10+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Rodgers is going back to Green Bay. I assume they now just have to work out his contract, cause his cap hit is 44M.

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/st...32638090424321

- - - Updated - - -

"The #Packers and MVP QB Aaron Rodgers have agreed to terms on a 4-year, $200M deal that makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, sources say. He gets a whopping $153M guaranteed and his cap number goes down. A monstrous commitment by GB for years to come.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1501232835486703625

That is a ton of money. I'd assume the last 2 years will be a much bigger cap hit than the first 2.

1 QB down, about 50 more to go that the Denver media keep connecting to the Broncos.

I was slow, the Russell Wilson to the Broncos thing has started already. I have a feeling the starting QB will be someone no one is talking about, since the media has been completely wrong on everything else Paton has done so far.
    Last edited by Grube; 2022-03-08 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Rapoport just tweeted out that due to Aaron's new contract they have the cap space to tag Devante Adams too.

So you got everything you want @Slowpoke is a Gamer ?

$200m for Aaron Rodgers feels like a lot at his age. I guess he's still playing at an MVP level, but they better put a real team around him.

I have to wonder if there's some voidable years or other outs if he just falls apart at some point like Peyton.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL

And now the Seahawks are trading Wilson to the Broncos. Guess that's why the Broncos weren;t worried. They were working on a bigger fish.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Grube Gratz on your new franchise QB. Bit younger than the previous one you had. This one should last a while.

@Northern Goblin RIP

Wow holy shit the Broncos got Wilson?

Huh, did not expect that at all.

Drew Lock is part of the trade, sorry Seahawk fans.

I'm really curious at what all is part of the trade, because Lock had to of increased what they gave up for Wilson.

Wonder what they gave up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Honestly, I welcome it. The AFC west is going to be the absolute monster division to watch now.

And nobody has a defence worth mentioning, so every game is going to be high scoring.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Shelby Harris was part of the deal. That sucks, they should have gave up Jerry Jeudy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Honestly, I welcome it. The AFC west is going to be the absolute monster division to watch now.

And nobody has a defence worth mentioning, so every game is going to be high scoring.
    Yeah, it isn't like one of the defenses was top 5 in points allowed or anything.

2 1sts, 2 2nds, a 5th and 3 players (Lock and Fant both have sucked very bad, so that is a bonus). Not as bad as I was expecting.
    Last edited by Grube; 2022-03-08 at 07:13 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers back for 3 more years of playoff disappointment as his contract approaches albatross status.

Wilson to Denver who'll probably still find a way to finish 3rd/4th in the AFC West.

All eyes on Watson now, my guess is the Commies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Shelby Harris was part of the deal. That sucks, they should have gave up Jerry Jeudy instead.

Yeah, it isn't like one of the defenses was top 5 in points allowed or anything.
    Then traded away one of your best pieces mid season. Also you went on a run at the start of dunking on bad teams, then had 7 games where teams only needed 15 or more points to beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is going back to Green Bay. I assume they now just have to work out his contract, cause his cap hit is 44M.

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/st...32638090424321

- - - Updated - - -

"The #Packers and MVP QB Aaron Rodgers have agreed to terms on a 4-year, $200M deal that makes him the highest paid player in NFL history, sources say. He gets a whopping $153M guaranteed and his cap number goes down. A monstrous commitment by GB for years to come.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1501232835486703625
    Woot! $50M/yr to not make it to the Super Bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks Receive:

1st Round Pick
    1st Round Pick
    2nd Round Pick
    2nd Round Pick
    5th Round Pick
    Drew Lock
    Shelby Harris
    Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
    4th Round Pick

Source: https://twitter.com/AllanBell247/sta...74411671822336

Very surprised at Fant being in there. Would have thought they'd want to keep hold of targets for Wilson to throw to.

Then traded away one of your best pieces mid season. Also you went on a run at the start of dunking on bad teams, then had 7 games where teams only needed 15 or more points to beat you.
    I was trying to ignore those parts of it.

Most of the coaching staff are inexperienced too. I'm not really expecting much out of the defense, especially if Kareem Jackson is gone. It will be like the Champ Bailey years where 1 corner is lock down, but the other is getting burned non stop.

Very surprised at Fant being in there. Would have thought they'd want to keep hold of targets for Wilson to throw to.
    Fant isn't very good and is a huge liability as a blocker. I don't know why they even took him.
    Last edited by Grube; 2022-03-08 at 07:27 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks Receive:

1st Round Pick
    1st Round Pick
    2nd Round Pick
    2nd Round Pick
    5th Round Pick
    Drew Lock
    Shelby Harris
    Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
    4th Round Pick

I see that haul and I'm like "Rodgers could have gotten a third 1st."

Disappointing honestly.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilson just went from having no Oline and one WR, competing against 3 playoff quality teams with top 15 QBs and being tormented twice a year by Bosa, to having no Oline and one WR, competing against 3 playoff quality teams with top 15 QBs and being tormented twice a year by Bosa.

Wilson just went from having no Oline and one WR, competing against 3 playoff quality teams with top 15 QBs and being tormented twice a year by Bosa, to having no Oline and one WR, competing against 3 playoff quality teams with top 15 QBs and being tormented twice a year by Bosa.
    And no draft picks this year to get some O-line or WRs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks Receive:

1st Round Pick
    1st Round Pick
    2nd Round Pick
    2nd Round Pick
    5th Round Pick
    Drew Lock
    Shelby Harris
    Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
    4th Round Pick

Okay so the 1st rounder is definitely one this year and one next year. But the 2nd rounders gets interesting.

Broncos have a 2nd this year from the Rams, pick 64. They could choose to get this trade mostly done this year by giving up both their 2nd rounders this year.

If you are Seattle, do you take two extra seconds in this Draft, which has shown to be deep in a lot of positioins, except QB, or do you take more draft capital for next year and maybe try to get a QB then, when you have mroe ammo and a better quality QB class hopefully?

For now I'm leaning towards letting Denver keep that Rams pick and taking their 2nd next year.

Oh man...as a Seahawks fan....woooowww....

I assume why they did it, presumably: being in a division where one rival one the Super Bowl, another played the SB winner in the NFCCG, and the third looked like the favorite for the first 2/3 of the season, not having gone past the divisional round for quite a number of years, and having multiple major holes to fill and multiple good players leaving in free agency potentially. Still gonna sting for years though.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis