them play is simply "ageism" and you should be ashamed to assume it is "laziness". Some of us simply want to keep PLAYING THE GAME. You are not better because you are still young and still have full mobility - just more egotistical.

Your choices are: we play without Macros and hit our rotation buttons 3-5 seconds slower (or MORE because we can't find it with our bad eyesight).. or you start putting your young, alert, and fast minds together to help with finding a way we can play with you in a some-what equalizing way.
    Macros are a whooping 0.2 slower AT worst. Better that 0.2 than the alternative scenario of 3-5 full seconds I gave above.

Start being a solution, not a smart-mouth who needs to be grounded for a week.
    The issue is that what is being requested is not a good solution for those problems and when explained that the OP got extremely angry and condescending.

If someone says "My wheelchair broke and I need to know a good way to get down four flights of stairs sitting on a skateboard" and people point out that that isn't a great idea, it isn't because they hate disabled people.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

It is BETTER than the alternative - slower responses or not playing at all.
    Your analogy is not right.
    It is between using the wheelchair or crawling, or just staying in bed until you die<-- THAT is the correct analogy. That is why we HAVE a "Wheelchair" - Macros can be that wheelchair.
    The OP has heard the young being stinks before. They knew your opinions were coming because that's all most of you DO: give opinions to make yourselves look better and ignore charitable solutions.

Let's see how good you guys really are - you can help invent that "wheelchair", or, be the person that points to the disabled laughing with their other friends just so they think they are cool.
    I expect to see just how good you really are in the next few posts with good macros that will HELP - or you will keep puffing yourself up without once proving it.
    Your choice to prove yourself, or: pretend; fake it; be all talk; be a bully...
    Last edited by Uncouth; 2023-02-28 at 01:30 PM.

Completely deranged thread followed by a 2 years necro by an also deranged 1 post account (perhaps OP's alt account?).

This is definitely the most entertaining thread I've seen today
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2023-02-28 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncouth View Post
    It is BETTER than the alternative - slower responses or not playing at all.
    Your analogy is not right.
    It is between using the wheelchair or crawling, or just staying in bed until you die<-- THAT is the correct analogy. That is why we HAVE a "Wheelchair" - Macros can be that wheelchair.
    The OP has heard the young being stinks before. They knew your opinions were coming because that's all most of you DO: give opinions to make yourselves look better and ignore charitable solutions.
    This is not the correct analogy based on the options the OP is giving.
    I would love to help the OP but the way the class works on a fundamental level does not allow for that with what he wants.
    It is a class that uses a priority system to do damage and you have to balance two resources.
    There is no way to make a macro that is able to differentiate between your two resources and cast based on priority so you would have to split it into multiple parts essentially not solving anything in the process and ending up with the same number of buttons.

This is just the reality its not about being condescending or anything. I d love for there to be a way to help the dude (though with their tone I m not sure I d like to actually) but for the class he picked there just isnt. Like many people pointed out, if they care so little about dmg, since his issue cannot be mapped to macros, he can just spam a single target spell and an AOE spell and call it a day. It will get you through MSQ for sure.

Comparing it to WoW is useless as WoW's combat is much friendlier when it comes to macro mapping.